new Ai bot: Petra

Have a look at this wiki page http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths follow the instructions for your OS.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Thanks loki. Btw in the Mac OS instructions on that page the \ should be removed.

While for some reason I couldn't find a commands.txt I did find the save file and the logs folder. Maybe this will help? ^^'

savedad.zip

3FFA: Open a folder window, press "Alt+g", type in "~/Bibliothèque/Application Support/0ad/logs/sim_log", should be there.

yeah that whole file is included in the zipped folder. I believe that #491 is the one that includes that game's log(I played with alliance towards the end of the game during the attack to see whether it would have any effect)

Edited by 3FFA

I was playing on Treasure Islands with Petra vs Petra.

The AI was great for some time, until the other bot attacked with some triremes and some troops.

My side (blue) killed all the attacking units, but then they just started idling.

BUG?

Even with its bugs, Petra is awesome! :rockon:

Edited by anotherone

Yes, this happens sometimes after an attack where most of its workers have been killed. Petra does not know how to prioritize its previous plans and its new need to rebuild the economy. I'm working on it, But to find a solution which would work in most situations, I need different examples of such failures.

If you are on a recent svn and have the commands.txt, it would be usefull to put it here (with the version of svn you use).

Yes, this happens sometimes after an attack where most of its workers have been killed. Petra does not know how to prioritize its previous plans and its new need to rebuild the economy. I'm working on it, But to find a solution which would work in most situations, I need different examples of such failures.

Petra still had over 100 workers after the attack.

If you are on a recent svn and have the commands.txt, it would be usefull to put it here (with the version of svn you use).

I killed the game with a CTRL-C, so there is no commands.txt :search:

The first lines of commands .txt should help you find the right one (map used, civs, ...). But anyway, if you are not sure, just wait for the next game where something similar happen and then upload your commands.txt

Futhermore, I've fixed a bug in svn yesterday which could lead to such a stuck AI http://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/15465

so may-be the problem you reported is already fixed :-)

• Like 1

I noticed that it is fairly easy to break Petra's economy down. Demolish a house and the AI repeatingly sends females to rebuild it and these are easy to kill which leads to slowing down the AI's eco.(tested using Alpha 16).

Also when they are hit by a projectile they run away but almost instantly turn to continue building.

commands.txt

Edited by niektb
  • Like 2

you can also abuse this for an easy win. In the past I've won via choosing Britons and a relatively small map and just rushing Petra's economy, easily destroying it without needing to lose a single unit(although I often do lose one because of my own carelessness). Then it's just a matter of training enough melee units to finish the CC.

Edited by 3FFA

I noticed that it is fairly easy to break Petra's economy down. Demolish a house and the AI repeatingly sends females to rebuild it and these are easy to kill which leads to slowing down the AI's eco.(tested using Alpha 16).

Also when they are hit by a projectile they run away but almost instantly turn to continue building.

Yes, I agree this is a really weak point of the AI. I'll do something about it in a next commit.

you can also abuse this for an easy win. In the past I've won via choosing Britons and a relatively small map and just rushing Petra's economy, easily destroying it without needing to lose a single unit(although I often do lose one because of my own carelessness). Then it's just a matter of training enough melee units to finish the CC.

Are you still on A16 ? this should no more be the case on svn since quite some time. But I'd still be interested if you could test your rush there.

Are you still on A16 ? this should no more be the case on svn since quite some time. But I'd still be interested if you could test your rush there.

I don't have the latest non-official release version, no. Would you mind providing a download link to the latest version as of this post? I don't know where to download it from.

Edited by 3FFA

Is the GIT up to date? SVN on linux is well.. it's a pain. i would much like to try out the newest subversion, but going through that whole svn process to get the latest and greatest (in this case, AI) of things.

well.. :swoon:

svn up
is a pain? (Compared to cloning the full history which is huge?) The git clones on GitHub/Gitorious are updated regularly (either by me or k776), but if it is missing some recent commits you should probably ping me on IRC. (There's also git.wfg, but which is updated automatically, but might change in incompatible ways in the future)

• 3 weeks later...

Link to commands.txt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ijp-kf8RV0aTZOMDBOSDg3MWM/edit?usp=sharing

I was playing against two petra bots and they stopped fighting after I destroyed their expansion.

This happened two weeks ago. I was playing using the unstable build:

http://play0ad.com/download/linux/#Ubuntu

Edited by DanCar