Hi, I'm very new to 0 A.D.

Jack

Hi, my name is Jack and I just played my first game of 0 A.D. I really love what I'm seeing! However, the game resulted in my being absolutely demolished in 24 minutes. (This may have something to do with me spending the first 5 mins. looking at how cute the little people are.) I was wondering if anyone wanted to give me some tips? Also, does anyone have an IP I can connect to for an online game?

• Like 1

The AI gathers resources and builds up very quickly, you can't waste any time. Just gather food and wood at first, that's what you need to advance to Town phase. If you do that and create troops as fast as you can, you can just survive the first attack wave - or you can buy more time by making 10 missile units first thing and rushing them across the map. Stay out of range of the enemy civic center, kill as many of their resource gatherers as you can.

Once you reach Town phase you can build defense towers, use those to strengthen your defense.

Edited by greenknight32

Hello Jack :)

I would say the same thing Prodigal Son did, it happened to me too (I'm like 4-5 days old on 0 A.D.).

The best thing you can do at the beginnning is to lower the AI level to get used to the game's mechanisms (I once played in medium difficulty, I've been crushed in less than 10 minutes)...