===[COMMITTED]=== Gaul Farmstead

Stan`

Awesome models, both look very nice, we can use both as variations. (For some reason I can't see the images from work, don't know where they're hosted but It didn't pass my workplace filter :P)

Just nitpicking here, the roof hatch texture looks a bit stretched near the top. The round objects look very round (posts, barrel, , I don't know how many faces they have (maybe it's the shader).

Final notes is to make sure that the structure extends under the ground like posts and walls.

When you're happy with the model, export it as .dae or .obj, zip it and post it here in the forums and I'll commit it into the game ;)

Nice work on this one.

Awesome models, both look very nice, we can use both as variations. (For some reason I can't see the images from work, don't know where they're hosted but It didn't pass my workplace filter :P)

Just nitpicking here, the roof hatch texture looks a bit stretched near the top. The round objects look very round (posts, barrel, , I don't know how many faces they have (maybe it's the shader).

Final notes is to make sure that the structure extends under the ground like posts and walls.

When you're happy with the model, export it as .dae or .obj, zip it and post it here in the forums and I'll commit it into the game ;)

Nice work on this one.

Thank you here you are, maybe some optimizations are needed but i think its good :)

GaulFARMSTEAD.7z

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

Ok, I would try to get rid of the flat roof, but I don't really know how either ...

Maybe make it start a bit higher than the other roof, and depending on how the gap feels either leave it open (make the roof go a bit over the other roof in that case) or fill it up with vertical planks.

P.S. I just read through the thread again and you already told us that you didn't know what to do with that part, sorry, I'd totally missed that.

Ok, I would try to get rid of the flat roof, but I don't really know how either ...

Maybe make it start a bit higher than the other roof, and depending on how the gap feels either leave it open (make the roof go a bit over the other roof in that case) or fill it up with vertical planks.

P.S. I just read through the thread again and you already told us that you didn't know what to do with that part, sorry, I'd totally missed that.

No problem, ;)

If I get an idea i will fix it, for now the models here are the ones to be uploaded.

• Like 1

Almost done fixing the farmstead. It needed some re-scaling because it was bigger than the roman farmstead (in-game pic soon...) . Also fixed some UV stretching in the roof and minor things, specially the props which had too much triangles for just props (see attached image). We should use less geometry in props (specially if we want add multiple props around the structure).

post-13528-0-66034700-1389010629_thumb.j

The two rounded props were reduced to one third of their total triangle count (from ~150 quads to ~ 50)

Almost done fixing the farmstead. It needed some re-scaling because it was bigger than the roman farmstead (in-game pic soon...) . Also fixed some UV stretching in the roof and minor things, specially the props which had too much triangles for just props (see attached image). We should use less geometry in props (specially if we want add multiple props around the structure).

attachicon.gifprops redone.jpg

The two rounded props were reduced to one third of their total triangle count (from ~150 quads to ~ 50)

How did you reduce the number of polys ? I tried to but I wasn't able to keep the shape

I modeled them from scratch. Can't tell how to reduce polys in max since Im no expert and the last time I used was long time ag

That was my second option X)

EDIT : I'm so glad you guys like my building. This is kind of a dream to work for a video game. Thanks all ;)

Edited by stanislas69

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...