Look for giagantic maps?

crazyewok

Did you try the biggest ones in game? Eire and Albion is pretty big (but contains no stuff like trees, to make it still renderable). And the PNG import demos are also pretty huge (but also without objects). They're all under the demo maps.

Most computers already go quite slow on those (even without additional objects), so that's why we don't make those (not yet at least).

Did you try the biggest ones in game? Eire and Albion is pretty big (but contains no stuff like trees, to make it still renderable). And the PNG import demos are also pretty huge (but also without objects). They're all under the demo maps.

Most computers already go quite slow on those (even without additional objects), so that's why we don't make those (not yet at least).

I’m playing around with the editor now. 750x750 seems to be a good minimum size for me :P

Hope you can get it optimised for massive maps as you could do some really interesting things with the game! Real interesting things.

I would love a epic RTS with the huge scale of Civ but in real time mod and the 0AD engine looks like its got some potential especially with a few mods.

Looks like you have a bit of demand for bigger maps already hehe.

Edited by crazyewok

Huge games (as in for 100 players or so) won't ever be possible due to the design (it needs to load the entire map into the memory before it can do something). And you should note, every time you double the length of the sides, you square the number of tiles (and typically, the number of objects too). So maps won't get much bigger as the current big maps, but they might become playable at best.

Huge games (as in for 100 players or so) won't ever be possible due to the design (it needs to load the entire map into the memory before it can do something). And you should note, every time you double the length of the sides, you square the number of tiles (and typically, the number of objects too). So maps won't get much bigger as the current big maps, but they might become playable at best.

Disapointing :(

Im not looking for 100 player maps. Just 4-8 players on a huge 750x750 + map 2000x2000 would be amazing. Number of players inst what Im intrested in but a RTS were I can spend weeks developing a real empire.

But if they wont get much bigger than the tiny little "giant" maps that come with the game? Well guess I will have to look elsewere :(

It's not the plan for the main game (like we have it now). But there are some loose plans for a "campaign" mode. Such campaigns would require much longer to play, and thus have bigger strategic maps (though they will look completely different).

But this isn't planned for part I. So it will take a while.

Meh.

Never a fan of "campaign" modes. May as well just play total war if I want to play turn based style.

Would rather the effort me made in making normal maps more stable at larger sizes.

Edited by crazyewok