Software manager and other Icons

I see today in sofware manager of Linux Mint, 0 A.D haven't a proper icon for the store. And that is not good because isnt good looking.

And i want to know how I can change this.

First I'll do is study the other icons, and evn other store (non linux example steam, apple store, windows etc) then i need know the resolution i do very proposed with strong desing argumen( color palette based in the color theory, uniform design with team main interface art etc)
XUgdEqm.png
PD: I paste screen shot soon.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Well on my ubuntu there is an icon for 0 A.D. in the Software Center.

if you wish i can add an Screenshot.

But can be nice have one cool icon, is most easy to find the game and many people can try only for a icon because you can differenciate from rest. Even the game have enogh rewievs. :( its not in a good rate but all rewiever talk the good the game is.

\build\resources in SVN should hold what's needed. I would guess that if you/someone could convince them to use 0ad.appdata.xml would be the best as that would mean that they would have the updated information etc if something changes (if anyone wants more info on it, this Trac ticket: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2202 has a couple of useful links).

\build\resources in SVN should hold what's needed. I would guess that if you/someone could convince them to use 0ad.appdata.xml would be the best as that would mean that they would have the updated information etc if something changes (if anyone wants more info on it, this Trac ticket: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2202 has a couple of useful links).

I will do the icons in case of doubt. It's good have a extra. But where I can find this guys to talk about this matter?

I will do the icons in case of doubt. It's good have a extra. But where I can find this guys to talk about this matter?

I would guess Linux Mint has got a web site where you could find information on how to contact the developers, and possibly who to contact for things like this.

• Like 1

I would guess Linux Mint has got a web site where you could find information on how to contact the developers, and possibly who to contact for things like this.

yeah I'm doing this right now, but I want to do a icon anyway XD. Now I'm posting in game related forum to expose better this matter in the forum of them.

yeah I'm doing this right now, but I want to do a icon anyway XD. Now I'm posting in game related forum to expose better this matter in the forum of them.

Sure, feel free to create one. Please don't use it anywhere unless you get official WFG approval though, especially not for e.g. a software center or similar :)

Sure, feel free to create one. Please don't use it anywhere unless you get official WFG approval though, especially not for e.g. a software center or similar :)

obviusly thst the reason I share all with you first.

Ok I share my request and our worrying about this. :) now wait the reply.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

I think t about hat color (yellow golden) but I say to myself hmmm, no this can be good for special version. And is good idea use only a section of logo. In photography is called crop. I was do before with Aristeia and FES. May be I can try change the crop of logo. But with color are fine.

My color selection...

Red: is a bold color that commands attention! Red gives the impression of seriousness and dignity, represents heat, fire and rage, it is known to escalate the body's metabolism. Red can also signify passion and love. Red promotes excitement and action. It is a bold color that signifies danger, which is why it's used on stop signs. Using too much red should be done with caution because of its domineering qualities. Red is the most powerful of colors.

Blue: The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.

Possible new icon color-Purple: The color of royalty, purple connotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic. However, because it is rare in nature, purple can appear artificial.