• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

That is me on the far right side. Haha, I'm an Asian Taco, we also call the days the Hispanic way, by the way. Lunes, Martes, Miercoles (Locally, Miyerkules, then comes Huwebes up to Sabado) :)

From Romans days. But you the Philipineans doesn't speak spanish since a while.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

That is me on the far right side. Haha, I'm an Asian Taco, we also call the days the Hispanic way, by the way. Lunes, Martes, Miercoles (Locally, Miyerkules, then comes Huwebes up to Sabado) :)

I noticed that Filipinos use words of Mexican Spanish since they  from part of the New Spain to

55 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Ellos hablan chavacano(Español criollo) ademas de otros idiomas de las filipinas y el ingles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

This is true, the Americans came in 1900s and English replaced Spanish. The city where I am from, Cavite la Punta, which is South of Manila was heavily Hispanicized. The generation of my Abuela were the last ones to speak or at least able to fairly comprehend Spanish. To this day, only selected persons are able to use Chavacano in our area.

10 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

This is true, the Americans came in 1900s and English replaced Spanish. The city where I am from, Cavite la Punta, which is South of Manila was heavily Hispanicized. The generation of my Abuela were the last ones to speak or at least able to fairly comprehend Spanish. To this day, only selected persons are able to use Chavacano in our area.

Chabacán. lol.

The variant in the province of Zamboanga in the Southern Philippines is still fairing well. The variant in Cavite la Punta is not doing good though. I heard a story from my former instructor that the local parish is offering language classes for those interested in learning the language. Mostly the elderly were the only ones speaking it right now and they use it as a cryptolanguage when talking about sensitive issues in their local area.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wackyserious said:

The variant in the province of Zamboanga in the Southern Philippines is still fairing well. The variant in Cavite la Punta is not doing good though. I heard a story from my former instructor that the local parish is offering language classes for those interested in learning the language. Mostly the elderly were the only ones speaking it right now and they use it as a cryptolanguage when talking about sensitive issues in their local area.

Interesting I thought the chavacano was very spoken xd. I see in Philippines they use the word pendejo but with a different meaning, is this true or is the same?

Hello, I'm Adrvm, from Asturias, Spain! My first languages are Spanish and Asturian, I'm on GTM+1.

My nickname comes from Adr(ián) V(ega) M(ántaras), my real name!. My favourite factions are Romans, Gauls and Persians.

AST: Ye bien prestosu el vuesu xuegu, a min préstenme pola vida tolos RTS ya esti ye'l que más xuego colos mios collacios, teo bien de ganes de probar l'Alfa 24.

SPA: Vuestro juego está muy bien, me gustan mucho todos los RTS y este es el que más juego junto a mis amigos, tengo muchas ganas de probar la Alfa 24.

ENG: Your game its so good! I really like every RTS and specially this one, I play it a lot with my friends and I raelly want to play Alpha 24.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...