Reviewers transifex

Hello everyone,

Our translation (French in my case) approaching 100 %, I now check the consistency of terms. Many do not go (such as lobby, gather , civic center ...) as it received multiple translations (according to different translators). These 'problems' are a minority, but of having been reviewed, these translations are locked.

In order to equalize our translation, I would like to become a reviewer (being the main translator "French" from 9% to 89% , I think be "legitimate"), and I wonder who to this request: Gallaecio, sanderd17 and Leper are Gallaecio/0 AD project coordinator, but Gildaas is coordinator of the French translation ...

Can anyone tell me who to contact to become a reviewer ?

Incidentally, the translation ending locked by the review, can we (French translators, or other), open specific topics to discuss our translations (in our respective languages) the best terms to use? (transifex does not seem appropriate to create a discussion between members of a translation)

Thank and good evening.

Edited by Loki72

Either one of those you mention should be able to make you a reviewer :) I'd say we'd prefer if language teams handle this themselves as it's hard for us to stay on track with these things, especially since we don't know all languages and thus can't tell which people it's a good idea to promote to reviewer :) So yeah, ask Gildaas is probably my recommendation. You can use Transifex to discuss things, either on the language page ( https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0ad/language/fr/discussions/ ) or via the Translation tool you can discuss individual lines of text (though I think that discussion is shared between all languages). We could also create a translation forum here if there is a need for it, though if it works well enough I think Transifex should be better to keep it all in one place :)

ok, I'll send a request to Gildas.

I just found the French-Discussions section on transifex (though I passed regularly :shutup:), I'll start there (it will always be better than seeing 48 subjects back regularly on the front page of "Game Development & Technical Discussion" and harm this forum). For the "comments" of transifex (individual lines), they are effectively common to all languages ​​(I made the mistake at the beginning wanting to tell my co-translators some cases had little space before rewrite English so that everyone benefits).

Translators (including me first) and the development team seem motivated to multilingual 0ad to alpha 16, then I would do this best to have the most critical possible (the French community) at alpha 16 ... and be at the top for alpha 17 ;)

PS: I have not had time to contact Gildas, someone passed me reviewer :)

Edited by Loki72

Hello everyone,

Our translation (French in my case) approaching 100 %, I now check the consistency of terms. Many do not go (such as lobby, gather , civic center ...) as it received multiple translations (according to different translators). These 'problems' are a minority, but of having been reviewed, these translations are locked.

In order to equalize our translation, I would like to become a reviewer (being the main translator "French" from 9% to 89% , I think be "legitimate"), and I wonder who to this request: Gallaecio, sanderd17 and Leper are Gallaecio/0 AD project coordinator, but Gildaas is coordinator of the French translation ...

Normally, it's the work of the language coordinator to decide on those things. But I know you've added a lot of translations, and I haven't seen problems with your translations, so I just added you to the reviewers list. I also added wraitii to the coordinator list, as I think it's strange when there are no team members in the coordinator list, but there are team members who have that language as their native language.

Sanserd thank you, I would use it with love, promised ;)

Normal a member of the development team or coordinators. Besides, I do not know what I've read on the license of his translations, but from my point of view, what we do volunteer to be the property of 0ad (an issue that will happen more when it will be merged with the trunk ... so shortly :notworthy: ).

Edited by Loki72

A translation is seen as derived content. Derived from CC-BY-SA content, so your translation automatically comes under CC-BY-SA and can be used by us. Though I agree, we should probably make it a bit more clear.

It also means you stay the owner of the translation, we can't use it in a non CC-BY-SA-approved way without the approval of all translators.

Yeah, we probably should have tried and made that 100% obvious that the translations are released under the same license as all our other content, but yeah. I don't see how anyone would work on something without being ok with it being used, but we will definitely try and make it more clear before including it in the game.

"It also means you stay the owner of the translation, we can't use it in a non CC-BY-SA-approved way without the approval of all translators."

Like many, I had not appreciated that opportunistic sells CDs of 0ad on ebay, then the question of take ownership of our translations should perhaps be discussed.

I leave you to judge, but if you need a "declaration of donated property" (or whatever his name) called us where to go, and we (me and certainly all) will sign it heartily.

Edited by Loki72

Selling CD's of 0.A.D. on eBay is legal while following the licenses, as long as you also provide the source code, the license, let users share those CD's, and mention us as authors.

I see no reason to grant all rights of translations to WFG. I'm also still owner of the source code I contributed. So the project can't be closed down. Not owning the translations shouldn't limit the project in any way.

Yes, revision locks the string and prevents future modifications of the group "translators". If it would cause too much trouble, the online application provided "undo the revision" function. I don't think this is currently the case, and I was just 15 chains to be changed (this is done). Alternatively, for strings locked, translators can always "suggest" a modification and submit it to the vote, but I did not find how to identify those (strings) that are not used while being requested.

We will undoubtedly retouch this translation (eg class names) ... so if the translators wish, we could (on the revised 600 strings) unlock only "ingame" (little, much being "pregame", "summary" ...)

Edited by Loki72

I can't be bothered to review all the French translations so I'd be more than happy to leave it to voluntary translators. I know I've added a few (like 10 of 'em perhaps :P ), but that's about it. If there's some sort of specific issue that can't be decided without team input I'd be happy to help however.

• Like 1