Council of Modders: We are recruiting!

niektb

• 1 month later...

Hi, I wish to join you guys as a scenario designer and part-time researcher.

I've posted some of my works at my ModDB page http://www.moddb.com/members/wackyserious/images

I have a background in map and scenario design, I've designed maps using the map editors in the Stronghold Series which also has map triggers. I am also familiar with Atlas and attempted to do some maps using it. I like to read topics about world history and played a couple of historical video games and mods (Stronghold series, Total War series and mods, Chariots of War / Spartan: Gates of Troy, Praetorians, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Sudden Strike Series, Historical Mount&Blade: Warband mods and Historical Warcraft III custom maps) I mainly play RTS games. The Rise of the East mod brought me here, I am currently captivated by Chinese history specially the Late Han - Three Kingdoms period after watching the Chinese War Epic Red Cliff. Watching the TV series Vikings also brought me closer to Norse, Anglo-Saxon and Frankish history which your projects are also dealing with.

• Like 3

Hey Welcome to the mod section glad to hear newcomers. I guess you can do pretty much what you want for maps :) Just have to remember that if you use assets froms mods the player will have to have it enabled in order for it to work. Also I made an eyecandy mod on 0admods it's nice for scenarios too.

If you have any questions or need something really specific for your map feel free to ask and I might find some time to make the asset for you :)

• Like 3

Is there a "To-do list" page or something where I can find areas in which I can help? I am familiar with digital painting and I think I can also help in texturing (soon) given that someone will teach me or send me a tutorial on how to work them and applying them to 3D models. I have Blender and GIMP installed at my computer, I tried to do 3D modelling last year via tutorials but I gave up :sadwalk:

Also, how do I make use of triggers in Atlas? I also hope that more Chinese flora props/units will be introduced in the next version of RotE, the Bamboo tree was missing in the props list, I need bamboo tree props for the Han maps. :lol2:

Lastly, is collision between props and actors planned in the future for 0AD?

• Like 1

Is there a "To-do list" page or something where I can find areas in which I can help? I am familiar with digital painting and I think I can also help in texturing (soon) given that someone will teach me or send me a tutorial on how to work them and applying them to 3D models. I have Blender and GIMP installed at my computer, I tried to do 3D modelling last year via tutorials but I gave up :sadwalk:

The thing is mostly what do you want to do. If you want to draw sketches you could do stuff for the MilleniumAD Mod.

If you want to make scenarios you can work on the three mods cause we don't have yet good scenarios for mods.

What do you need for texturing ? Applying them to 3D models is not that hard here is a tutorial I made not so long ago

If you want to model I can help you depending on what you need. There are a lot stuff to do for mods =)

Also, how do I make use of triggers in Atlas? I also hope that more Chinese flora props/units will be introduced in the next version of RotE, the Bamboo tree was missing in the props list, I need bamboo tree props for the Han maps. :lol2:

Bamboos are present.

post-12287-0-71619500-1434722339_thumb.p

Lastly, is collision between props and actors planned in the future for 0AD?

Unless you want to add it, I never seen it planned anywhere.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I am intrested in testing your new mellenium mod. I am not very good with designing a mod, but I a pretty good at seeing issues with a game and it's layout. I also have a brother who tests games for a living. I think it would be quite fun to play this mod and look for bugs.

Thanks,

MiniFazz

Hello miniFazz :hi:

Thanks for you interest! In order to test the Millennium A.D. mod (which we really appreciate you want to do :yes3: ) you need 2 things:

1. The developer version of 0 A.D.

2. The mod sources of Millennium A.D.

1. for the Developer version (also called SVN version) things are explained here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Windows

Acquiring the code

The game's code, data and build environment are stored on a Subversion server. The recommended way to get an up-to-date copy is with TortoiseSVN:

The ​TortoiseSVN manual has information on ​checking out, as well as ​updating and ​creating patches.

(This is the read-only public SVN URL. If you have commit access, you need to use http://svn.wildfiregames.com/svn/ps/trunk/ instead.)

2. Millennium A.D. uses github: https://github.com/0ADMods/millenniumad

You can download the mod as zip but also clone it with a desktop client (https://desktop.github.com/). I would prefer that you would clone it (as it gives you the opportunity to stay easily up-to-date with the latest changes) but it might be a little difficult if you're not so technical.

Once again, thanks for your interest!

• 3 years later...
On 4/16/2014 at 4:07 PM, Stan` said:

Well let me introduce what I do.. I'm an average modeler, and a poor texturer. I also know a bit of C, C#, lua, and Website JS.

You wanted to know if you should have a programmer sign or a mapper sign. Well I guess programmer is more appropriate since you will code when mapping :)

Stan origins, lol.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Hi guys. I first wanted to offer my experience to help with historical matters, especially with regard to Hellenic history. I have 3 years of experience studying Hellenology and Byzantinism and have attended the Hellenic Studies Symposium 2018, I am also responsible for "Greco-Roman Relations in Classical Antiquity" at Wikipedia having made many contributions to "Byzantine tactics", "Hellenization in the Byzantine Empire", "Byzantine Army", "Byzantine War Manuals" and many other articles regarding Medieval Hellenic history. I would be more than happy to help in any way.

I have experience in helping and giving historical guidance for the Total War Attila mod "1204" both in aspects of military design (decorations, patterns, armor, tactics, formations, ect) and to explain the mechanisms of the Byzantine state. (I also have extensive knowledge of Byzantine art and architecture). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andronikos Medina said:

Hi guys. I first wanted to offer my experience to help with historical matters, especially with regard to Hellenic history. I have 3 years of experience studying Hellenology and Byzantinism and have attended the Hellenic Studies Symposium 2018, I am also responsible for "Greco-Roman Relations in Classical Antiquity" at Wikipedia having made many contributions to "Byzantine tactics", "Hellenization in the Byzantine Empire", "Byzantine Army", "Byzantine War Manuals" and many other articles regarding Medieval Hellenic history. I would be more than happy to help in any way.

I have experience in helping and giving historical guidance for the Total War Attila mod "1204" both in aspects of military design (decorations, patterns, armor, tactics, formations, ect) and to explain the mechanisms of the Byzantine state. (I also have extensive knowledge of Byzantine art and architecture). 

Hey there welcome! Feel free to to give your input :) 

1 hour ago, Andronikos Medina said:

Well I was hoping to give some advice about the Byzantine military equipment and the architecture that the mod employs. But first, if it were possible I would like to know in what years approximately the mod takes place.

It is divided into 2 parts, the first is Dark Ages and the second after the crusades.

8 hours ago, Andronikos Medina said:

Well I was hoping to give some advice about the Byzantine military equipment and the architecture that the mod employs. But first, if it were possible I would like to know in what years approximately the mod takes place.

Hey, welcome! :)

This is a very interesting background! And Byzantine history is so often neglected I feel.

I'm also kinda "new" in the forum, but I'd suggest you to take the initiative and go to the page dedicated to Byzantium and leave there your knowledge and resources. Or maybe open your own thread if you have in mind something specific.

I also started a thread of proposals for that same mod and I would be interested to add more characteristics to that civilization from a historical perspective :)

As they said the timeframe for now covers roughly the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the Dark Age but feel free to give your inputs and specify dates and historical periods, so it's possible for everyone to have a clear distinction of the timeframes ;)

Edited by Radiotraining
  • Like 1

On 28/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

We continue recruiting, so you can be part of our great family of artists and devs.

I'm familiar with Sketchup modelling (architecture; I did many models back in the high school) and I'm also a junior programmer (2 years of experience with functional programming, mostly python libraries). I have worked on some computer vision and data science projects for my scientific career (however I'm still not sure about how this could be any useful in a video game).

I would be glad to apply and make a contribution. ^^

13 minutes ago, Dasaavawar said:

I'm familiar with Sketchup modelling (architecture; I did many models back in the high school) and I'm also a junior programmer (2 years of experience with functional programming, mostly python libraries). I have worked on some computer vision and data science projects for my scientific career (however I'm still not sure about how this could be any useful in a video game).

I would be glad to apply and make a contribution. ^^

ideas are as important as the models themselves, if you have concepts, they will be useful to us.

Stan, myself and others founded the CoM so that we could make the 0 A.D project more than just ideas, we train all our enthusiasts to do 2 things, either learn art or learn to moddify.

From our mods came out artists for the game, Alexandermb started his work in Millennium AD.

we all started as modders. very few exceptions skip that step.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/04/2014 at 4:12 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

After Aristeia may can be good Add more other cultures may be from other córners of the World.

The new World, Australia and oceanian cultures. Or all wants American Natives http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/uploads//emoticons/default_smile.png are very cool.

In Aristeia we recopilate others works based in a single civilizations and merge whole in a same project.

That why I'm interested inn kimball and mesoamericans projects even in mythological bring lots of players.

Please make Sassanid Empire as well as its great rival byzantine. Plzzzzzzzz I beg I plead with you to have Sassanid Empire it's a great Empire and civilization

I think The competition between Sassanid vs Byzantine vs Arabs(Rashidun or Umayyads) are really more important than other competitions I seriously need it I will be grateful to you if you make The Great Sassanid Empire

It's a popular civilization and you have many iranian(persian) fans here so it would be great to have their medieval civilization and empire. It's a win win situation pls ♡

• 7 months later...
On 20/06/2023 at 7:42 AM, Mirza Shakiba said:

Please make Sassanid Empire as well as its great rival byzantine. Plzzzzzzzz I beg I plead with you to have Sassanid Empire it's a great Empire and civilization

I think The competition between Sassanid vs Byzantine vs Arabs(Rashidun or Umayyads) are really more important than other competitions I seriously need it I will be grateful to you if you make The Great Sassanid Empire

It's a popular civilization and you have many iranian(persian) fans here so it would be great to have their medieval civilization and empire. It's a win win situation pls ♡

It would have to be Late Sassanids.