kings, Queens, Emporers & Generals For Regicide Game Mode

burzum2

I think regicide should be with kings/emperors that can't fight (or at least are barely useful).

The regicide mode could also have 'spies' so that you can easily find out where enemy rulers are hiding.

This could be a temporary technology (you hire spies to find out where the ruler(s) are hiding, but you only see them for a short period of time and if you want to reveal them again you have to hire spies again).

I think regicide should be with kings/emperors that can't fight (or at least are barely useful).

The regicide mode could also have 'spies' so that you can easily find out where enemy rulers are hiding.

This could be a temporary technology (you hire spies to find out where the ruler(s) are hiding, but you only see them for a short period of time and if you want to reveal them again you have to hire spies again).

That would be unrelistic.

Kings can certaintly fight and should.

And why not have real spy units that you can spy with?

Ok, we must prose the mechanics of this gameplay.

1. The spies have missions open enemy gates, spying obviusly( see into enemy territory without be attacked when is invisible)

2. It's "invisible" for some time.

3. You can have only 5.

4. Outpost and Heroes can detected and lost his/her invisibility.

5. Can ambush heroes and kill them( assasin upgrade may be)

6.the abilities of the spy are: gather Intelligence(we select enemy building and we can press some tech upgrades), assassinate( ambush), poison food resources( this aura effect) spy buildings. Can shows enemy queue. But.... And I say but. Can have 2 abilities of them per match. The anti bonus are weak, with low hp.

The Regicide mode is called Herocide. And have a ticket open.

Actually it's avaible in SVN Wonder Victory Mode.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Now why I/we proposed this way and this unit.

History

Events involving espionage are well documented throughout history. The ancient writings of Chinese and Indian military strategists such as Sun-Tzu and Chanakya contain information on deception and subversion. Chanakya's student Chandragupta Maurya, founder of the Maurya Empire in India, made use of assassinations, spies and secret agents, which are described in Chanakya's rastra. The ancient Egyptians had a thoroughly developed system for the acquisition of intelligence, and the Hebrews used spies as well, as in the story of Rahab. Spies were also prevalent in the Greek and Roman empires.[2] During the 13th and 14th centuries, the Mongols relied heavily on espionage in their conquests in Asia and Europe. Feudal Japan often used ninja to gather intelligence. More recently, spies played a significant part in Elizabethan England (see Francis Walsingham). Many modern espionage methods were well established even then.[3] Aztecs used Pochtecas, people in charge of commerce, as spies and diplomats, and had diplomatic immunity. Along with the pochteca, before a battle or war, secret agents, quimitchin, were sent to spy amongst enemies usually wearing the local costume and speaking the local language, techniques similar to modern secret agents.

And Why these Abilities

Targets of espionage

Espionage agents are usually trained experts in a specific targeted field so they can differentiate mundane information from targets of intrinsic value to their own organisational development. Correct identification of the target at its execution is the sole purpose[citation needed] of the espionage operation.

Broad areas of espionage targeting expertise include:a spy

Natural resources: strategic production identification and assessment (food, energy, materials). Agents are usually found among bureaucrats who administer these resources in their own countries

Popular sentiment towards domestic and foreign policies (popular, middle class, elites). Agents often recruited from field journalistic crews, exchange postgraduate students and sociology researchers

Strategic economic strengths (production, research, manufacture, infrastructure). Agents recruited from science and technology academia, commercial enterprises, and more rarely from among military technologists

Military capability intelligence (offensive, defensive, maneuver, naval, air, space). Agents are trained by special military espionage education facilities, and posted to an area of operation with covert identities to minimize prosecution

Counterintelligence operations specifically targeting opponents' intelligence services themselves, such as breaching confidentiality of communications, and recruiting defectors or moles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

You want spies only for this game type? I'm not following how spies add anything more to this particular game type?

I see those as arguments towards having a spy unit in general more than for the herocide/regicide victory condition.

Edited by hollth

I want for whole game and mods. But no all like the spies. Or want them in his gameplay. But we can have many modes, Custom ( gamer set rules) Standar ( wonder, relics etc) and the other victory conditions.

I link the ticket where is open. Some basic modes, even Wonder is already in game for alpha16.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1649

And this one is for actual request.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2160

Upsss XD.

Ok but with Regicide or Herocide. May be we can see in this alpha(16). And sorry with the topic off, I was awake late and when I read that I think you want talk about spies.

Now if you want a eye candy unit. We need make 3d props and the give some texture. Idanwin open a eye candy art we can use a default king, queen, etc.

Upsss XD.

Ok but with Regicide or Herocide. May be we can see in this alpha(16). And sorry with the topic off, I was awake late and when I read that I think you want talk about spies.

Now if you want a eye candy unit. We need make 3d props and the give some texture. Idanwin open a eye candy art we can use a default king, queen, etc.

I was talking to idanwin ;)

It will be cool to have spy units though. Also you can use them as assassins!! That will be cool and fun.

Kings and queens need to be able to fight. You can also use them in battle as a hero because they will have added hitpoints and attack and moral boosting abilities to nearby troops.

The Romans in republic have no kings especially in Ceasars time.

So the Romans get a Tribune or general. He will be the "king" or hero figure which if he's jilled game over.

But he must have greater hitpoints and attack, possibly an aura that if troops are in the aura they gather faster have added attack etc, etc, etc...

The Romans in republic have no kings especially in Ceasars time.

So the Romans get a Tribune or general. He will be the "king" or hero figure which if he's jilled game over.

But he must have greater hitpoints and attack, possibly an aura that if troops are in the aura they gather faster have added attack etc, etc, etc...

kill two consuls.

The half Hp of a king, each of course, for regicide can be difficult against Romans or Carthage(republic).

Edited by Lion.Kanzen