• Javan banteng (Bos javanicus javanicus): Java and Bali
      • Borneo banteng (Bos javanicus lowi): Borneo
      • Burma banteng (Bos javanicus birmanicus): Southeast Asia
    • kouprey (Bos sauveli): Southeast Asia
  • second cousins:
  • third cousins:
    • nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus): India
    • chousingha (Tetracerus quadricornis): India

As you may have notice I highly appreciate biodiversity. Ideally they would all be created and included in A24 :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nescio said:

By the way, it would be nice if you could also create their wild counterpart, the aurochs (Bos taurus primigenius), which is now extinct (since the 17th C AD), but was still quite common in Europe in our timeframe; its numbers decreased in Late Antiquity due to habitat loss and demand for Roman games (the Romans introduced bull-fighting to France and Spain).

it's  planned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nescio said:

The calf actor is as large as the adult cow, perhaps you could have a look at it? Other than that, great, hopefully it'll be included in A24!

The will be included, once the icons are in, the specific names are used, and the calf is fixed, along with some other little things, and maybe some template optimization, I believe they all duplicate stuff. Then I will give my greenlight :)

• Like 1

With textures you mean how the animal skin looks? The aurochs is the ancestor of the European, sanga, and zebu cattle and had far more genetic diversity than its siblings, therefore the more different skin colours, the better. Spots and patches are often a sign of domestication, though, therefore probably inappropiate for the aurochs (I could be wrong, of course, I'm not an expert at all).

• Like 1

Although I am not an artist, I do believe I've a decent understanding of the simulation/templates/ files. I think there ought to be twelve cattle templates, each with their own actor: gaia/fauna_cattle_*

• aurochs.xml, aurochs_bull.xml, aurochs_infant.xml
  • eurasian.xml, eurasian_bull.xml, eurasian_infant.xml
  • senga.xml, senga_bull.xml, senga_infant.xml
  • zebu.xml, zebu_bull.xml, zebu_infant.xml

Perhaps create a single parent (template_unit_fauna_herdable_domestic_cattle.xml) to avoid unnecessary duplication. See elephant for comparison.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb anything preventing you to commit the new cattle ? Also have you seen this → 

Probably the possibility of a future sculpting like the horse but will save it for later, will be commiting it for A24 after the legs observation made by @wowgetoffyourcellphone in the animations is fixed wich was also take in consideration in the horse update animations (Will do the same for future 4 leggeds animals)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb anything preventing you to commit the new cattle ?

On 3/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, Alexandermb said:

Probably the possibility of a future sculpting like the horse but will save it for later, will be commiting it for A24 after the legs observation made by @wowgetoffyourcellphone in the animations is fixed wich was also take in consideration in the horse update animations (Will do the same for future 4 leggeds animals)

Any updates on this? I'm looking forward to having cattle :)

• Like 1

Hello! Im fine, just having trouble with electric power we only have acces 1 hour per day barely 1:30h and spent from saturday struggling with the decease of my grandfather wich became a nightmare whitout power, not even 1 funeral service wanted to work because lack of water and electric power but everything is done now. And now the internet is worst than before. May took a few days or weeks hopefully to have a stable internet again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

@Alexandermb i wish your all good things on this world and i hope your country will get back his normally situation without limitations. Pls keep your works for this amazing game and community, look forward and have nice time with our family. i am sad about the situatuon in your county and your grandfather :(

Edited by Hidan
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Nescio said:

Thank you for the European, senga, and zebu cattle. Their calves (infant) and the aurochs are not yet finished, I suppose?

Not yet the auroch, the model lacks the vertex amount required to have a proper movement of the bodie with the armature.

Im planning a sculpting process for the cattle family to have proper breeds, fauna and higher amount of textures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

Not yet the auroch, the model lacks the vertex amount required to have a proper movement of the bodie with the armature.

Im planning a sculpting process for the cattle family to have proper breeds, fauna and higher amount of textures.

Sounds great, thanks again, and take your time, there is no rush!

• Like 1