1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yes we have ancient Macedonian in the game and Thessalian cavalry.

yes I know .. i have played the game for sometime .. i like that when  constructe buildings near the location of the enemy and u take part of his land

it's Thessalonian .. Thessaly is other part of Greece

Edited by jemadux
  • Like 1

Just now, jemadux said:

yes I know .. i have played the game for sometime .. i like that when  constructe buildings near the location of the enemy and u take part of his land

No is the same place? I'm not good with Macedonian Geography.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, jemadux said:

The original name of the city was Θεσσαλονίκη Thessaloníkē. It was named after princess Thessalonike of Macedon, the half sister of Alexander the Great, whose name means "Thessalian victory", from Θεσσαλός 'Thessalos', and Νίκη 'victory' (Nike), honoring the Macedonian victory at the Battle of Crocus Field (353/352 BCE).

Minor variants are also found, including Θετταλονίκη Thettaloníkē,[17][18] Θεσσαλονίκεια Thessaloníkeia,[19] Θεσσαλονείκη Thessaloneíkē, and Θεσσαλονικέων Thessalonikéōn

Hi all! I'm Michael from Arkansas, USA. I'm an associate student psychologist and I love to travel. I've loved seeing where everyone is from, both here and in game; and I would love to visit your countries!

0ad is turning into an amazing game and it is so playable at it's current stage! I look forward to seeing all of the people who have been interested in it as they start to jump aboard :)

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." —Marcus Aurelius

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wololoo said:

Hi all! I'm Michael from Arkansas, USA. I'm an associate student psychologist and I love to travel. I've loved seeing where everyone is from, both here and in game; and I would love to visit your countries!

0ad is turning into an amazing game and it is so playable at it's current stage! I look forward to seeing all of the people who have been interested in it as they start to jump aboard :)

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." —Marcus Aurelius

You tried  our latest alpha? A23

• 3 weeks later...

RolandSC2 -> my Blizzard tag from years of playing Starcraft II (found the game when Wings of Liberty released, so I never played the original). Roland is the central protagonist in the Black Tower magnum opus by Stephen King. Didn't see the movie, but I suspect it's entirely different from the books. I work from home in Ohio, US in an enterprise IT field. Unfortunately I speak no language other than English and a bit of Mandarin. Be gentle with me players from South America.  

Have enjoyed matches with many of you already. See you online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, my name is Astrid,and I live in Bergen,Norway. I enjoy reenactments, {Yes I participate} medieval history, HEMA,martial arts {been practicing since 7}, the dark ages,and Vikings :D I been gaming since I was a child,and always loved RTS games {3 things to do in Norway as a girl if you hate the mall,skii,drink or game heh} I choose the third and add nature/history to substitute for the first two lol My rl name is Astrid and my nickname ? Well I have several nicknames given to me by friends/strangers from Rapunzel to Lady Godiva to Idun to Sif because I have straight golden blonde hair that sweeps my ankles. I don't really fancy being called these nicknames,and I wear my hair up as much as I could when going in public {mind my English lol} I prefer to be called Astrid over any nickname. My husband introduced me to OAD after he got sick of AOE,and wanted a game similar,and yes he is a player also heh This game is beautiful,and fun,and I am looking forward to the release. At the moment we are having a lot of fun,and it's wonderful how playable it is just being in alpha. If you forget about the words "missing features" you can really have a nice match going. I talked enough heh Great game !

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Astrid said:

Hi all, my name is Astrid,and I live in Bergen,Norway. I enjoy reenactments, {Yes I participate} medieval history, HEMA,martial arts {been practicing since 7}, the dark ages,and Vikings :D I been gaming since I was a child,and always loved RTS games {3 things to do in Norway as a girl if you hate the mall,skii,drink or game heh} I choose the third and add nature/history to substitute for the first two lol My rl name is Astrid and my nickname ? Well I have several nicknames given to me by friends/strangers from Rapunzel to Lady Godiva to Idun to Sif because I have straight golden blonde hair that sweeps my ankles. I don't really fancy being called these nicknames,and I wear my hair up as much as I could when going in public {mind my English lol} I prefer to be called Astrid over any nickname. My husband introduced me to OAD after he got sick of AOE,and wanted a game similar,and yes he is a player also heh This game is beautiful,and fun,and I am looking forward to the release. At the moment we are having a lot of fun,and it's wonderful how playable it is just being in alpha. If you forget about the words "missing features" you can really have a nice match going. I talked enough heh Great game !

Welcome to the forums and nice to see you  we have few mods as mentioned by Stan 

also look here 

• Like 1

Ty for the welcome sweethearts. Also ty for the mod :D  More mods more lovely ! TY for the norse ! I love this game ! The best RTS I ever played, and it even even beats Northgard which I love,and I love the idea of using food to train warriours rather than using food to feed whining villagers. OAD is so historically accurate,and I love the detail in the units/buildings,and the lands are breathtaking,and let's not forget the music,as a music lover {folk,black metal,dark celtic,norse etc}the music is just amazing beautiful/ambient.

TY again for making my dream game ! Much love !

Edited by Astrid
goofed
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hail!

I'm The Great Gurken Khan, revered and feared all over the known - and unknown - lands of the Zeroadees!  *cough*

Aaand IRL I'm just a casual single player from Hamburg, Germany (GMT +2). I came across 0AD feeling nostalgic about AoE2 but not wanting to play along with MS' BS...

'Thank you!' to everyone who contributed to this game, and I at least plan to give oh so constructive feedback. :)

And I'm like totally not a turtle in this game!

Spoiler

0AD-GKworldpeaceandunitytour.thumb.png.77a466b4d1f8835fcd5ae7efeb4763ff.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoi folks it's Dγsphorια from NEVΞRLΔND and I am playing 0AD since 2013 found this in a game magazine with setup, used to finish one game in 15days average on unknown land with bots, later in 2017 I get to know waw there is some multiplayer thing let's try it ,now I love the peoples and community here and like most of peoples, neni and stockie are fav players

• Like 1