===[COMMITTED]=== Foundations Fix

Stan`

• 3 weeks later...

I'm done with this one.

post-12287-0-48367400-1393257087_thumb.p

Okay so to sum up a little bit for those who will come after. Things to be very careful with :

- Scale : When you export in 3dsmax, or in Blender make sure you keep the same scale. Otherwise, you won't see the props in game without looking really close to the ground.

- Pivots : When switching from 3dsmax to blender you may notice that the links are not in the middle, that's because the pivot point in max was not in 0,0,0.

- Links : All the dummies you use for props should be carefully children of the main object. In blender this is just drag and drop, and in max you will use the post-12287-0-54600000-1393257421.png buttons to link them. Select all except the parent with you mouse and draw a link to the parent. You will see as much links as dummies, drop the link when you are on the parent.

- Rotations : Be careful with rotations. In 3dsmax Z axis is height, while in the game it's Y.

- Exportations : Make sure when you export a prop that you are not exporting the whole mesh, that may sound stupid, but since the game does not support multimesh you will get an error. Also, center your prop. Otherwise you will also get the offset.

Theatron_Proped.7z

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made another one.

Others thing to be careful.

- Scale : This time for some reason max wasn't able to import in the right size, I need to investigate further. The line :

<unit meter="0.025400" name="centimeter"> is really suspicious. Don't know if I should set up max differently.

- Collada Versions : don't know if that change anything but I need to know what is different between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 and why

is there still no support for collada 1.5.0

- XML's versions : It appears that something changed in the syntax of the XML's file which broke the prop system and made me

loose hours.

Things that'd been nice

- Knowing how to make diffs : Wasn't complicated but was not clear either.

- Knowing how to make the actor editor a friend : Still more convenient to write to files by hand than to go through it.

- Having a DAE viewer bundled with the game to gain time.

- Also a list of props should be made : That may sound stupid but not having to export props that already exist in game would nice.

- About props : Can someone script props variation in the same model ? Like having 'a'-'e'-'f' variations and not whole 'a' or whole 'e' ?

- Being able to import in the game models with only props : If you import only a empty model it won't load.

Here is the 1X1 fix. It be nice that the last point could be added so that I could make the last delimitator (Model included in theatron) a prop too.

Found1Fix.7z

- Having a DAE viewer bundled with the game to gain time.

What would you specifically like from it that the Actor Viewer in Atlas doesn't give you? (I mean sure you need to make an actor file of it to see it there, but to just see the model itself you can use the modelling program, so what I don't see is what there is in-between that you think is missing. Could you please explain that a bit more?)

- Also a list of props should be made : That may sound stupid but not having to export props that already exist in game would nice.

As far as I know (though I certainly could be wrong about this) the only prop-point that exists by default is the root prop point. As for the props, why don't you just open Atlas, select the Object tab, select Actors, and enter "props" in the filter textbox? Making a list somewhere would just risk getting outdated, while doing it in Atlas should always give you all the props which exist at a given moment.

Just seeing the model size actually because I had a lot of problem with it. Sometimes was too big or to small while importing the same model. And also, you have an idea of what the model look like, because in 3dsmax for instance a lot of stuff improve the viewport display, and the render is directX

Oh that was me not seeing that when you write props you get all of them.

EDIT V2.

Found1Fix.7z

Edited by stanislas69