Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

ok it's been a while since I played, but all ibero games have stone walls at the beginning and in jebel barkal a real use of siege towers would be useful, and in some long games or mordor in danubius there are real labyrinths of towers and houses :V

now the archer civs are the most chosen, and the Carthaginians are quite profitable against any civ now, between arrows and catapults, they can advance little by little, but they will destroy anyone. 
in A23 for example you could put an Iberian or 2 per team because of the bonus to the javeliners and in frontier you could even advance to defense towers if you reach phase 2, without suffering a constant rush. 
with the A25 having more balance with the archers, you will return to make teams with civs, taking advantage of the bonus of the civs instead of looking for tactics of only troops op archers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soloooy0 said:

now the archer civs are the most chosen, and the Carthaginians are quite profitable against any civ now, between arrows and catapults, they can advance little by little, but they will destroy anyone. 
in A23 for example you could put an Iberian or 2 per team because of the bonus to the javeliners and in frontier you could even advance to defense towers if you reach phase 2, without suffering a constant rush. 
with the A25 having more balance with the archers, you will return to make teams with civs, taking advantage of the bonus of the civs instead of looking for tactics of only troops op archers. 

Thats boring . get maharbal and go nuts with merc cav

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, soloooy0 said:

... the Carthaginians are quite profitable against any civ now, between arrows and catapults, they can advance little by little, but they will destroy anyone. ...

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam." ;)

(Marcus Porcius Cato, the Elder, 234–149 BC)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, I would like to see a faction representing the Ilirians, The Pirrians, the Numidians, The Phoenicians, and the Germanic tribes...I Like the Gauls and Britons, but I also would like to see the Germans as well as their own faction in the game,  

Edited by Belisarius17

28 minutes ago, Belisarius17 said:

Hi, I would like to see a faction representing the Ilirians, The Pirrians, the Numidians, The Phoenicians, and the Germanic tribes...I Like the Gauls and Britons, but I also would like to see the Germans as well as their own faction in the game,  

https://play0ad.com/game-info/factions/

The first edition of 0 A.D. will allow the player to control any of 13 ancient civilizations from the pre-common era. Each culture will be represented at the peak of its civilization, somewhere along the timeline of 500 B.C. to 1 B.C.

We have decided to call this first edition “0 A.D. – Empires Ascendant”. In future editions of the game, we hope to represent notable civilizations from 1 A.D. to 500 A.D. The list will not be finalized until the first edition has gone gold, but some possible civilizations include Late Rome, Imperial Rome or Eastern Rome, the Germanics, Vandals, Sarmatians, Saxons, Parthians, Huns, Dacians, and the Goths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Belisarius17 said:

The Pirrians, the Numidians, The Phoenicians, and the Germanic tribes.

"Pirrians" ? You mean the mollossian epirots surely but no way they are too close to macedon both culturally and strategy wise, maybe in the future could be a hero idk as he did rule macedon very briefly. The numidians are inserted in the carthage faction as well as phoenicians , i mean Tyre is know for the dye and being besieged like all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

"Pirrians" ? You mean the mollossian epirots surely but no way they are too close to macedon both culturally and strategy wise, maybe in the future could be a hero idk as he did rule macedon very briefly. The numidians are inserted in the carthage faction as well as phoenicians , i mean Tyre is know for the dye and being besieged like all the time.

In the mods there are several of those factions.

• Like 1

Unless I've overseen it, but could a day/night cycle be something yet worth to implement? The idea is that attacking at night might have some kind of a surprise bonus for the attackers, as their opponents see them only later at night than at day. Could this have too many downsides for the overall balance of the game?

How about some extra functions for the mini map? E.g. the possibility to toggle some items of interest like show only enemies or only allies or only neutral civs, emphasize locations of civic centres (or make them more visible in general?), show paths of patrolling units or merchants, etc. (If that makes sense on the mini map at all).

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Unless I've overseen it, but could a day/night cycle be something yet worth to implement? The idea is that attacking at night might have some kind of a surprise bonus for the attackers, as their opponents see them only later at night than at day. Could this have too many downsides for the overall balance of the game?

Performance... I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ceres said:

How about some extra functions for the mini map? E.g. the possibility to toggle some items of interest like show only enemies or only allies or only neutral civs, emphasize locations of civic centres (or make them more visible in general?), show paths of patrolling units or merchants, etc. (If that makes sense on the mini map at all).

@Ceres but performance issues aside, I like your suggestions and perhaps some could be tried in a mod if its too intensive for the base version of 0 a.d.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ceres said:

You can see some discussion here and there The sun rotation is currently not exposed to the simulation code, but it could be. However it seems that changing the sun position seems to have some performance issues. But it can be done like the water on the extinct volcano map.

10 hours ago, Ceres said:

For the minimap we're working on the ability to ping players see https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1751

There are a few tickets but no one is working on it https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/6151

Here is the original plan https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/57

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2021 at 3:50 AM, PyrrhicVictoryGuy said:

yeah but nobody plays iberians now

Interestingly enough, iber are one of the most capable cav civs in a24, among pers seles and gauls. Skirm cav champs are powerful vs everything and can take out buildings. If you bulk the army with plenty of spearcav and skirmcav it is a deadly combo, since it is much easier to keep the fire-cav champs alive. Indibil hero makes all units cheaper and you can reliably keep him alive all game, every game. 

However

• Ibers lack a mega-good cavalry hero like pers or seles
  • Ibers lack a few small upgrades for stable (not a big deal)
  • Ibers have a limited selection of CS cavs: just skirm and spear
  • Ibers don't have extra 20 pop like pers do and they don't have archer cavs like sele or pers.

Conclusion: Seles are only a good cav civ because of archer cavs+hero

I think seleucids should definitely get a spearcav :I. I would like to see seles get a less spammy option for cav.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007