Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

I would suggest archer unit for all the civs, also for cartigian civ, numidian mercenaries and tuareg camel (caballery), more heroes for rome, like Pompey, Mark Antony, Ceasar, Octavius, a system of mercenaries for rome, romanized (Auxiliares). Charriots for Egypt (ptolomies)

1- not all civilization uses archers as main ranged unit example romans was a civilization know for have archers in republican era, iberian and celtics too.

2- these heroes can be are planning for Imperial Rome. The Republic Rome are more based in Punic wars.

3- we have discuss about mercenaries system global in each map this way you can train units like Cretan archers or Indian Elephants in some maps..

4- with chariot you need show how used was in Ptolemy's Egypt and the camel too for Carthaginians.

Thanks good to know, think got excite u are right no prof of camel thing in carthage nor charriots in Ptolomy´s Egypt. Then wonder If ur gona add Egypt as faction?.

Also I would suggest that the sacred band of bal to be cheaper or stronger

The time frame for Ancient egyptians ( new And old kingdom) is out, the faction need be 500 B.C-1 A.D and 1A.D to 500 A.D.

Can be add units as Eyecandy for maps and campaigns.

To suggest balance game be have a topic.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19460

Backing to Rome thing I would suggest to have a tecnology like selucids, to chose between Rome Populares and Rome Optimates then if u go for Optimates u ll gain control of the current elite units and heroes of that party, if u chose Rome Populares u get the Mario reforms and heroes like Ceasar the new legions sistem, etc

Id like to ask if just planing to stick to 3 heroes per civ, cause Rome and many other civs got many other prominent heroes. Also wonder if Rome Empire as a faction or maybe as an upgrade of Rome republic maybe better.

Id suggest Cayo Mario, Julius Ceasar, Mark Antony for heroes there are many others

In my opinion skirsmishers, archers, ranged units in general are overpowered, some players are using them as "raiders", poking early thanks to their movily and their power, if u are roman or spartan or some civ that Its main base is infrantry or even caballery u are in disadvantaje, recently played macedon against sparta, he was getting basic units skirmishers and hoplites peroikos when i was getting slingers some skirmishers and elite peltast. That wasnt rentable and I ended up losing, they didnt even get near the skirmisher, they died in the way.

Also I suggest that fortress towers and city centres to have more attack both when are empty and when garrisoned, and to have some kind of early defensive tower like a woden tower, not a watch tower, that can also be upgraded to stone tower maybe.

• Like 1

In my opinion skirsmishers, archers, ranged units in general are overpowered, some players are using them as "raiders", poking early thanks to their movily and their power, if u are roman or spartan or some civ that Its main base is infrantry or even caballery u are in disadvantaje, recently played macedon against sparta, he was getting basic units skirmishers and hoplites peroikos when i was getting slingers some skirmishers and elite peltast. That wasnt rentable and I ended up losing, they didnt even get near the skirmisher, they died in the way.

Also I suggest that fortress towers and city centres to have more attack both when are empty and when garrisoned, and to have some kind of early defensive tower like a woden tower, not a watch tower, that can also be upgraded to stone tower maybe.

no problem Scyths is working in balance that( range units). I'm thinking in a mixing about Outpost and defense tower a kind wooden defense tower that can allow 4 units, can placed anywhere and have more healt or have limited. Obviusly more weak than a defense tower but more string than a outpost.

no problem Scyths is working in balance that( range units). I'm thinking in a mixing about Outpost and defense tower a kind wooden defense tower that can allow 4 units, can placed anywhere and have more healt or have limited. Obviusly more weak than a defense tower but more string than a outpost.

Thanks good to know, why iberian tower is 300 stone? and slingers cost 50 food 50 stone have the same range that skirsmishers, iberian civ in my opinion need a elite mele caballery, when i said the fortress attack thing i was think like age of empires 2 castles that u really need siege weapons or tons of units that would propably die. Dont take me bad im new and i really like this game, if can help to create something better

• Like 1

Thanks good to know, why iberian tower is 300 stone? and slingers cost 50 food 50 stone have the same range that skirsmishers, iberian civ in my opinion need a elite mele caballery, when i said the fortress attack thing i was think like age of empires 2 castles that u really need siege weapons or tons of units that would propably die. Dont take me bad im new and i really like this game, if can help to create something better

iberian tower is most powerful tower in game, have more garrison capacity and the best health.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello dear 0AD community!

I just recently found out about this game and I'm really impressed. The GFX are great, the gameplay is cool and the implemented features diversify this game from other RTS games I've played. I'm just starting to learn the game and the different cultures and me and a friend are having a blast exploring the mechanics and different cultures in multiplayer. I even got my girlfriend who interested who only played Civ5 games until now, this is the first RTS game that got her hooked :)

So, why do I post in this topic? First of all I hope I'm posting in the correct thread and that my question/suggestion has not been postet yet. I used the forum search and google as intensive as I could, but I couldn't find the relevant information. If the feature is already implemented, please just ignore this :)

Suggestion: Can we get cooperative and collaborative multiplayer in 0AD? The idea is the same as in AoE2 or PA (Planetary Annihilation): More players connect to a game, choose the same color and they collaborativly control a single player / culture. Im a huge fan of communicating different duties to human players. For example one person starts building the economy/science, a second one micro manages the people in the city and builds houses/defense and a third one may start exploring or even fighting enemies with a small army right at the beginning. As 0AD games can get a little bit longer it would also be great so a player can leave the game any time, leaving his/her tasks to the remaining players. This would also be great so someone can start cooking while the others keep playing ;)

Kind regards,

igot2b

• Like 1

Hello IGot2b This is a nice request not sure it will be in though we plan different game modes at the end and therefore yours could be included. :)

However since we lack programmers the best way you could make it happen is programming it yourself. I will store your idea somewhere it will not be forgotten though. Glad you like the game :)

• Like 1

@igot2b

Is interesting idea two players control single faction? Or two faction are with same color but share the control assigned two players?

Two players (or more) control one single faction. It's been suggested before, and might end up in the game. It's probably not the easiest task though as the system needs to handle what to do if it gets orders to e.g. move the same unit to two different places, maybe at the same time. It should definitely be possible to do in one way or another though, especially if people are ok with things like that possibly not giving the expected result.

Hello IGot2b This is a nice request not sure it will be in though we plan different game modes at the end and therefore yours could be included. :)

However since we lack programmers the best way you could make it happen is programming it yourself. I will store your idea somewhere it will not be forgotten though. Glad you like the game :)

Sadly I'm not really able to programm anything but I'll let you know if I find someone who is motivated to do so. Thank you for taking notice of my suggestion!

@igot2b

Is interesting idea two players control single faction? Or two faction are with same color but share the control assigned two players?

That's something I didn't think of. I think that the main problem will be the distribution of the gathered ressources in any scenario. Personally my initial idea was controlling a single faction with multiple players and a shared ressource pool, like in AoE2. We're still playing AoE2 because of this feature sometimes.

When controlling two factions with the same color there are some questions that come to my mind:

• How will the gathered ressources be distributed?
  • When controlling units from another faction, what kind of buildings can be built?
  • Will developed improvements be shared amongst the allies?

This could be interesting since I've never saw an multiplayer implementation like this but this sure needs way more discussion/feedback/planning.

Two players (or more) control one single faction. It's been suggested before, and might end up in the game. It's probably not the easiest task though as the system needs to handle what to do if it gets orders to e.g. move the same unit to two different places, maybe at the same time. It should definitely be possible to do in one way or another though, especially if people are ok with things like that possibly not giving the expected result.

You accuratly described what I was suggesting. Regarding orders my suggestion would be last come, first served (LCFS) just like in AoE2. You can have a lot of fun distracting other allied players but it's also fun communicating what tasks are done by whom. Playing seriously requires a good communication and may give an advantage to a single player. A bad team may distract itself and would fail against a single player. This feature is a different addition to diversity of the gameplay into a "social interaction" direction that I would really appreciate :)

• Like 2

Perhaps make it so a team player could hand off control of their faction to a teammate. That would accomplish the objective of letting the game continue while a player goes AFK. Much more straightfoward to program, I would think.

Dividing up the control of a single faction sounds interesting, but it also sounds complicated.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I realized one thing with my latest game (I put the video on the youtube topic), about gaia's elephants.

They just destroy spear-man cavalry (if you don't micro your cavalry while hunting) and I think that it makes maps (with elephants) not very balance for every civilization.

For example in my game there were many elephants but I was playing Romans so on phase 1 no range cavalry. I never had any trouble while hunting elephants before but I didn't realize that it has always been with range cavalry.
Elephants are an amazing source of food and a civilization starting with range cavalry will imo really have an advantage over a civ like Romans on a map like that.

Aren't the elephants doing to much damage to spear-man cavalry? Or is it on purpose to give some advantage/disadvantage to civs on different maps?

Edited by Alekusu

....you can "harvest" the poor elephants with ranged inf and a little micro easily too ..

yes but cav have a bonus for hunting no ? And they move faster so gather even more.

so one civ will have to micro and hunt without bonus, another civ will just need to send a skirm cav use shift click and don't take care of this for 10 min. not really fair no?

I heard that on alpha 18 the auto "moves" of skirm cav will be removed and that's good but still have the fact that hunting with range infantry is not as efficient as ranged cav.

Edited by Alekusu

...just kill the phants with ranged inf, then gather the food with melee cav.

And yes, automicro of ranged cav is removed in next alpha, so you have to micro the ranged cav when attacking a phant too, as you had with ranged inf.

Btw, wondering why such a great player as you are not participates in svn (a18) testing/balancing... ;)

Edited by zzippy

Btw, wondering why such a great player as you are not participates in svn (a18) testing/balancing... ;)

Yeah I know i'm sorry... I got busy at work and then busy with the videos and then I tried to install the SVN on my mac but failed and I thought it was already to late to give my review for alpha18 actually. I'll help for alpha 19 for sure (gonna get a monster maxi best of PC soon)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I realized one thing with my latest game (I put the video on the youtube topic), about gaia's elephants.

They just destroy spear-man cavalry (if you don't micro your cavalry while hunting) and I think that it makes maps (with elephants) not very balance for every civilization.

For example in my game there were many elephants but I was playing Romans so on phase 1 no range cavalry. I never had any trouble while hunting elephants before but I didn't realize that it has always been with range cavalry.

Elephants are an amazing source of food and a civilization starting with range cavalry will imo really have an advantage over a civ like Romans on a map like that.

Aren't the elephants doing to much damage to spear-man cavalry? Or is it on purpose to give some advantage/disadvantage to civs on different maps?

Unless I'm mistaken, elephants (and other passive-aggressive gaia animals) will focus solely on the first unit that attacked it, which means you can attack the elephant with one unit and then micro that single unit around in circles while the rest of your hunters kill the elephant.

• Like 2

• Stan` featured this topic