Official Multiplayer Servers?

Rasnav

I had the same idea.

We need some dedicated servers to host games 24/7. Perhaps they would have different maps or levels of players. They would need some static IP addresses with perhaps domain name association.

If you would like, I can experiment more with this idea. My brother and I have some personal static IP addresses that I could use.

What's the point of hosting games 24/7 if a game can only start when there are enough members, while now everyone can host his own game.

It's not like a game where you can join in the middle of the action.

XD reinforcement system, can be a crazy idea. Sorry for the joke, but I can't left to go this one.

After Michel Christmas SVN the game changes, each new technology changes gameplay. The rank system is very good idea, but is highly need to work in victory conditions beyond to conquest mode.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

How do you see official servers? What should such a server do?

I would see an official server as something that would be up 24/7 and would restart after each game. After a player left that civilization would switch to an npc until the game was over. There could be speacial maps for more civilizations. Of course the lag would have to be fixed before larger maps but I think later in developement this would be a great idea. If anyone cares to add to this please do. I do understand that this couldn't be implimented until a lot later in developement but I'm just posting for future ideas.

Edited by Rasnav

I was thinking more of a limited time for each game (i.e. 60 minutes, 120 minutes). When a user tried to join while a game was in progress, he would get a message notifying him that the game is already in progress and perhaps giving him an option to join at the next time junction.

Just an idea.

• Like 1