Civilization Proposal: Arabs/ Rashidun Caliphate/ Umayyads

Mega Mania

12 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Nice, keep it up man. Just one thing, they need to extend below the ground, otherwise you'll run into trouble on uneven terrain

ooooh right!! I always forget that part before exporting!

you have to vary the texture a bit. put some "paint and decorations"

This is a great feedback! You're so right!

There's some sort of disconnect from making the texture set in Photoshop and then apply it to the model.. I feel like there's always something missing that is difficult to anticipate before! I don't know if I'm still making something wrong, or if it's part of the normal struggle of making textures! ehehe still learning this part! ;)

Por sinal@Lopess UV mapping é ainda meu ponto fraco. Eu ainda arranjo as faças manualmente no editor, mas acho que não seja o método mais certo. As vezes eles aparece em todos os lugares e não são conectada entre eles. Talvez há alguns shortcuts pra juntar ou alinhar as islands? Ou algo automático e mais certo..? Sorry for the question

21 minutes ago, Radiotraining said:

Por sinal@Lopess UV mapping é ainda meu ponto fraco. Eu ainda arranjo as faças manualmente no editor, mas acho que não seja o método mais certo. As vezes eles aparece em todos os lugares e não são conectada entre eles. Talvez há alguns shortcuts pra juntar ou alinhar as islands? Ou algo automático e mais certo..? Sorry for the question

Talvez eu não tenha entendido totalmente a questão, lembre que o MAP AO é sempre o segundo map AO. O tutorial de map AO até o Blender 2.79. Outra coisa e sempre dar um Crtl + A para todos os parametros.

Se ficou alguma duvida posso fazer um pequeno video de como eu faço e mando pelo privado.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question to the experts in the forum:

I was having fun making a fortress for the arabs, adding some details like arcades and such. When I got satisfied by the model, I uploaded it into the game, but it creates this weird artifacts, cutting the arcs in a strange way and leaving a big void.

Now, it may be something about the way I created the arcs in the first place (still learning the best method..), but I've seen this happening more than once, so I'm wondering if it's also a game engine limit with some shapes, or what the cause could be..?

Anyway no problem, I can create the same structure again. But just curious to understand the reasons.

Schermata 2021-12-03 alle 13.42.31.png

Schermata 2021-12-03 alle 13.44.56.png

• 3 months later...