Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Additional work -> Delay of release

Also, tis is AoK style game with emphasis on warfare. I don't want 0AD to end up as The Sims variation.

I'm interested in military, less I have to care about peasants, the better. I mean, there, of course, is need to manage economy,but I find that in AoK satisfactory.

Oh, allright, except for:

The Sims (y)(y) ?? WTF ;) ?? I was talking about a more Total War feature :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppidum_of_Manching

I think it's good pictures of a oppidum.

I hope that all picture will be useful.

PS: the Brittons used cuirasses of leather and woad for bodypainting (several blue only) but they used less chain mail than Gallic warriors. However they used chariots and bodypainting unlike Gallic warriors.

Edited by Genava55

Oh, allright, except for:

The Sims (y)(y) ?? WTF ;) ?? I was talking about a more Total War feature :o

You can't implement Total War features into RTS. You'd definitely turn it towards The Sims variation (well, I took it perhaps too much to the extreme, but I just wanted to point out how it could end up). I, among other people, hope, that Part II will bring in Total War style into 0AD, but for RTS it would make it too complex.

You can't implement Total War features into RTS. You'd definitely turn it towards The Sims variation (well, I took it perhaps too much to the extreme, but I just wanted to point out how it could end up). I, among other people, hope, that Part II will bring in Total War style into 0AD, but for RTS it would make it too complex.

You´re right.

When I said Total War feature, I was refering that I was thinking on Total War when I posted that. I´ve got RTW and M2TW and THEY RULEZZZ!!! More than happiness, I think such a feature would (hipotetically) be called public order (happiness DOES sound Simish, after all)

Taxes? Do you have those in the game? :o

Nah, but probably having too many workers in one region, or the distance from your starting Civic Center? ;)

Perhaps, but I think too much tax systems would increase ping to an intolerable level. Perhaps additional ping could be purchased at the Dock if it is properly traded with an off-map ally? (y)

A territory revolts and starts acting like a separate player, would be cool.

Okay please think about this. Would it really?

Is it really going to make you say "wow! this is so much fun!" when one of your territories containing a ton of your forward buildings and units suddenly for no reason is no longer yours and begins to attack you?

Most likely this would confuse you the first time, and make you extremely annoyed every subsequent time it happens. If there were conditions you need to meet so that your territory doesn't revolt, then those just become standard busy-work features that just waste your time micro-managing things.

There is no reward for the player, in terms of fun or otherwise for a territory to revolt other than preventing the game from being terribly unfair and anoying. What makes things fun is rewarding the player for doing clever actions...punishing the player or rewarding the player by not punishing the player isn't how to make something more fun.

The idea however is an interesting twist that can be applied to campaign situations, but in regular gameplay this would be the most anoying thing... in the midst of combat I do NOT want to worry about half my units suddenly turning against me because I forgot to purchase additional ping and it has now become very high.

Is it really going to make you say "wow! this is so much fun!" when one of your territories containing a ton of your forward buildings and units suddenly for no reason is no longer yours and begins to attack you?

Yes, seeing a territory revolting, and becoming another belligerent would be very fun.

If there were conditions you need to meet so that your territory doesn't revolt, then those just become standard busy-work features that just waste your time micro-managing things.

Something as simple as moving a hero into the territory, OMG so much micro. My time! it's.... it's being wasted!

in the midst of combat I do NOT want to worry about half my units suddenly turning against me because I forgot to purchase additional ping and it has now become very high.

Idiot. Their would be condition, not hard ones to meet, space out your resources a bit, build a temple/theatre, move a hero into the territory. Also, congratulations on what you want. It's not like anyone else will be playing.... right?

@Your post in general

Ignorant, narrow minded, needs more constructive criticism.

There's much to be explored in this area, I will laugh at you if this makes it into the game/future release.

Edited by Brightgalrs

Depends on what he does (y) But in any case, my point is that while calling someone an idiot isn't enough reason for banning or stuff things like this adds up, so please be more polite here on the forums than you'd be in the real world among people you know. It's not as easy to know if you should take something as a joke or an offense on the internet as in the real world where there are more than words to carry meaning (smilies only do part of the job after all, and may still be interpreted differently).

And when the person in question has got moderator privileges it can be dangerous too

Would be an abuse of power... wouldn't it?

And isn't your insult abuse of anonymity?

He doesn't only have moderator privileges. As he is one of leading persons of 0AD, and thus you should want to make him agree with you and this is always made by polite and constructive discussion.

You have failed to control your emotions and insulted him in public. Now you should show that you are grown up enough to realize your fault and apologize.

Then we can start to discuss it again. But don't expect it to be implemented sooner than in Part II. As it was already mentioned, team lacks menpower. What do you prefer? Perfect game which is never released or less perfect game which is released and can be later extended by addons?

Unfortunately, feature you request adds another micromanagement which is distracting and more suitable for turn-based rather than RTS. RTS can be pretty fast and you can be done in 30 minutes.

Imagine, you have 2 heroes and you are attacked. What would you do? Keep them in provinces or take them into battle to defend from blow which might be lethal? Heroes are supposed to boost skills of your units. So you most probably will keep them in heat of battle rather than keeping them in any province you conquer.

And building theatre? Is it really enough to subdue nation? I don't think so.

Edited by Belisarivs

He doesn't only have moderator privileges. As he is one of leading persons of 0AD, and thus you should want to make him agree with you and this is always made by polite and constructive discussion.

He offered me nothing constructive. Being in a leading position makes this even more critical.

You have failed to control your emotions and insulted him in public. Now you should show that you are grown up enough to realize your fault and apologize.

It's that time of the month....

Sorry CheeZy.

Then we can start to discuss it again. But don't expect it to be implemented sooner than in Part II. As it was already mentioned, team lacks manpower. What do you prefer? Perfect game which is never released or less perfect game which is released and can be later extended by addons?

Why create a suggestion forum? I do not like an idea dismissed without someone telling me how it could be better.

Unfortunately, feature you request adds another micromanagement which is distracting and more suitable for turn-based rather than RTS. RTS can be pretty fast and you can be done in 30 minutes.

Nope.

Imagine, you have 2 heroes and you are attacked. What would you do? Keep them in provinces or take them into battle to defend from blow which might be lethal?

We are thinking now... funny how this idea comes up in the middle of an argument against my idea...

Heroes are supposed to boost skills of your units. So you most probably will keep them in heat of battle rather than keeping them in any province you conquer.

And building theatre? Is it really enough to subdue nation? I don't think so.

Is a few houses enough to house an entire population? I don't think so.

Post dissection done.

• Stan` featured this topic