Mercenary camps and Neutral buildings.

Lion.Kanzen

Searching things a found some interesting definitions.

My concept is little different... But I love this concept.

http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(Age_of_Empires_III)

There are two types of Mercenaries:

• Outlaws
  • Mercenaries

•  

in 0AD we can call Rebels and Mercenaries

Rebels

Rebelds are like Mercenaries, but  they are improved versions of units, but unlike Mercenaries they are the improved version of a very basic units. They usually cost more Population but less metal compared to Mercenaries.

Examples: 

• Zealots (Judean Mercenary Fanatic)
  • Pirates (Cilician Swordman Mercenary)
  • Certorius army-men  (Iberian Romanized) probably swordman
  • Gladiator Rebel (Gladiator Units) from Spartacus and Servilian Wars. swordman and pikeman, even other types of units
  • Bandits (from everywhere) melee unit
  • Amazon (Rebel woman from Scythian clans) Archer may be over  horse or Infantry.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Necroposting... Or I should update and make a new one  what do you think?

How is it is one of my initiatives with which maps become much more attractive than what we currently have.

I propose to experiment with our most boring maps the mercenary camps.(borg suggested this as well).

Having said this in passing, we must first of all draw up a list of the most boring maps with no strategic value.

I still don't know what those might be.

One of the advantages of mercenary camps is being able to recruit exotic troops.

For the date Alpha 24 beginning of Alpha 25, The elephants, the archers along with Mercenaries who use swords, They are one of the units that cause the most imbalance and what is most desirable to recruit.

Then making a gamut of ideas go brainstorming It would start with the areas and cultures for the mercenary warriors.

For example:

Desert area or desert biome:

Egyptian camp, Kushite camp, Nomadic desert camp.

Mediterranean biome:

Mercenary Camp Mediterranean, Which may be composed of Cretan archers, Balearic slingers, mercenary hoplites, Italiaot mercenaries.

Temperate biome:

Celtic Mercenary Camp, Germanic Mercenary Camp and Mercenary camp of the steppes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Making Necromancy...

several of these ideas are already in DE mod.

This group I will add the sacred places.

The default majority of these will be altars.

A third will be the ruins, I would like the latter to have a double function.

Resource and cultural bonus, apart from being a game mode.

On 03/03/2021 at 4:31 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Necroposting... Or I should update and make a new one  what do you think?

How is it is one of my initiatives with which maps become much more attractive than what we currently have.

I propose to experiment with our most boring maps the mercenary camps.(borg suggested this as well).

Having said this in passing, we must first of all draw up a list of the most boring maps with no strategic value.

I still don't know what those might be.

One of the advantages of mercenary camps is being able to recruit exotic troops.

For the date Alpha 24 beginning of Alpha 25, The elephants, the archers along with Mercenaries who use swords, They are one of the units that cause the most imbalance and what is most desirable to recruit.

Then making a gamut of ideas go brainstorming It would start with the areas and cultures for the mercenary warriors.

For example:

Desert area or desert biome:

Egyptian camp, Kushite camp, Nomadic desert camp.

Mediterranean biome:

Mercenary Camp Mediterranean, Which may be composed of Cretan archers, Balearic slingers, mercenary hoplites, Italiaot mercenaries.

Temperate biome:

Celtic Mercenary Camp, Germanic Mercenary Camp and Mercenary camp of the steppes.

I have to make an art version of this topic.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Cilician Pirate Ships now in the game. :) 

ydFBQbF.png

Would be nice to have a new "Pirate" Dock model to capture.

g3r3vXW.png

I imagine those pirates like the people of Phoenicia but full of traf@#$%ers and bandits.

On 19/04/2022 at 6:36 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Making Necromancy...

several of these ideas are already in DE mod.

This group I will add the sacred places.

The default majority of these will be altars.

A third will be the ruins, I would like the latter to have a double function.

Resource and cultural bonus, apart from being a game mode.

Hmm I imagine them Greco oriental( middle east), very similar to Phoenicians, they look a bit alike.proxy-image.png.3a673a5c34f60e7c8cad4bda13533d9d.png

• 3 weeks later...

Once @WhiteTreePaladin (not sure if it was him) suggested if we could sell the female villagers to a neutral market.

It also occurs to me that if a lot of villagers are sold I'll create a small army of gaia slaves (enemy).

I think neutral markets should generate resources by controlling them.

They should definitely be different.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/02/2014 at 10:34 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

http://i.imgur.com/RYr9amG.jpg

My proposition here is explain one of my obsession to give it to this game. Is a feature knew as neutral buildings, I will use Warcraft 3 official info in order to explain this feature because they were the first that I saw implement this in a RTS, after them AOE 3 do it the same with tradepost.

################################################################################

Neutral buildings appear at strategic locations on every map in Warcraft III. They are designated on the minimap as tiny golden houses. These neutral buildings can be used by any race. Any unit that comes within close range of a neutral building can use it. When a unit enters the vicinity of the building, an arrow usually appears over its head, indicating that the unit can click on the neutral buildings to do business, such as hiring mercenaries or buying magic items(here can be technologies). Some buildings have automatic benefits, and require nothing more than the presence of a unit nearby. Here are a few neutral buildings that have been sighted in the lands of Azeroth. You can also use the Select User button on the neutral building and click on the unit you want to use to activate the building.

Neutral buildings are never actually owned by any one player. To use a neutral building, a player must move a unit within one cell (150 game units) of the neutral building. The building will then indicate that it is now active for the player and can be used.

Once a unit has activated a neutral building, the player can left click on the building and receive a new command card with a list of commands indicating what can be done at the building.

Units from opposing sides can use neutral buildings simultaneously.

All neutral buildings are invulnerable.

Neutral buildings' stock has a Cooldown indicator so you know how long you need to wait for an item/unit to be back in stock.

Use neutral buildings at night to avoid the Creeps defending them.

http://i.imgur.com/wGt39Qgl.jpg

############# ------ source: http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/buildings.shtml ----#############

We can have different Mercenaries from a biome region.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charax_Spasinu

Charax Spasinu was a trading post between the Roman and Parthian Empires.

The name Charax, probably from Greek Χάραξ,literally means "palisaded fort"

Charax remained the capital of the small state for 282 years, with the numismatic evidence suggesting it was a multi-ethnic Hellenised city with extensive trading links. The Romans under Trajan annexed the city in AD 116.

The original Greek town was enlarged by an Arabian chieftain, Spasines, and afterward named Spasines and Charax Spasinou after him.[14] It was a major trading center of late antiquity as evidenced by the hoards of Greek coins recovered during excavations there.

Charax was a rich port with ships arriving regularly from Gerrha, Egypt, India, and beyond. Trajan observed the ships bound for India during his visit while Strabo calls the city an emporium[16] and Pliny notes that the city was a centre of trade for rare perfumes[17] and was also a centre for pearl diving. It was also the beginning of the overland trade route from the Persian Gulf to Petra and Palmyra and also into the Parthian Empire.

Roman Empire: The Roman Empire could control such a large amount of land because of their efficient systems for spreading information, goods, and other supplies across large distances. Goods specifically were vital to fueling outposts in distant territories, like northern Africa and western Asia. Trading posts played a large part in managing these goods, where they were going, and when. Some goods exchanged at these trading posts and other parts of the Roman trade system were precious stones, fabrics, ivory, and wine. There is also evidence that they traded cattle at the Empúries trading post, established in the 6th century BCE, on the Iberian Peninsula

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_post

Mercenaries concept from AoE III.

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Mercenary_(Age_of_Empires_III)

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2023 at 9:29 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charax_Spasinu

Charax Spasinu was a trading post between the Roman and Parthian Empires.

The name Charax, probably from Greek Χάραξ,literally means "palisaded fort"

Charax remained the capital of the small state for 282 years, with the numismatic evidence suggesting it was a multi-ethnic Hellenised city with extensive trading links. The Romans under Trajan annexed the city in AD 116.

The original Greek town was enlarged by an Arabian chieftain, Spasines, and afterward named Spasines and Charax Spasinou after him.[14] It was a major trading center of late antiquity as evidenced by the hoards of Greek coins recovered during excavations there.

Charax was a rich port with ships arriving regularly from Gerrha, Egypt, India, and beyond. Trajan observed the ships bound for India during his visit while Strabo calls the city an emporium[16] and Pliny notes that the city was a centre of trade for rare perfumes[17] and was also a centre for pearl diving. It was also the beginning of the overland trade route from the Persian Gulf to Petra and Palmyra and also into the Parthian Empire.

Roman Empire: The Roman Empire could control such a large amount of land because of their efficient systems for spreading information, goods, and other supplies across large distances. Goods specifically were vital to fueling outposts in distant territories, like northern Africa and western Asia. Trading posts played a large part in managing these goods, where they were going, and when. Some goods exchanged at these trading posts and other parts of the Roman trade system were precious stones, fabrics, ivory, and wine. There is also evidence that they traded cattle at the Empúries trading post, established in the 6th century BCE, on the Iberian Peninsula

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_post

Mercenaries concept from AoE III.

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Mercenary_(Age_of_Empires_III)

.Fortified mercenary camp

Level II-III of the mercenary camp would be interesting to hire champion mercenary.

• 5 months later...