Hi, I live in Ghana (where my father is from), GMT -0, but I grew up in Belgium, in the Flemish part (where my mother is from). 

Sundiata Keita was the founder of the Mali Empire, and I'm fascinated by African history and empires, so... That's where the name comes from...

Oh, and my profile pic is one of the famous "Ife Bronzes", from medieval Nigeria...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 4

• fabio featured and unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Hi, I live in Ghana (where my father is from), GMT -0, but I grew up in Belgium, in the Flemish part (where my mother is from). 

Sundiata Keita was the founder of the Mali Empire, and I'm fascinated by African history and empires, so... That's where the name comes from...

A Mali Empire can be raised in Millenium AD

• Like 1

hi ,

hi,
I´m new her and hop ich make no mistaks. It is my first time on dis kind of thing. Corrected me Please should write something in the wrong area/Forum or similar . I live in  germany and the name is the gamer name i have  on dis place .

• Like 1

Actually, those would be Kerma period Kushites, or the Kingdom of Kerma, (but yes, they're colloquially, yet erroneously referred to as Nubians). 

Kingdom of Kerma goes from c. 2500 BCE to 1500 BCE

Then they get conquered and assimilated by New Kingdom Egypt from c. 1500BCE to 1000 BCE

Then the Napatan period, from c. 1000 BCE to 270BCE

Then the Meroitic period, from c. 270BCE to 350 AD

Kerma, Napata and Meroe are three different periods of the Kingdom of Kush.  

After the collapse of the Meroitic state, we see the rise of the Nobatae (Noba), who set up the Kingdom of Nobatia in Northern Sudan. That's where the name Nubia comes from. The central Sudanic, Christian Kingdom of Makuria eventually conquered the kingdoms of Nobatia to it's north, and Alodia to it's south, becoming a major power, twice defeating invasions from the Rashidun Caliphate. Makuria is also worthy of a place in Millennium AD.

Sorry for going off topic :/ 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Too late to discover this thread.

My name is servo, I was born in the Philippines but currently residing in NY. This is one of my steam names in RoN.

My nick comes from the specialized field I loved so much “hydraulics” (hydrostatic). I first came across servomechanism in college when I was studying EE which is about feedback and control system. But this nick is about the fastest and most precise valve ever invented and used in the fields of hydraulics. I was into hydraulics (work/study) for 15 years until pc gaming mess it up.

Probably I’m the oldest player here in 0AD but used to play RoN with retirees :mellow: so I think I’m not the oldest pc gamer. 

Edited by Servo
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:41 AM, Sundiata said:

I remember the first time I hear about your country...

0 GMT what lucky. mine is -6 , so good morning Sundiata.

@Alexandermb and @Skhorn are -4   Venezuela and Colombia.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, Servo said:

Too late to discover this thread.

My name is servo, I was born in the Philippines but currently residing in NY. This is one of my steam names in RoN.

My nick comes from the specialized field I loved so much “hydraulics” (hydrostatic). I first came across servomechanism in college when I was studying EE which is about feedback and control system. But this nick is about the fastest and most precise valve ever invented and used in the fields of hydraulics. I was into hydraulics (work/study) for 15 years until pc gaming mess it up.

Probably I’m the oldest player here in 0AD but used to play RoN with retirees :mellow: so I think I’m not the oldest pc gamer. 

How old are you?

Hi,

I am from The Czech Republic, Šumperk,  GMT +1 (winter), GMT +2 (summer),

my nick is from French comic series Asterix and Obelix, as of now I am 24 year old and I am helping 0AD i translations, documentation and other stuff. (btw I follow this project since 2. pre-alpha).

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

Hi,

I am from The Czech Republic, Šumperk,  GMT +1 (winter), GMT +2 (summer),

my nick is from French comic series Asterix and Obelix, as of now I am 24 year old and I am helping 0AD i translations, documentation and other stuff. (btw I follow this project since 2. pre-alpha).

Yes i saw those when was young.

But I remember mostly the live action.

Spoiler

• feneur pinned this topic

Hello, I''m from Bulgaria, my nickname means lizard and it's spelled in english alphabet instead of the cyrillic. My real name is Simeon, which is the same as Simon (both are from the same hebrew Shimon- "to be heard or the act of hearing"). I love classic RTS, and of course 0 A.D.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I'm from Germany but living also in Cyprus. My nickname is the name of a swedish chancellor of the time of the 30years war in Germany. I love this forum

and all the people from around the world, every age (I'm 55), meeting here and changing their expertise and loving this fantastic game. It's made for generations...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

The 1950 in my forum name is my birth year:brow: so I'm a bit older than both of you.Living the retired life here in Ottawa,Canada been involved in several Foss projects for about 12 years now.

Enjoy the Choice :)

One year younger than my aunt (is like my mothers).

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 1:51 AM, vikrantpv said:

Hello all,

I am Vikrant; currently in Bangalore, India (GMT + 5:30). My nickname is my first name and rest of it abbreviated.

I have been playing AoE for past 16 years (almost half of my life) - completed all official campaigns in AoE 1, 2 & 3 including the expansions. Believe it or not - I, my wife and my dad often play each other over LAN. I have created some campaigns myself - particularly one about Mauryan empire. So I was pleasently surprised to find that as one of the civilizations in 0 AD.

I studied Sanskrit for 3 years way back in school. But I have kept in touch and will be happy to contribute through it or historical research which is another thing I love to do.

I installed 0 AD yesterday and this is my first post here.

We need translators, keep ancient Sanskrit script for voices and correct pronunciation and voices for the units.

Hello everyone, I'm Chris and I'm from the USA. I would just like to say that It has been a real pleasure getting to know and play 0ad with people who enjoy this game as much as I do. Palaiologos - double headed eagle emblem, always fascinated by its symbolism during the middle ages.

• Like 3