Han stuff concept sketches for fun!

Ayakashi

Much better!

Btw, there's also this government center (is it still called that?) I want to talk about. Before drawing it I like to know what it does?

Other than that and the wonder are there any other buildings planned?

Here is the current state of things :

- Storehouse : Rada. (He will finish it and bring a wonderful tool)

- GVT Center : I planned to do it, and since I'm the only artist here I'll probably have to. What it should do :

"Structures":	[		{			"Name": "Zhi Hui Zhong Xin",			"Class": "",			"Emblem": "",			"History": "'Government Center' As a genuinely sophisticated educational society, China revered government very highly. This structure will provide tech upgrades for economic factors, specifically trade.",			"Requirements": "",			"Phase": "",			"Special": "" 		} 	],

- Heroes. I'll need to make them.

- Wonder, I'll maybe use the image you posted, but this has the lowest priority.

- Techs, Niektb is asking some experts about casted iron as a special tech. There are the ones from the gvt center above and those :

"CivBonuses":	[		{			"Name": "Defensive Walls",			"History": "The Chinese may have been best known for their immeasurably fortified defenses that kept enemy forces at bay long enough to obliterate them.",			"Description": "All walls and outposts are significantly cheaper and available earlier." 		},		{			"Name": "Naval Prowess",			"History": "The Han Chinese developed some of the most underrated and innovative naval tactics of the era, including unmanned Fire Ships set adrift to destroy warring nations' sea vessels and shoreline structures.",			"Description": "A diverse navy will grant the Chinese a generously favorable position at sea." 		} 	],	"TeamBonuses":	[		{			"Name": "Taoism",			"History": "The Three Jewels of Taoism: compassion, moderation and humility. These pinnacles will dictate the nature of relations between allies of the Chinese.",			"Description": "Trade for all allies is 30% cheaper." 		} 	],

After all of this faction will be complete. Really optionnal replace palisades by bamboo walls, though that doesn't seem accurate to me at all.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info dude!

& You're right, bamboo is rarely used in chinese architecture outside of scaffolding, and certainly not for walls. For a weaker wall I'd suggest either use some kind of rammed earth walls or just stick to the wooden palisades that everyone has. IMO Le Druide's concept are more like residential walls used to divide city blocks/wards etc but it would certainly make great eyecandy at the very least. Very useful to people who want to recreate ancient Chang'an! :D

Edited by Ayakashi

• 2 months later...

Looks impressive! :artist::thumbup: (no need to say sorry, it is better to bring quality work than doing ugly quickies :) )

I have however a question about the walls: what's at the back? They seems to stop suddenly and leave a huge gap at the rear.

Also should should there really stand dragons near the gate/door or are the bixies (like with the Civic center) also good?