Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Cavalry like in BFME ?Make riders faster and give them the ability to trample enemy units however when they try to go over pikes they almost get killed ?

Around 1:00

I think it would make the gameplay a bit more dinamic and also make a difference between mounted units and infantry .

Edited by CTLN7

Cavalry like in BFME ?Make riders faster and give them the ability to trample enemy units however when they try to go over pikes they almost get killed ?

Around 1:00

I think it would make the gameplay a bit more dinamic and also make a difference between mounted units and infantry .

i dont now but may be must will implement in future.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameplayFeatureStatus

i believe i mentioned it before, but all cavalry units could conceivably have Trample abilities, just much smaller than elephants. this would also leave it open for special scenarios (particularly cinematics) where--in an example of gameplay and story segregation--a bunch of your cavalry (or allied cavalrymen) charge through an enemy squad, trampling all of them to death with little effort (eg, for the purposes of that one scene just to make them look cool, their trample damage is raised to high enough levels that contact with them in motion causes instant death; once you gain control of them [if that's part of the story] their trample damage is back down to normal)

I have been playing around with 0 A.D. for several months and it looks like it will be a great game, and gets better with each alpha release. The one suggestion I have is that it seems like some of the civilizations are in danger of becoming too similar in the way they function and it may be a good idea to add different styles of gameplay. I think this could be achieved without a huge amount of extra effort.

Personally, I have been wanting to see some Teutonic tribes and I think it might be a good opportunity to diversify gameplay. According to Caesar's description in the Gallic Wars, the Suevi were "the largest and the most warlike nation of all the Germans." He goes on to describe their lack of agriculture, impermanent residences, etc.

My idea is that the Suevi are mainly infantry (something like the "Naked Fanatics" already found in the game) units that subsist off of hunting and raising livestock (new unit: cows?). If it wouldn't be too difficult to program, instead of civ. centers they have temporary houses that, like the outposts, etc., lose health slowly over time and could be placed anywhere on the map. The gameplay for this particular civ. may seem overly simple but faster unit production times and greater mobility would make them pretty tough to play against, or add an extra challenge as an interloping society while two major civilizations are competing.

Just a thought... I'm studying programming at the moment and don't have enough coding skills to contribue more than ideas at the moment....

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Edited by opnsrs

I have been playing around with 0 A.D. for several months and it looks like it will be a great game, and gets better with each alpha release. The one suggestion I have is that it seems like some of the civilizations are in danger of becoming too similar in the way they function and it may be a good idea to add different styles of gameplay. I think this could be achieved without a huge amount of extra effort.

Personally, I have been wanting to see some Teutonic tribes and I think it might be a good opportunity to diversify gameplay. According to Caesar's description in the Gallic Wars, the Suevi were "the largest and the most warlike nation of all the Germans." He goes on to describe their lack of agriculture, impermanent residences, etc.

My idea is that the Suevi are mainly infantry (something like the "Naked Fanatics" already found in the game) units that subsist off of hunting and raising livestock (new unit: cows?). If it wouldn't be too difficult to program, instead of civ. centers they have temporary houses that, like the outposts, etc., lose health slowly over time and could be placed anywhere on the map. The gameplay for this particular civ. may seem overly simple but faster unit production times and greater mobility would make them pretty tough to play against, or add an extra challenge as an interloping society while two major civilizations are competing.

Just a thought... I'm studying programming at the moment and don't have enough coding skills to contribue more than ideas at the moment....

next to add may be are the Ptolemies. Germanic Tribes been added to Second part, not now.

all the things you mention don't need coding skills, just 3D design skills, and a bit of XML knowledge. So if you can design, it would be easy to do.

all the things you mention don't need coding skills, just 3D design skills, and a bit of XML knowledge. So if you can design, it would be easy to do.

Unfortunately I don't have those either... next on my list of things to study. I have played around with XML a little bit but wouldn't call myself knowledgeable.

Anyway, that wasn't really the point, I was just apologizing for making a suggestion but not actually doing anything myself...

its hard to take by one person.

I meant "easy" in a sense that it doesn't require a lot of abilities. But it's "hard" in a sense that it will take very long.

It's like painting a wall. The only thing you do is putting your brush in the paint and bring it to the walls, so in that sense, it's easy. But it will probably take a long while. And you will always want to make corrections.

Meanwhile. I've been trying to learn blender. I'm mainly struggling on the texturing now (haven't figured out that part at all). I think, when I know how it works, I can help here and there.

I meant "easy" in a sense that it doesn't require a lot of abilities. But it's "hard" in a sense that it will take very long.

It's like painting a wall. The only thing you do is putting your brush in the paint and bring it to the walls, so in that sense, it's easy. But it will probably take a long while. And you will always want to make corrections.

Meanwhile. I've been trying to learn blender. I'm mainly struggling on the texturing now (haven't figured out that part at all). I think, when I know how it works, I can help here and there.

is a lot a work, that is want to say.

Hi 0 A.D.! =)

I'll first tell you that your game is really really fantastic! I love it!

I have played it for a few weeks now and I have some suggestions =)

That the women can fight, not only escape

That a option in the center make all the women enter it to protect themselve

That something tell you who many workers are working on wood/food/…

That you can bring the animals like sheep and goat in your breeding farm

That allies are added in single mode

That you can have a lot of units without lags (but you already know that ^^)

That easy/hard mode are added (for noobs like me =D)

That the gaia units that you find can be yours

Visual changes when you upgrade the civilization phase

and more tutorial maybe! ^^

That's it I think ^^

You're game is really cool, I think I'll try to make some videos and post them on youtube when I'm really used to play =)

Thanks!!

Edited by Papane

Hi 0 A.D.! =)

I'll first tell you that your game is really really fantastic! I love it!

That is a Nice Comment, i think so too

I have played it for a few weeks now and I have some suggestions =)

That the women can fight, not only escape

Both, Attack if aren't escape or player command it.

That a option in the center make all the women enter it to protect themselve

That something tell you who many workers are working on wood/food/…

I read this begore but i dont know if exist a ticket about this.

That you can bring the animals like sheep and goat in your breeding farm

some years i suggest some similar, i agree with you.

That allies are added in single mode

i dot get this, its not team allowed? or you think about Diplomacy Settings

That you can have a lot of units without lags (but you already know that ^^)

That easy/hard mode are added (for noobs like me =D)

That the gaia units that you find can be yours

not all i think

Visual changes when you upgrade the civilization phase

is already suggested.

and more tutorial maybe! ^^

That's it I think ^^

You're game is really cool, I think I'll try to make some videos and post them on youtube when I'm really used to play =)

Thanks!!

Share it your videos or Experiences with your friends.

________________________________________________________________________________

I suggest put a "Capturing" topic in "Project Governance" Forum

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

And are there players working on a french version? I'd like to help ^^

Currently, no translations are being implemented. The team thought it better to only start translating when the game reaches beta stage.

I got a question, will you complete the 0adManual that I found here http://trac.wildfire.../wiki/0adManual

All the work around here is volunteer, so it takes time to finish, plus at this stage of development the game always has new features to be added to the manual, but yes, one day it'll earn the right to be called 'Manual'.

My first suggestions:

Something that is something of a aesthetic issue now, and will become more pressing once formation bonuses are implemented, is that if a number of units are told to go somewhere, it seems that they will just stop wherever it is as soon as one of the other units reaches there. They will not attempt to even gather together, much less actually assemble into phalanx or skirmish or line. One thing that could help with this is a custom footprint (like in Total War) that the units will orient themselves to.

Going further, shall (or are) groups of units be able to be grouped into larger units or what not, like in Cossacks?

And one last thing: while there are Hastati and Triarii, there don't seem to be any Principes.

Post Roman Britons: Englsih:

Farm, researches irragation, crop rotation, plow and iron plow, One farm makes 75 food+ 75 for each technology cost ten wood. Farms are automaticly replanetd.

Mill converts wheat into flower farms generate double food + three good.

wood cutter: two man saw, water powered saw mill increases wood by 200%

Forestry: replants trees cost nothing and requires one worker.

Fudal lord Maner: house for workers up to 20 worker support.

Bank: 1% interest on all gold.

University: new technologies, water wheel, water power, industrial revelution, canning, muskets, gunpowder, cannons, merchant class citizen allows banking.

Blast furnus: makes iron,

Ship yard makes ships,

Dock for trading and fishing

Factory makes trade goods cost 1 wood each + 1 food + 1 gold each trade good worth 100 gold, or food, wood, iron. stone. mARBLE

House auto maticly upgrade cost goods.

cathedral trains priest.

Post Roman Britons: Englsih:

Farm, researches irragation, crop rotation, plow and iron plow, One farm makes 75 food+ 75 for each technology cost ten wood. Farms are automaticly replanetd.

Mill converts wheat into flower farms generate double food + three good.

wood cutter: two man saw, water powered saw mill increases wood by 200%

Forestry: replants trees cost nothing and requires one worker.

Fudal lord Maner: house for workers up to 20 worker support.

Bank: 1% interest on all gold.

University: new technologies, water wheel, water power, industrial revelution, canning, muskets, gunpowder, cannons, merchant class citizen allows banking.

Blast furnus: makes iron,

Ship yard makes ships,

Dock for trading and fishing

Factory makes trade goods cost 1 wood each + 1 food + 1 gold each trade good worth 100 gold, or food, wood, iron. stone. mARBLE

House auto maticly upgrade cost goods.

cathedral trains priest.

Sounds like some good suggestions for the Technology thread.

I love this game, it has great potential, But please fix the bugs!

Things that I should add are Multi soldier units (like coh and BFME), more buildings, most sightly inclined to CIVIC buildings, to give it a touch of being building a city instead of just a military camp looking like a city. I mean to give the game more non-war features, like civic, religion, economic, diplomatic, etc

i can wait until it is finished!!

Good LUCK!

• Stan` featured this topic