Empires Besieged possible Factions.

Lion.Kanzen

A few things reading this thread:

Neither the Visigoths nor the Ostrogoths came about until the end of the timeframes. Generically, "Goths" works best because they weren't much different.

The Wendiske (Vandali) were Suabiske (Suebes), not Eastern Germans like the Goths or Heruli.

The Suebes were an overarcing group, as well as their own culture. they included the Alemanni, Marcomanni, Quaddi, and Vandali, and others.

• Like 1

again, either Han or three different Chinese: Wu, Shu, and Wei (or maybe even a divergent Chinese faction turning into those three?) there's also plenty of potential for in game references and a campaign based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, with hero units including the likes of Lu Bu

Edited by oshron

• 8 years later...

0 A.D: Empires Besieged - it will be a new chapter of 0 A.D?

P. S.

Since I have never been a developer and this is none of my business, nevertheless I would like to suggest you to swap the words in the name of the game before the project leaves alpha testing. How about to make "Empire Assedant" main title and 0 A.D. secondary? Just like Anno series: Anno 1404, Anno 1701. It could sound like Empire Assedant: 0 A.D., Empire Assedant: 500 A.D. or Empire Assedant: Ab urbe condita? I think Empire Ascedant is more universal name just like Age of Empires 1/2/3/4 and it will be the best for starting your recognizable franchise line.

• Like 1

Well that's how age of empires naming works

Age of Empires: Age of Kings

Age of Mythology: The titans.

Don't see anything wrong with that. In our case it's

0 A.D: Empires Ascendant

0 A.D: Empires Besieged

0 A.D: Retirement Home

4 hours ago, Jethew Goldgrub said:

- it will be a new chapter of 0 A.D?

It will but currently no artists working on it. I know of a private mod about Parthia but it hasn't been released.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/08/2022 at 10:30 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

it has its logic.

Seriously? What was the author of the game thinking about when he applied the medieval term to the game about antiquity? Also, you are missing a space after the first dot at «A.D.»‎. Not only is the name ridiculous, but it is also written illiterately.:rofl:
This is probably why, when I entered «0 A. D.», there were no games for this query.
Edited by Talgor the Perilous
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/12/2022 at 11:47 AM, Talgor the Perilous said:
Seriously? What was the author of the game thinking about when he applied the medieval term to the game about antiquity? Also, you are missing a space after the first dot at «A.D.»‎. Not only is the name ridiculous, but it is also written illiterately.:rofl:
This is probably why, when I entered «0 A. D.», there were no games for this query

try not to put Age of... and also that 0 is alphanumeric and goes first in the game lists.

• Like 1