Lobby Registry Doesn't work

Keaton the Wise

This looks strange. What Ubuntu alpha15 package did you use (the one from the PPA or something else)? How did you get it working when building from source? Can you post the output of:

$ ldd /PATH/TO/pyrogenesis | grep gloox

for both the version built from source and the packaged one, specifying again for each version if the lobby works?

This looks strange. What Ubuntu alpha15 package did you use (the one from the PPA or something else)? How did you get it working when building from source? Can you post the output of:

$ ldd /PATH/TO/pyrogenesis | grep gloox

for both the version built from source and the packaged one, specifying again for each version if the lobby works?

I went to the website, clicked download alpha 15 osiris. Then I said linux, then ubuntu and it told me how to download it from the terminal. That's all I understand of the question.

I went to the website, clicked download alpha 15 osiris. Then I said linux, then ubuntu and it told me how to download it from the terminal. That's all I understand of the question.

Post the output of:

dpkg -l | grep gloox

Actually, i build it from the source under fedora. The package in the fedora repository works well too.

ldd: /PATH/TO/pyrogenesis: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

So it's ok under fedora, the problem was on Ubuntu?

Yeah. It didn't work on my Ubuntu computer.

That is what we are trying to find out but with out the info fabio requested there is nothing to done as we can not read your mind or what your comp is telling you until you tell us exactly computers are very literal one character out of place and crash,and you haven't provided the offending character ;) yet.

Enjoy the Choice :)

What we found is that the lobby appear to not be properly working when using gloox 1.0 (libgloox.so.8 - this is the standard version now in Debian/Ubuntu), while it works with 1.0.9 (libgloox.so.11 - this is in the Ubuntu 0ad PPA and possibly other distributions).

• Like 1

What we found is that the lobby appear to not be properly working when using gloox 1.0 (libgloox.so.8 - this is the standard version now in Debian/Ubuntu), while it works with 1.0.9 (libgloox.so.11 - this is in the Ubuntu 0ad PPA and possibly other distributions).

My gloox is the same libgloox.so.8 you mention:

x@y:/bleh/blah/$ ldd pyrogenesis   |  grep glooxlibgloox.so.8 => /usr/lib/libgloox.so.8 (0xb7032000)

I am using self-built 0 A.D. alpha 15 (from official a15 src package) on a 32-bit Debian based Linux system. Lobby seems to work fine. 'apt-cache show' reports following about libgloox-dev package installed:

Package: libgloox-devSource: glooxVersion: 1.0-1.1Installed-Size: 3176Maintainer: Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org>Architecture: i386Depends: libgloox8 (= 1.0-1.1), libgnutls-dev, libidn11-devDescription: C++ jabber/xmpp library devel filesDescription-md5: d53f3d80607744e5e7183ee034c7c8f8Tag: devel::library, role::devel-libSection: libdevelPriority: optionalFilename: pool/main/g/gloox/libgloox-dev_1.0-1.1_i386.debSize: 803940MD5sum: 63df00a1f5eded16b47f21464ab26f6bSHA1: af7e5812398be2c7dafef0d5d7bd693735aa3f3bSHA256: 310c6822792102d732eb9c43ba8689a3496c21f2fc4a6dd14ff047a652bc6c9
Edited by unserializable