how open ports for 0AD multiplayer match?

newcivs

i have Wifi "router Nucom R5000 UNV2"

i want open the port for 0AD but i don't know how i can do it????

or the best is an ARP Poisoniong on my network and enable ports with Iptables???

how i can open Ports for 0AD on router, or in computer

I would see if iptables has the ports blocked, as we would have no idea of what is configured on your box. Once you are sure they are open on OS side, google a manuel for you router model, and learn if it's firmware has an integrated firewall and an option to rout and forward ports ;) Edited by Romulous

1. Open the web interface of the router by typing its IP address into the address bar of your webbrowser (I think it should be 192.168.1.1).
  2. Login (The default user should be admin and the default password 1234, but I hope you have changed that ;))
  3. Click on Advanced Setup, NAT, Virtual Servers
  4. Select "custom Server" and enter 20595 for External Port start, External port end, Internal port start and internal port end and select UDP as protocol
  5. As Server IP Address you need to enter your computer's IP address. That should be something like 192.168.1.x. On Windows open a CMD window and type ipconfig to get your IP address.
  6. Save
  • Like 1

Why do you experiment with ARP spoofing? The only legitimate reason I see for this is educational (figuring out how it works).

In this case you'd want to figure it out yourself or ask more specific questions.

explanation:

* my router is blocked "i try the default admin 1234 adn i don't get result, i call my ISP and i don't have response, therefore i need make it "this attack" tricks the computers, and my computer has router funcions and router has ISP funcions that expalins my strategy!

now with ARP enabled, how i can setup a multiplayer match??

"in computer i have Iptables"

• 7 months later...

I've problems with my router too (fritz!box7360). I logged in, configured advanced mode, internet --> permit Acces --> port forwarding, made a new port forwarding (from and to port 20595) + udp + to my computer and saved. But it's not working. It is what a fritz!box help video said. I'am using Fedora that might cause the problem.

Please help me to host!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

yes they are. There is no router involved, just a single LAN cable.

via ifconfig I assigned them the IPs 192.168.10.100 and 101, and tried joining the other one accordingly. As I said, I could ping the IP of the other device without any package loss.

This is "ip a":

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000 
   link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
   inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
      valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
   inet6 ::1/128 scope host  
2: enp2s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
   link/ether f4:4d:30:4c:e7:12 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
   inet 192.168.10.100/24 brd 192.168.10.255 scope global enp2s0
   inet6 fe80::f64d:30ff:fe4c:e712/64 scope link  
3: docker0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default  
   link/ether 02:42:d5:be:9a:2b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
   inet 172.17.0.1/16 brd 172.17.255.255 scope global docker0

I achieved static ips via these commands:

sudo ifconfig enp2s0 up
sudo ifconfig enp2s0 inet 192.168.10.100 netmask 255.255.255.0 ar

btw I use Linux Mint Cinnamon / KDE on the computers

Edited by Xerus

Yes I joined via the exact IP. I had already tried it with a router inbetween, that didn't make any difference, and shouldn't be at all advantageous. The weirdest thing is that I couldn't even get them together via the multiplayer lobby.

I am a developer myself so I am open to explore some debugging and maybe even contribute. I was searching for an alternative to AoE2 since it didn't work appropriately on Linux, found this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, not being able to play together obviously prevents the switch and popularization in our LAN parties.

Edited by Xerus

The logs don't really contain any information that indicates why a connection failed. Can you establish any connections between the computers at all? ICMP uses IP, so that's good. But can you get any UDP (or even TCP) connection at all? (The game uses UDP). I'd suspect  it's a network configuration, hardware or firewall issue. You could have at the actual packets sent and received using wireshark.

I've never seen two computers connected without a switch or router. Do you actually use an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable which seems to be needed for that?

Two clients on the same LAN joining through the lobby has often been reported to not be working. Dunno why

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, elexis said:

I've never seen two computers connected without a switch or router. Do you actually use an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable which seems to be needed for that?

I tested 0 A.D. host/join with my PC and laptop connected by a regular patch cable relying on automatic crossover and it worked fine.

• Like 2

Just in case,, try to see if the UDP port is not already used by something else (with netstat for instance).

2 hours ago, elexis said:

BTW, crossover cables work very well and the OP did configure it correctly (provided it is really connected to interface enp2s0).

Friendly,

• Like 1

Please read through to prevent questions I already answered clogging up the thread. On both PCs there is no firewall enabled, they have static ips assigned and can ping each other. The cable is obviously not an issue.
Unfortunately Stans guide is very basic and doesn't include any troubleshooting. All the things he explained are obvious to me since I'm familiar with LAN gaming.

I'll try the iptables command and some wiresharking.

How can I test if I get "any UDP (or even TCP) connection at all"?

43 minutes ago, Xerus said:

Please read through to prevent questions I already answered clogging up the thread. On both PCs there is no firewall enabled, they have static ips assigned and can ping each other. The cable is obviously not an issue.
Unfortunately Stans guide is very basic and doesn't include any troubleshooting. All the things he explained are obvious to me since I'm familiar with LAN gaming.

Did you test other LAN games/applications? Is it the first try to connect these 2 PCs?

1 hour ago, Xerus said:

With 'iptables -L' you should learn if if any filtering rule is active (if none, you should have nothing under the titles INPUT, FORWARD, OUTPUT, or even an error if iptables is not enabled).

Next you can try a port scan on the distant (with or without OAD running). If impossible, try to fetch the tcp port 80 with your browser. On Linux boxes, Apache is listening most of time  (http://127.0.0.1:80 in your browser to verify).

Wireshark is the tool of choice to know what happens really. Run it in promiscuous mode on both computers. Set a filter on UDP protocol if you're overflowed with traffic (probably not with a crossover cable connection). You should at least see one of your computers trying to connect.

Hope this helps...