Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

13 minutes ago, Stan` said:

A26/A27 there is an option to reduce the area that does the scrolling so I suppose if you set it to 0 it's disabled

i dont think so. i tried (in Graphics general) this to change, but it does something else:

Screenshot_20230524_103312.jpg.9bd6d87c6432b8635548b5cd1f5376a9.jpg

Edited by seeh

12 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

It's a different option, there is view.scroll.mouse.detectdistance.

works. i put into the user.cfg file:

view.scroll.mouse.detectdistance = "0"

btw before i fixed it by change inside cpp-source succesful (now not needed anymore. ty u) : https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/107383-objgraphics_releasecameracontrollero-error-1

Edited by seeh

Age of Empires saga.

Not really. I played Age of Empires 3, and Age of mythology a couple of times, but I don't really care if age of empires has something or not.

I just want to know what everything is without ordering 10 books from the library and scrolling through 15 pages of blocked college papers to find out cool history stuff.

On 23/05/2023 at 8:25 AM, Stan` said:

Sure. Keep in mind that most people are not tech friendly, so ideally you should provide it as a pyromod. See the relevant documentation here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/#Formodders:

I'll skip the github and just put it on mod.io it doesn't look too hard.

8 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

I just want to know what everything is without ordering 10 books from the library and scrolling through 15 pages of blocked college papers to find out cool history stuff.

We should summarize that information but I can't imagine anyone working on that.

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

I'd be willing to do some of it off and on.

I mean, you already have raw research about each unit before putting them in the game, right?

Research undoubtedly exists (no units can be taken out without research).

When fractions are designed, the second thing that is designed is the architecture and with the architecture the main units and their appearance are designed.

You can see our mods in the Mods Forum, and you will notice that it is exactly the same modus operandi for factions.

So I posted the mod to mod.io I'm waiting for it to be approved, and then I'll open a forum post to discuss it.

Should I put the discussion in Gameplay Discussion or Modding? I mean, it relates to gameplay and really isn't that big of modding.

Raw research like that is probably the easiest, but not for civilizations that are in development. 

It wouldn't be too hard, unit description wise. When you get to civilizations, you'd just need an overview with just enough information. The upgrades would be easy because a lot of them are used across units. Descriptions would be a pain for translators, however.

9 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

So I posted the mod to mod.io I'm waiting for it to be approved, and then I'll open a forum post to discuss it.

Should I put the discussion in Gameplay Discussion or Modding? I mean, it relates to gameplay and really isn't that big of modding.

Raw research like that is probably the easiest, but not for civilizations that are in development. 

It wouldn't be too hard, unit description wise. When you get to civilizations, you'd just need an overview with just enough information. The upgrades would be easy because a lot of them are used across units. Descriptions would be a pain for translators, however.

It depends on how you approach the problem. If you make a mod of this it should go in the mod section but if it is to be attached to the main project in that case put it in the general forum.

To get a mod on mod.io I have to get approved.

Once that's done, anyone can test it by installing it through the 0 A.D. mod launcher

Secret forums?!? That's pretty cool...

I've been reading up on Greek and Hellenistic cultures, so I already know some of the history/ culture and I can always look stuff up.

Maybe there should be a different discussion about writing unit encyclopedias? I mean, assuming that's a feature that the developers want.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfHassen said:

Secret forums?!? That's pretty cool

These are good that can only be used by the development team.

There are times when there are many more factions than the ones we have proposed in the forums that are visible.

One time a devs once let it slip and revealed several planned factions.

I assume that the original ones are there.

It's time you knew who to ask.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone 

He is incognito but was a project leader a decade ago.

Wow can explain many concepts and units.

@Genava55 

Expert in history and other things of considerable scientific knowledge.

Celts are their main knowledge.

@Thorfinn the Shallow Minded

He can speak about history and Greeks.

On 22/05/2023 at 5:00 PM, Stan` said:

Yeah you can restore the <history> tag in the identity components. It will then show up in the detailed view of the unit.

Um. I tried to add a tag to the spartan women, and it wouldn't pop up. Is there a bit more nuance. Is it <History> not <history>? Or do you have to put it in the identity sub-section?

Once I get something to show for it, I might make a github repository and a forum discussion for adding history text. At first, it'd be a mod, but obviously It'd be cool to have it in with the main game. 

However, for a discussion I have no idea what category to put it in. it's not gameplay, and it is technically only a mod until it can be added to the main game.

auto-assign Han

Source for that is probably for e.g. here:

a27build/libraries/source/spidermonkey/mozjs-91.13.1/build-debug/_virtualenvs/common/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pyparsing.py

a27build/libraries/source/spidermonkey/mozjs-91.13.1/testing/web-platform/tests/resources/webidl2/lib/webidl2.js

i guess it has maybe something todo with string length ? all other are longer

• 2 weeks later...