Artwork fro donation

stico

Thanks Prodigal. Right, most of artwork I have is about Bronze Age. If you are not happy with it or you not planning to create any other earlier civilization form previous era then I can propose city of Athens from Roman times (last two links). There is 30-40 low poly, textured buildings done in Blender.

Actually everything above is done in Blender. Ships and units are animated.

Edited by stico

Your skills look good, but I must agree with Prodigal Son that the style and/or time frame doesn't match 0 A.D.

The city of Athens could be useful for the campaing maps, but they aren't planned for the near future.

I suggest, if you want to share your buildings with everyone, you can upload them to a site like DevianArt under a free license (like the CC-BY-SA we use).

well done!! :)

Thanks for sharing. 0 A.D.'s timeframe is quite general as there are a lot of mods, so in total there are dozens of civilizations it appears. ;)

And the timeframe furthermore just is a question of possibly change some props, re-UV-unwrap and retexturing. Building onto your great models will finally be a lot less work as sometimes even textures can be reused. Thanks a million!!

Generally all props should be assignable to all factions (and I think this is already possible). Thus we should split our models as modular as possible and export each propable part (even clothing) as a .. well prop.

Hence each base model should supply as many null objects/empties as possible for as many (prop-)objects in the game as are feasible. This helps later for having for example one and only one slave tunica which fits all factions' units. Of course not all slaves looked the same, but for sail patterns or helmets this is still valid as it was common practice in ancient times to reuse captured enemy armour, clothes ... (from the base model we still see the orignal faction if we have to derive it lateron - not sure though if we can use that for determining the original tribe of a captured unit once it is freed by friendly troops - propably only works if on a map each faction only exists once).

Keep up the good work. (Can the animations be reused too??)

I have an eye on the ox wagons for using them as supply chain ... next month I will have time to set up a branch - hope we use git or mercurial, still not sure though. I could confuse it with another roseetta stone (blender) where we mainly moved to git recently..

Edited by Hephaestion

I'm not bound to git or anything. It all works similar .. I just like that you already have a git mirror so that we can fork easily and multiple times in constant time and memory. SVN is good too no doubt. Don't rush ...

Are the 3D models available, colleage? I have to find the devianart page. Btw, brilliant artists on this site. Hope they create real physical paintings too ...

Not sure if the source files of the models are in the SVN repo they should be IMO been doing that on a other project I'm involved in for years so that if there any changes in the rendering pipeline can be accommodated from them instead of the derivative ones that are imported into the engine.

Enjoy the Choice :)

well done!! :)

Thanks for sharing. 0 A.D.'s timeframe is quite general as there are a lot of mods, so in total there are dozens of civilizations it appears. ;)

And the timeframe furthermore just is a question of possibly change some props, re-UV-unwrap and retexturing. Building onto your great models will finally be a lot less work as sometimes even textures can be reused. Thanks a million!!

Generally all props should be assignable to all factions (and I think this is already possible). Thus we should split our models as modular as possible and export each propable part (even clothing) as a .. well prop.

Hence each base model should supply as many null objects/empties as possible for as many (prop-)objects in the game as are feasible. This helps later for having for example one and only one slave tunica which fits all factions' units. Of course not all slaves looked the same, but for sail patterns or helmets this is still valid as it was common practice in ancient times to reuse captured enemy armour, clothes ... (from the base model we still see the orignal faction if we have to derive it lateron - not sure though if we can use that for determining the original tribe of a captured unit once it is freed by friendly troops - propably only works if on a map each faction only exists once).

Keep up the good work. (Can the animations be reused too??)

I have an eye on the ox wagons for using them as supply chain ... next month I will have time to set up a branch - hope we use git or mercurial, still not sure though. I could confuse it with another roseetta stone (blender) where we mainly moved to git recently..

I am afraid I cannot spare any minute for playing or modding any game, just don't have time. I can only donate my work. City of Athens and naval units are UV textured in Blender you can red more here http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17019&page=6

I don't know how you do your animations for 0AD. I have seen that you use low poly units for a game inside my units were created for spirit animation. Spirit animation in general is build from rendered images but I think in 0AD you use real time animated characters.

I don't know how to answer your last lane of text, don't know what it is git?

All artwork you can download below. I hope whenever you decide to used all, part of it, whatever, you will send me an email with notification :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijxpg35rcnwph9j/Athens.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5wsgymtwn5et55/cities.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6qvjmsj7mp6sq2/units.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6je1ebmdykstdv/Bronze%20Age%20Ships.zip

Edited by stico

Of course we do, credit where credit is due how we call it on blendswap! "Portfolio is a freelancers most powerful weapon."

I am afraid I cannot spare any minute for playing or modding any game, just don't have time. I can only donate my work. City of Athens and naval units are UV textured in Blender you can red more here http://www.wildfireg...ic=17019&page=6

And this is already quite mighty and honourable. Thanks a million. Open source is the future, because it has the potential to change the world on a wider scale and not makes the world reinvents its gears over and over again ...

Don't know animations in 0 A.D. but it looks like realtime .. very interesting indeed. i see huge potential in this engine ... I hope I'm not dreaming ... ;)

Finally your models are ... awesome. Godness, thanks for sharing. I have to give back more too. Luckily another open hardware project has made good progress today sparking hope that this all comes to a good end. Wish I had such artistic skills like yours and those of devianart or blenderartists ...

admirable.

I don't know how to answer your last lane of text, don't know what it is git?

Ah, no problem dude, just a versioning system to keep track of changes you make. The colleagues form CGCookie blender created a video about how to rudmentarily keep track of your changes to 3D models (to be able to revert easily).

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2013/08/20/using-mercurial-version-control-with-blender-projects/

Of course we do, credit where credit is due how we call it on blendswap! "Portfolio is a freelancers most powerful weapon."

And this is already quite mighty and honourable. Thanks a million. Open source is the future, because it has the potential to change the world on a wider scale and not makes the world reinvents its gears over and over again ...

I think the same, open source is a future :)

About credits, well I didn't mean that. When I will see my name in credits I will feel honourable but what I meant to say is that someone could let me know whenever you decide to use my artwork... hey look, it's there, so I can see it myself and play it. :)

Edited by stico

You are the master!! :)

I like it. And I will tell you whenever we get around all those features we want to add and use your models too. Looking forward to. Open source is wearing oneself off too a bit as pressure of society is not negligible (somehow people try to convince you that you should not do it without getting money .. but that's the point in life, finally if you are falling from a cliff there also will be no money, either your buddies help you freely or you fall - freely too. ;) ).

[...] so that if there any changes in the rendering pipeline can be accommodated from them instead of the derivative ones that are imported into the engine.

Sounds important to me now. But what exactly did you mean.

Can you give some hints on what other project you're talking of? Another engine? As capable as pyrogenesis?

I have been senior administrator for the vegastrike project for several years now a space fight sim that supports several mods from the Wing Commander Universe to Star Trek some not that active ATM we are planning to add Ogre3D support to have walkable bases and ship interiors in the future one of the reasons I am fooling around with MakeHuman ATM so that I can have a character creation pipeline in waiting and some facility in using it.we can not use vanilla Ogre3D as it does not have the precision for astronomical distances but as a rendering back end it has several benefits including said walkability and CEGUI.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1