A Wrong Symbol

Carthageemblem.pngCurrently, this represents Carthage in 0 A.D. The deity depicted on the symbol is Tanit, a Carthaginian goddess. Although a god such as Melqart would perhaps be a more appropriate thing, there is not anything terribly wrong about Tanit for Carthage. The real problem comes with the Sacred Band. Maybe I am completely off here, but shouldn't a group of warriors dedicated to Baal have him on their shields as opposed to Tanit? Please forgive me if I am out of line with this; clarification on this would be appreciated.

• Like 1

The problem many source about some información related with Baal... Many of the se tryign to have religius or racist point of view.

JhZ0128.png

MPPe6N6.png

http://aryannations88.blogspot.com/2011/01/judaism-is-baal-worship.html

But is not single one to show this symbol.

---------if Greek gets a great influence over Canaanites and Phoenicians and then over Carthaginians.------

The Greeks reimagined the Phoenician god Melqart as Melikertês (Melicertes) and made him the son of Athamas and Ino. He drowned but was transfigured as the marine deity Palaemon, while his mother became Leucothea. (cf Ino.) At Corinth, he was so closely connected with the cult of Poseidon that the Isthmian Games, originally instituted in Poseidon's honor, came to be looked upon as the funeral games of Melicertes.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1