attack based by distance

newcivs

I mod the Pil Mahalmit's actor, i put a ptolomeaic tower and a javelinist inside and i have a question:

how i can put an attack based on distance:

the means the if the unit detects enemies on shoot distance of javelinists the javelinist gonna shoot their javelins, and if the enemies are nearing into the elephants the melee attack begins

i have a new bug with my mod, i hear calvary sounds not elephant sounds, but i patch it

template_unit_champion_cavalry_javelinist2

the code:

<Entity parent="template_unit_champion_cavalry">  <Armour>    <Hack>4</Hack>    <Pierce>5</Pierce>    <Crush>6</Crush>  </Armour>  <Attack>    <Ranged>      <Hack>30.0</Hack>      <Pierce>30.0</Pierce>      <Crush>0.0</Crush>      <MaxRange>56</MaxRange>      <MinRange>0.0</MinRange>      <ProjectileSpeed>50.0</ProjectileSpeed>      <PrepareTime>1200</PrepareTime>      <RepeatTime>2000</RepeatTime>      <Spread>1.2</Spread>      <Bonuses>        <BonusPrimary>          <Classes>Infantry Bow</Classes>          <Multiplier>2.0</Multiplier>        </BonusPrimary>        <BonusSecondary>          <Classes>Cavalry Sword</Classes>          <Multiplier>1.5</Multiplier>        </BonusSecondary>      </Bonuses>    </Ranged>  </Attack>  <Cost>    <Resources>      <food>100</food>      <wood>70</wood>    </Resources>  </Cost>  <Identity>    <Classes datatype="tokens">Ranged Javelin</Classes>    <GenericName>Champion Cavalry Skirmisher</GenericName>    <Tooltip>Classes: Champion Ranged Cavalry Skirmisher.Counters: 2x vs. Archers, 1.5x vs. Cavalry Swordsmen.Countered by: Spearmen and Elephants.</Tooltip>  </Identity>  <Obstruction>    <Unit radius="1.0"/>  </Obstruction>  <Sound>    <SoundGroups>      <select>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_select.xml</select>      <order_walk>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_order.xml</order_walk>      <order_attack>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_attack.xml</order_attack>      <attack>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_attack.xml</attack>      <death>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_death.xml</death>      <trained>actor/fauna/animal/elephant_trained.xml</trained>    </SoundGroups>  </Sound>  <UnitMotion>    <WalkSpeed>14.0</WalkSpeed>    <Run>      <Speed>28.0</Speed>      <Range>1000.0</Range>      <RangeMin>10.0</RangeMin>    </Run>  </UnitMotion></Entity>

• 1 month later...

Are you talking about javelinist in towers? Or ontop an elephant?

I think via JavaScript you could decide yourself which unit to attack. So compare the nearest enemy position to your units position and decide whether the javelins' reach is enough. Once the enemies are coming too close draw back the javelinists and send in the melee. (all in javascript)

• Like 1