Lorica segmentata.

Hawls

Hi! I wanted to know if there is a way to have your legionaries lorica segmentation? I know they normally appear as the Roman Empire and not in the republic but good, I saw that in lorica segmentata legionnaires were available in the editor?
thank you very much! :)
Sorry for my english, i'm french

Si jamais il y a des français:
Salut! Je voulais savoir s'il y aurait moyen d'avoir des légionnaires en lorica segmenta ta? Je sais qu'elles n'apparaissent normalement qu'à l'Empire romain et pas sous la republic mais bonnes, j'ai vu que des legionnaires en lorica segmentata étaient disponibles dans l'éditeur?
Merci beaucoup! :)

Image: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/52/1388195724-sans-titre.jpg

Our units are quite modular, this is the example of the legionairre: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/romans/champion_unit_4_imp_legion.xml

As you see, the shield, sword and helmet are defined separately, so you can just replace them with weapons you get from other units, like a spear. You will also have to change the attack animation though, as else, the unit will attack with a spear, but with the animation of a sword.

Our units are quite modular, this is the example of the legionairre: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units/romans/champion_unit_4_imp_legion.xml

As you see, the shield, sword and helmet are defined separately, so you can just replace them with weapons you get from other units, like a spear. You will also have to change the attack animation though, as else, the unit will attack with a spear, but with the animation of a sword.

Super! Thank you for your reply :) I still have to learn how to modify 0a.d game :)

Its possibly even have a flying elephant , this game is very modable.

I want share some Roman heavy Infantry here.

KjQ4Tfa.jpg

For Imperial Romans, this will be the elite Swordsman rank (plus front to back crest on helmet). Advanced will have segmentata, but no manacles, greaves, or crest. Basic will wear chainmail and a bronze version of the Gallic helmet.

• Like 1

Can't he just edit the hastatus template to display the legionnaire actor? I'm not too good at modding either

I don't know if that will require a public SVN

but here's how to do it in SVN

open the SVN folder to \binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\templates\units

open rome_infantry_swordsman_b.xml in notepad

replace units/romans/infantry_swordsman_b.xml with units/romans/champion_unit_4_imp_legion.xml in the text file, then save

repeat with rome infantry swordsman variant b,a, and e

to undo it all, just run cleanup

• Like 1

Can't he just edit the hastatus template to display the legionnaire actor? I'm not too good at modding either

I don't know if that will require a public SVN

but here's how to do it in SVN

open the SVN folder to \binaries\data\mods\public\simulation\templates\units

open rome_infantry_swordsman_b.xml in notepad

replace units/romans/infantry_swordsman_b.xml with units/romans/champion_unit_4_imp_legion.xml in the text file, then save

repeat with rome infantry swordsman variant b,a, and e

to undo it all, just run cleanup

Modification of the line changes the skin, but some lack entertainment ... :/