Multiplayer Problems

siriannn

How do I port forward UDP port 20595, I know it might take long to find out but I really want to know, because there are so many people online waiting for a game which includes me and rarely there is a game for people to join. If you want to help me ( I don't expect help that fast I will wait ) I use a mac and the router I use is a Apple, Airport Extreme. I use this website but I did not find 0A.D on the list ( might not even be on the list ) http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/ I clicked mine craft since it could be the same but I was not sure anyway please just could someone tell me how to do this!

Thanks but I still have a problem! I see on a guild that he/she has a application called airport admin Utility, but mine says airport utility how do i get the admin one? I don't except you guys to know but If you guys don't know it's fine, hopefully the developers will have something that could make everyone host! ( If you do find solutions please reply to me ) Also if you do open ports it can be dangerous, right? So I'm wondering if you can switch it on and off? ( Website which I follow: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/ I could not find 0A.D so I clicked mine craft: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/Minecraft_Server.htm (#Sanderd17 says just change the port)

• Like 1

Maybe that's the same (admin Utility and regular Utility)? I don't know this specific issue.

Forwarding ports is indeed opening a small gate to your computer, so it is a bit more dangerous. But I don't expect any problems. As long as no applications are listening on it, not a lot can happen (your computer won't process the messages it gets). And if an application (like 0 A.D. in this case) is listening on that port, hackers can only change 0 A.D. behaviour. Which means they still have to find a hole in our code to exploit that before they can access other parts of your computer.

As we have very few players (and even fewer players that forwarded the port), it's not worth for hackers to find an exploit in our app. Off course, when we know about an exploit, we will try to fix it as soon as possible, and when more players become active, we will need to have more people working on security. But I don't foresee problems in the next few years.

• Like 2

Maybe that's the same (admin Utility and regular Utility)? I don't know this specific issue.

Forwarding ports is indeed opening a small gate to your computer, so it is a bit more dangerous. But I don't expect any problems. As long as no applications are listening on it, not a lot can happen (your computer won't process the messages it gets). And if an application (like 0 A.D. in this case) is listening on that port, hackers can only change 0 A.D. behaviour. Which means they still have to find a hole in our code to exploit that before they can access other parts of your computer.

As we have very few players (and even fewer players that forwarded the port), it's not worth for hackers to find an exploit in our app. Off course, when we know about an exploit, we will try to fix it as soon as possible, and when more players become active, we will need to have more people working on security. But I don't foresee problems in the next few years.

It is not the same app but thank you it might because of the different mac versions?? I don't know as long as that in the future they will let anyone host a game I'm fine!!! Thanks a lot anyway

By the way check out my 0A.D idea in the 'General Discussions & Ideas' part of the forum I have a excellent idea!

Thanks a lot but in the end it's kind of complicated! So it's ok :D

Cheers