Council of Modders: We are recruiting!

niektb

Yes, everyone is meant to get one. And being an apprentice, you are still a councilor.

That is right. However, that thread is art specific, dealing with those subsets. Should you opt for a different field and a sig, just submit what you'd like to take on, and Stan will take care of the rest, and issue your signatures.

And where's mine? *crying hysterically* :wink2:

Has Lion finished them yet?

That was the fight I prefere you explore in internet signatures show concept and other graphic proses. I can assimilate them and create a artistic style for us.

But I disagree with some points, why marble if we can don futuristic mods?

Why marmot if we have a exotic lands, not Hellenistic or Romans in there?

In ther Romuluos desing he show some, like pop art style.

Posted · Hidden by feneur, April 20, 2014 - Unnecessary attacks, and explanations
Hidden by feneur, April 20, 2014 - Unnecessary attacks, and explanations

Has Lion finished them yet?

Guess what? We already have signatures. Yours! :)

In ther Romuluos desing he show some, like pop art style.

Yes, oh hell yes!

This time I will put Brittany Spears in it WooHoo. With some whip cream?

She can be our new warrior pop queen :)

Hi everyone, I've come from shieldwolf's thread at the Age of Kings heaven. I'll copypaste what I wrote there:

This is an awesome opportunity, but unfortunately my coding is limited to python and my time is similarly short. I'd love to help out with testing, balancing and research. I have a strong interest in all history from the late-classical era onward.
  • Like 1

Nice to see you, Popey. ^^

For those that don't know, Popeychops and I both used to do a lot of AoK stuff together. We created Silent Evil, which won the 2009 GOTY at AoKH, and me and him both worked on Seas of Egressa. He's a good community member, a talented designer and a great friend.

Great so many enthusiasts around. This is what counts most to me. Feel free to ask questions.

If you wish to mod (both art and functional addons):

• Checkout the 0AD code. I try to give an overview here. Feel free to ask questions there.
More programming-related:
  • EITHER

browse the JavaScript code in the via Git or SVN downloaded 0AD code. (feel free to have 0AD running simultaneously while you do this as your Gui/functional/XML changes will show up without a restart of 0AD even!)

Note: For art this may be different. Artwork (3D model data) is cached. Seek for the cache-folder and delete it if in doubt (a cache folder is always safe to delete.).

• OR

browse the C++ (pyrogenesis game engine or Atlas) codebase.

This is a bit difficult and is to be avoided. If you have to add severe new features in the C++ this always means a lot of hassle. also it has to be maintained by yourself until it's adapted by the main 0AD dev-team if ever.

Almost everything is possible with JavaScript only already. Though you might often have to extend the XML formats to store your props. (me currently have no time to do so as I'm in trouble with the C++ side currently).

Once I have time I will help further with artwork to all mods.

Also I wish to note that my HybridAI is not tied to exclusively the ROME mod as this might not be obvious. My main goal for it is to allow the Hybrid AI as a separate functionality mod (addition) that allows to switch to the First view perspective and giving Units more autonomy (e.g. introduction of experience and knowledge to have e.g. commanders that learn by time). (it involves the JavaScript side only.)

Edited by Hephaestion
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Council of Modders,

I’m Riamesesa and I’ve been playing 0.A.D for almost or year or so. Also a big historical RTS fan and been playing ‘em since the days of good ol’ AOE 1.

Anways, I actually wanted to help you out with the Mods, but unfortunately I don’t have any programing skills nor do I know how to model in 3d or anything like that. Sorry. :unknw:

(I can draw, though xD)

However, if you’re still looking for a researcher, I’m your man B)(I happen to study history at my university).

I’m familiar with History of all kind, be it Ancient Egypt, Middle Ages ect.

Besides that, I speak German, Polish, English, Japanese and somewhat Ancient Egyptian, in case if you need a translator.

I'd be happy to be part of your team.

Cheers

Riamesesa

• Like 1

Your very welcome in our Council. Feel free to ask Zophim or Rodmar for coordination, but usually we work quite freely as everyone feels like.

You can also involve in discussions with Flavius Aetius or any other historians on this forum. Sometimes it's really hard to tell what is historically accurate and what not. But we must not be 100% perfect, so don't be worried and take arguments too seriously. Science finally lives from discussions and I'm pretty sure I don't tell you sth. new here. :D

Thx for you offer and a warm welcome. (we still work on a database for our researchers, also our work ranges from 1500B.C. until tomorrow. Choose what you like and don't hesitate to state your opinion or ideas.)

Greetings,

Jan aka Hephaestion

Thanks Hephaestion

I'm sure to make myself useful here ;) but I think I'll help out with the Egyptians first. (Since they're my fav. ancient civilization)

Oh and sorry for my late reply, but I've been extremly busy this week -_-'

Next week, I'll be able to have enough time to help out with research and stuff.

• Like 1

Oh, I should have known it from your Avatar. ;)

As said, we don't kick our own people - not even if they're not online for a longer time. We're finally modders and striving to surrect a order or food chain or something similiar weird. When you find a time slot, then we're grateful, otherwise we know that there is a real world also begging its attention and we won't be angry on our councilors.

like that to adapt to RTS art.

Oh, is there a special type? I think we should not push it into a certain direction. I start disliking only squared buildings.

Each form is allowed, the rest will simply be obstruction (and even then I could define obstructions like I did for the Egyptian civ which should allow units to just walk in the middle of a building -- anyone tried to pass through the nice door of the Egyptian Civil Center? ;) not sure if it really worked, but I defined it as such to have the door traversable.)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

I have good news. A good friend of mine, collaborator of a few Empire Earth scenarios, and overall critic of my works will be soon joining us.

He is by profession a historian and a social commentator (the last one, because he has a very very good grasp of what is happening around the world nowadays). Our collaboration goes back years, and one of the best scenarios I made (by my choice) is The Challenge, and for those of you who have EE installed, here's the link:

http://ee.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2981&ci=46fbcb5f6eb79fa73c788b0e69d50e12YToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjQzOiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD10aGUgY2hhbGxlbmdlIjt9fQ==

He has started visiting the forums, but since he is quite busy with work and the academe, he can join officially (by his own reckoning) around October.

• Like 1