Building Idea : Mint

Stan`

Hi all here is a building that I'd like to see in the game since it is historically accurate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_%28coin%29

I was thinking that it could be a special building, for scenarios, or something for some of the factions to have which would either refine metal or, improve trade routes. I could also be an eyecandy building.

Here is an example of a building from my favourite game(after 0ad) Die Siedler V : Das Erbe der Könige (The Settlers 5 : Heritage of Kings)

Sbsa2y8.jpg

In that game every building refines extracted ore (wood, stone.. etc) except this one for it is not present as a playable building. There is also a ticket made about this game with animated buildings.

So what do you think about adding this kind of buildings to the game ?

Also here you can see how obstruction was calculated in this game.

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

In my hypothetical RTS game design, a 'Mint' was a buildable structure that gave a trickle of coinage income.

What happened to it ? :P this was how it was suppose to work in the orignal.

Yeah, just like the AOEIII's bank building (only available to the dutch civ)

Yup.

My idea for a "mint" is a building that could

a. gain a trickle of resources

b. be a building/structure for the diplomacy options

c. perhaps have some sort of "monetary" trading at a more standard rate than the market

Edited by thamlett

A tavern would be nice for them.

Tavern and other ancient comercial building. A mint is like a Bank. We need know were can found buildings in each civilizations thst works in same way. Tavern is in all cultures. But they don't loan money. Temples in some cultures. Civil buildings in others.

####we can add Cultural neutral eyecandy buildings like "machine workshop" ( siege workshop+ civil improvements with machines! like Archimides innovations machine and other scientist and mathematians

Archimedes of Syracuse (Greek: Ἀρχιμήδης; c. 287 BC c. 212 BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. Although few details of his life are known, he is regarded as one of the leading scientists in classical antiquity. Among his advances in physics are the foundations of hydrostatics, statics and an explanation of the principle of the lever. He is credited with designing innovative machines, including siege engines and the screw pump that bears his name. Modern experiments have tested claims that Archimedes designed machines capable of lifting attacking ships out of the water and setting ships on fire using an array of mirrors.

Archimedes is generally considered to be the greatest mathematician of antiquity and one of the greatest of all time.He used the method of exhaustion to calculate the area under the arc of a parabola with the summation of an infinite series, and gave a remarkably accurate approximation of pi.

He also defined the spiral bearing his name, formulae for the volumes of solids of revolution, and an ingenious system for expressing very large numbers.

Archimedes died during the Siege of Syracuse when he was killed by a Roman soldier despite orders that he should not be harmed. Cicero describes visiting the tomb of Archimedes, which was surmounted by a sphere inscribed within a cylinder. Archimedes had proven that the sphere has two thirds of the volume and surface area of the cylinder (including the bases of the latter), and regarded this as the greatest of his mathematical achievements.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I'm very hungry for bring exotic units to the game. And to the word. You know that bring the players.the players wants see new units.

70% de evidence of existence.

Archimedes is a legend creates many war machines.

Ok. Back to the topic. Temples taxation can be great.

Ptolemaic temples and eastern temples like Jerusalem temples was a sites were you can do many types of commercial exchanges.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I think a mint could function for gold like the lumber mill did for lumber in Warcraft II: the mint would be a gold drop off point, and having it also increases the amount of gold obtained per gold gathered (so for instance, every 100 gold gathered would yield 125 gold to the player if they have a mint), simulating greater efficiency in processing the gold.

• Like 1

Ok here are other Starcraft idea:

Why don't get bulding addons to increases the efficiency of dropsites.

Mint can be metal addon of Wharehouse

A addon is building attached to other and it's only building if the first is already and is only avaible from the panel of selected bulding.

One per building.

That do the Terran in SC to acces to advanced or specifict upgrades.

That would require some coding stuff, Maybe keeping them separated, but allowing player to research technologies only when there is a mint nearby would be great.

For Instance Technology : Coinage should be grayed in the warehouse until player builds a mint. Another one Technology : Tempered wood when a sawmill is built.

• 3 weeks later...

pnfRFc0.jpg

iKpjCm9.jpg

Wait... Forgot to post the last Updated versions X)

I was wondering if someone could find me references of our time line because I haven't be able to find a correct representation of what a lydian, roman, or whatever civilization mint may look like if historically Accurate.