Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

My link + My link2

when I begin to help you? worked well with using skype ... graphic memory 23D ...

possiamo fare un gioco cosi duttile puntando sull'editor che nessuno si può lamentare .

I would like to explain the reasons of my notes : se qualcuno parlasse italiano sarebbe più facile ???

contact me if you like ... used Blender? still remember the houses should be scaled down and the controls to move up to fight in peace without disturbing the view and reconfirm what I said in the link ...

sole_sorridente_by_perfinstals-d309oc4.jpgciao

I have a few suggestions.

1. Cheats -

Are you planning on adding different cheats to the game? Would it be too much to ask for an option to be added to the developer overlay which gives the player (and only the player) more resources? I guess the option could be press and gain 500 each. Also, do the current options (such as reveal map) do anything to the AI? What I mean is does the map clear for the AI as well, or do they still retain the fog of war.

2. Diplomacy -

Is there any current plans for a system of diplomacy? War's good and all, but I always love to be able to have diplomatic relations with other players. The more options there are, the better. This could include peace demands, tributes, offering soldiers, trading different things, trading territory (is there going to be some form of territory? I'm guessing so from the description of the civic center), etc. Any thoughts on this?

3. Campaign Maps -

One of the things I love the most about games like Total War, Rise of Nations, EU, etc. is that they have a "Conquer the World" type of map, which you'll understand what I'm talking about if you've ever played any of those games. Will this have something similar? A map which covers a large area where you can move armies and such to different territories and conquer them? Could you add diplomacy to this as well (gaining territory, declare war, ask for peace, etc.)? I see there's something in the works for campaigns, but I'm not sure what those campaigns will be like, which is the reason for my suggestions.

I just thought of something else.

4. Easier to select units -

It's really annoying how double clicking a unit doesn't select all units of that type on screen. Say there are 5 hoplites currently on screen. 3 of them are just recruits with no experience, 2 are medium, and the last 1 has max experience. If you double click 1 of the hoplites with no experience, it will only select those 3. Same with the 2 with medium experience, and the last 1 with max. Seriously, double clicking the 1 with max won't even select any other hoplites. I can kind of see why this is done since the upgrade is visual, but in a battle I want to be able to select all of my hoplites at the same time. It's incredibly frustrating double clicking on a hoplite, only to find I usually end up with only half since the others are different levels. Double clicking should select all of them. If you want, just add an extra option that selects all the units of the same type, but also the same level. Maybe Shift+Double Click?

5. EASIER TO BUILD WALLS! -

There must be something I'm missing here. In any game I've ever played that allows the player to build walls, there's alway an option to connect walls. This is usually done by clicking somewhere after selecting the wall, and then dragging the mouse which would drag the wall as well. That way the finished wall would actuall look like it's fully connected. Right now I have to waste way too much time trying to fit the wall pieces perefectly so that no one can go through. I can't even use the stupid gate, since there's no option I can see that actually lets you open it. It acts exactly like a regular wall piece right now. Also, I'd love to see the ability to customize the way the wall is created when dragging it (if you do something like that), so that it drags in a way that resembles a snake. What I mean is, allow the wall to curve so that it doesn't always have to be like a box. In the demo scenario for the Hellens (I really don't think I got that right), the city already has a bit of a wall that curves around it, and actually connects. That's what I want to be able to do, but it was way too much trouble for me to try and finish that wall, and what I did manage didn't look nearly as smooth as what was already there.

One option I would really love dealing with walls is one that I saw in another game I have (can't remember the name right now). Basically, you could build your wall however you wanted to very easily. You did the normal building by selecting the option to build a wall, and then dragging the wall after clicking to surround what ever it is you want to protect. Once the wall finished building you could select wall pieces (just remembered, I think it was Empire Earth), and then there were several options to choose from. One option was to build a tower, which would add a tower piece. The second option was to add a gate, which would change the wall piece you selected into a gate (to be specific, the wall turned green to show were you could place the tower/gate, and you would place it manually). That option made it really easy to build walls around places.

It's really annoying how double clicking a unit doesn't select all units of that type on screen.

This has changed in Alpha 5. Double-click to select all of that type and rank, triple-click to select all of that type regardless of rank. :)

There must be something I'm missing here. In any game I've ever played that allows the player to build walls, there's alway an option to connect walls.

A wall system is not implemented yet. Just remember we are only in Alpha stage. :)

This has changed in Alpha 5. Double-click to select all of that type and rank, triple-click to select all of that type regardless of rank. :)

I can't believe I forgot that. I'm sure I've read it before (maybe the manual? Can't remember).

A wall system is not implemented yet. Just remember we are only in Alpha stage. :)

Right, I keep forgetting that little detail. :)

I'll remember that next time before posting something, sorry.

I would suggest allowing super units to gain experience. Although they are a reliable fighting force, it is annoying how when your super units are killed the killer gains experience while when the super unit kills the opponent, nothing happens. By the way, when is self healing going to be implemented?

"G" should be the default hotkey for garrison, instead of whatever it does now. Related, garrison should have a hotkey :P

Ctrl+Right click is the hotkey for garrisoning :)

I can't believe I forgot that. I'm sure I've read it before (maybe the manual? Can't remember).

It wasn't in the manual before, but now it is. Thanks :)

I would suggest allowing super units to gain experience. Although they are a reliable fighting force, it is annoying how when your super units are killed the killer gains experience while when the super unit kills the opponent, nothing happens. By the way, when is self healing going to be implemented?

Priests or Temples (will eventually) heal units, I don't think there is something like self healing.

Units are actually spec'd to self-heal over time, when idle only. I'd rather only have this feature for Heroes, so that healing units is reserved for the Temples and Priests.

I agree, self-healing on all units would greatly reduce the usage of priests. Self-healing could be activated on all units when they are garrisoned though, although much slower than it is now.

I know that this is a bit off of the subject, but I wish to criticize (hopefully constructively) the history articles of 0 A.D. I'm not talking about the ones on the website, but ingame. When I read these, I believe that I noticed a couple spelling errors and some definitely some grammatical usages that that seemed odd and informal such as "didn't", "don't", etc,... Also, there are some long articles that are hard to understand since you cannot scroll up or down (as far as I know) I also dislike how some are absurdly short. Likewise, I found it quite odd when I saw some using the abbreviation B.C.E. and others using B.C. I prefer B.C. not because of my Christian faith, but merely because B.C.E. is less concise, seems and seems rather pointless since it still refers to Jesus's birth and furthermore, what made C.E. 1 more common than 1 B.C.E? Finally, 0 A.D. is pretty much meaning the "the zeroth year of our Lord" and goes right along with B.C. so unless you change the title of the game, it will seem somewhat strange.

The other two things I would like to have changed are the leaders of Rome and Gaul. The first hero is Britomartos. Britomartos fell so quickly to that Roman, then why have him as a hero? If there is no other alternative, then I give my humblest sympathy. The other hero is Sulla. I never liked Sulla and however great he was as a tactician, didn't Marius do a lot of cool stuff?

Sulla actually isn't a Roman hero anymore. The Roman heroes are Marcellus, Maximus Cunctator, and Scipio Africanus. The in-game stuff is out of date. I also agree that someone (myself?) should do a once-over on that stuff to make it readable. It was originally just copypasta from the Design Document. We're going to be working on the UI stuff for Alpha VI anyway, so it's a good time to update the in-game manual stuff.

Stuff.

Sulla actually isn't a Roman hero anymore. The Roman heroes are Marcellus, Maximus Cunctator, and Scipio Africanus. The in-game stuff is out of date. I also agree that someone (myself?) should do a once-over on that stuff to make it readable. It was originally just copypasta from the Design Document. We're going to be working on the UI stuff for Alpha VI anyway, so it's a good time to update the in-game manual stuff.

Stuff.

you know, i could possibly do that. as long as i have the original text and basic sources, i can update the entire thing with new wording and my own creative flourish (im a writer by hobby)

At some point, you'll also have to balance out unit stats. Iberian rams do WAY too much damage to soldiers; two shots and one's out. Similarly, they TAKE too much damage from archers. Much too much.

Hope Alpha 6 will also see the minimap populated.

At some point, you'll also have to balance out unit stats. Iberian rams do WAY too much damage to soldiers; two shots and one's out. Similarly, they TAKE too much damage from archers. Much too much.

Hope Alpha 6 will also see the minimap populated.

Some stats balancing will take place throughout the entire development process, but the main focus on stats will be during the Beta phase.

Note sure what you mean by "the minimap populated" :unsure: Units, buildings, resources should already show up if that's what you mean.

1, What happened to the fanatics?

2, Why isn't the UI more AOE3-like?

3, When will berries become renewable resources?

1. I don't think they've went anywhere :-/

2. Because it isn't :P Not sure why one particular GUI should be copied, but in either case, as with everything else the GUI is a work in progress, so if you have any specific suggestions for how to improve it please post them and we'll see if you can convince us ;):)

3. Imho never =) We'll see what happens, but the intention is to encourage players to expand, especially when territories are implemented, so renewable resources would work against that.

Recently, I tried the latest alpha. It's all coming together very well. :) Path-finding was a little quirky though. I ordered some villagers to a destination a few screens away, they didn't move at all. However, once I ordered them about halfway as far they went to that point.

I know the game is currently alpha which means some features are not yet available. Is the charge function implemented? I remember reading about that somewhere but looked in the manual and couldn't figure out the controls to make that happen.

Is there a list of what unit is strong vs what other unit? An aoktc example would be:

Pikemen:

- strong vs mounted units

- weak vs archers, other soldiers

Also, is there an excel list or a table of each units: health, attack, armor, bonuses? Thanks for the great game. I look forward to testing further.

Is there a list of what unit is strong vs what other unit? An aoktc example would be:

Pikemen:

- strong vs mounted units

- weak vs archers, other soldiers

There is not an in-game list, but the units do have UI tooltips in-game that give this information. It's not accurate yet though (unit bonuses arent implemented).

• Stan` featured this topic