Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Ive 2 Ideas for the formations:

Babarians schouldn't can make such nice formations as the romans. So my Idea is that every unit has a value which says how good the unit can go into a formation. Ive thought of a value between 0 and 5. A value of 0 means that the unit isnt able to go into a formation (the unit simply goes to a random point near the target), a value of 5 means that the unit will exactly match the formation (the unit will go exactly in that way to the target that the formation wont change). The higher the value is, the less randomly will the movment be. (3-doesnt match the exact formation, but a formation alike)

2. Formation Boni:

That some units have some special formations which give them bonis. The phalanx for example could have a formation in which they can hardly move but have a big bonus against riders (and a small against any other units).

We could make super units that are unique to one's civilization, with one being cavalry type, the next being heavy infantry type, the next light infantry, to keep tactical strategies in the game.

Like: Hellenic: Robot Phalanx (Heavy Heavy Infantry)

Persians: Tank Chariots (Countered by Robot Phalanx)

Romans: USMC (Super Archer)

Or something along those lines.

• 1 month later...

Is there a rating/ranking system and a reseting in the game when inactive?

The exact details for this haven't been decided, especially since we don't know what possibilities we'll have for game servers etc. If we have the resources we'll probably set up some kind of system, but it's too early to say something specific. Feel free to make more specific suggestions, but don't count on us to implement any of them.

Will there be Mount/Dismount option?

No. I think it's been discussed in more detail somewhere else in these forums, so you should just have to search if you want to read more about why we'll not add it.

I am guessing this is the suggestions section of what we would like to see.

First of all, I thought of an awesome idea which could be devastatingly funny ;p.

Happened to my cousin twice which made me laugh so hard, first in some LoTR game, one of those really tall towers fell because the enemy attacked it with siege and it fell right into his epic army, everything was lost.

Another similar situation in Empire at War, where a single vehicle totally ran over his men instantly killing them ;p.

Collapsible buildings, Devastating Accident: :D

Whenever a building is destroyed, all units hit by the falling debris are killed or damaged.

The point of this would be for the besieging player and the defending player to watch out for buildings collapsing over their men, imagine the devastation of tightly packed cities crumbling over villagers, since buildings are not so tall, the effects wouldn't be so devastating but would add a fun factor.

Is this already implemented or impossible to do?

I also saw in EE some kind of feature where they had burning arrows which put affected buildings in a burning state for a while which could spread to adjacent buildings, so archers could successfully siege, wood buildings would be devastated while stone buildings wouldn't burnt hat bad maybe.

Burning buildings: :)

There could be various methods to burn buildings, maybe with men throwing torches directly, archers throwing flaming arrows or catapults throwing burning boulders, the fire would slowly decrease building HP besides burning units in a very small radius where they are practically adjacent.

If this were implemented, perhaps a special power or ability called "The Rain of Fire" requiring like 20 archers where they do a massive arrow volley of fire XD.

Lol I just got uber inspired, also this game is still ind development phase right?, where new features are still possible to add and such, I also loved that river suggestion I saw many posts back in this thread where men could swim across rivers ;p.

That's why I suggest maybe some small damage (Maybe 1-5 % Max HP?), half HP sounds drastic as well ;p, but yes I know from experience how horrible it can be.

This brings up another question, will you have realistic fire? (EE has odd 2D like fire)

Also how fast will infantry be trained (In one's like many games, three's, five's like in AoE3)?

If they were built in numbers at a time, you could have both cav, chariots and elephants be trained in smaller numbers at a time as well, also will elephants actually live to see the day, unlike in AoE3?

Elephants would be awesome if they were uber slow, powerful behemoths, not moderately fast, decent hp, and moderately strong, ooh if there are elephant archers maybe the archers could auto attack while the elephant itself keeps moving.

Capture method, it would be very interesting watching my men over take the enemy building shouting rabble, rabble, rabble, and 5 minute later have it under my control.

Plus outposts, are those units in the screenies towers or outposts?, it would be interesting to have weak outpost in which if you mounted a unit it would greatly increase that unit's LOS as if he were a watchman.

I'm guessing the stable has a horse on display, if it does, does the horse actually have an animation to make it look real, unlike in AoE2 where you had really frozen horses.

You guys got some kind of ballistic siege or pure catapults?

Will there be like hill movement?, when a unit climbs a steep high hill he will move a bit slower (Would add tactics in positions if there were to be ever any hills in a map.

How many players is this game planned to haul (2, 4, 6, 8)?

You guys still decided what bonuses will territory exactly give? In EE2, houses were limited to 6 in each territory and even gave bonuses to their territory in addition to the population increase, maybe you guys could do something similar, like a resource drop off bonus at every warehouse and the territory's settlement.

How much population is this game planned to hold (Decent 200, large 400, epic 1,000)?

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

• 1 month later...

The only difference between night and day (and different weather for that matter) is graphical. There were ideas for how it would affect gameplay, but those have been postponed to part 2 (or rather, postponed for now and it's to be decided if they'll make it into part 2) together with some other features that have been cut to make it possible to get the game done reasonably soon.

Personally I'm not sorry not to have them, I turn of the weather in EE as I just find it boring.

• Stan` featured this topic