Add new Civilization

Levan

I have a question is there a chance that a new civilization can be added to 0AD ??

If yes I would am really interesting if the community could add "Georgia" (Of course I would do my best to help adding this civilization king example)

Other then that I would love to thank the Developers and the community (you are awesome)

This is 0 A.D not BC. but you can always mod

The name 0 A.D. actually was chosen partly because it sits right in-between 500 B.C. and A.D. 500 (and in case anyone wonders, yes, we are aware that there wasn't actually a year 0), and in the first part it is indeed the B.C. period that will be covered, so in this regard you are wrong. You are right that it's probably best to add this civilization as a mod, it doesn't seem big enough (and from what I could tell from a quick read of that Wikipedia page it might not be all that easy to find enough accurate information for that matter).

• Like 2

The name 0 A.D. actually was chosen partly because it sits right in-between 500 B.C. and A.D. 500 (and in case anyone wonders, yes, we are aware that there wasn't actually a year 0), and in the first part it is indeed the B.C. period that will be covered, so in this regard you are wrong. You are right that it's probably best to add this civilization as a mod, it doesn't seem big enough (and from what I could tell from a quick read of that Wikipedia page it might not be all that easy to find enough accurate information for that matter).

Thank you very much for the reply

Yes I have read about this projects Time line :)

If I will be able to provide with rich information and have strong sources is there a possibility that a new civilization can be added to the main project ??

Thank you very much for the reply

Yes I have read about this projects Time line :)

If I will be able to provide with rich information and have strong sources is there a possibility that a new civilization can be added to the main project ??

Many users ask for add Han Dynasty from rise of east Mod. But that is the most close to add a new civ. Developers are not interesting add civilizations before the game is done. Is for balancing gameplay reasons and art department needs focus in other details. But the project is open in a year the things can be changes.
  • Like 2

Many users ask for add Han Dynasty from rise of east Mod. But that is the most close to add a new civ. Developers are not interesting add civilizations before the game is done. Is for balancing gameplay reasons and art department needs focus in other details. But the project is open in a year the things can be changes.

Fully understandable, Maybe one day I will translate Georgia's history to English

anyway thank you for help

We ought to make mods easier (have in-game download manager and stuff), and the mods where you only add a civ, and don't change anything to the gameplay code are very easy to make. So we hope there will be plenty of them.

But I don't think that this dynasty will ever make it to the main game.

• Like 2

We ought to make mods easier (have in-game download manager and stuff), and the mods where you only add a civ, and don't change anything to the gameplay code are very easy to make. So we hope there will be plenty of them.

But I don't think that this dynasty will ever make it to the main game.

Thank you for the information I will give it a try, by the way YAY linux works Great except Puls audio likes to act up

• 2 months later...

If I may make a Civilization suggestion, Thebes, famous for the Battle of Leuctra as well as being credited as the city state/league to put an end to Spartan dominance in Greece, as well as being the home of the very first "Sacred Band", whom were renound in Greece, and respected by Philip of Macedon for their bravery.

If I may make a Civilization suggestion, Thebes, famous for the Battle of Leuctra as well as being credited as the city state/league to put an end to Spartan dominance in Greece, as well as being the home of the very first "Sacred Band", whom were renound in Greece, and respected by Philip of Macedon for their bravery.

More Greeks, no thank you.

Actually is a non playable faction.

I see no problem with adding the Thebans. For that matter having Syracuse would be great addition also. The Hellenes were a diverse people and representing more of them would be not only easy for art assets. (The only necessary additions would be new civic centres along with a few units.) It isn't as if adding more of them would be a whole lot of work compared to other civilizations.

Edited by Thorfinn the Shallow Minded

The Thebans are a potential fourth Hellenic civilization, which I would personally love to see, since they are the other major Hellenic power, defeating Sparta in the Battle of Leuctra with the Oblique Order, and would be necessary in order to do Classical Greece justice in a campaign.