Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

Yep. Don't remember which was which but with one of the games, the saved game was generic as far as which player slot "you" were in.

When you loaded the saved game, you just picked which slot you were in before.. (or wanted to play actually). Only one person loaded the saved game at the beginning, the game synced the other player(s) up to it. So some thought would have to be done for making the saved games as small as feasible. The 15-60 second synching process (with the option for a fixed timeout period which could be renewed if everyone wanted to wait) was a small price to pay for the utility it added to the game.

Another thing I recall being useful was being able to adjust the color of user to user messaging, game to user, and user to team (messages). Useful to those without perfect eyesight or the colorblind.

Edited by wayspooled

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I am not readressing this.

It would be nice to have some of the major interface improvements to minimize micromanagement found in Total Annihilation (1997) and Supreme Commander (2008)

1. no arbituary number of units per selection

2. some sort of way point system that allows you to queue unlimited move/attack/build etc orders on mobile units and structures

3. Maybe even the ability to modify these way-points without having to reset them

• 3 weeks later...

Please(if possible)

-To enable the player to turn hero's auras on/off

-Include fishing =)

-and YEAH- Tahattus made a VERY IMPORTANT point in his 11 request xD

-Environment seasons, weather, animals, terrain--make everything graphically stunning=P-so far all the screenshots r pretty darn good=)

-We don;t want clones please

-Make everything as uniques as possible, --and possibly give us a wider and bigger range of unit choices..(like in aom, to me the unit choices are pretty small)

-And finally, I know this is a free game, but i see it got the potential of it in becoming a great game so plpease don;t spoil and Keep working! You guys are doing great!!!

In Age of Mythology, i dislike how units have 'big bonuses' depending on their types... like heroes PWNs mythic creatures, archers PWN infantry.... Can we make it a bit more balance... So there is more tactics/strategy instead of building the right unit choices to counter your enemy... Thanxs

Dito big time

That is the only reason why Multiplayer was so biased

It's like Fox news.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I have an idea for wall building. Its raw, I just made this, but I will tell:

Well, taking and maintaining an enemy base was, for me, a bit hard job on AoK, because, if the city is walled, OR you build around ALL the enemy wall left, OR you destroy every wall section, because, if you want to fortify your city only building in the spaces left, the enemy can simple delete his own wall to attack your new city. Then I thinked about an "Wall radius" around the Town Center. When you destroy an enemy Town Center, and build an Town Center of your own, all the walls inside an radius around the Town Center will convert to yours, for re-building the city defenses will be an easier task. Any opinion, post here, and we will try to make this idea better, or, if is bad, discard it. =)

• 3 weeks later...

Thats not the point, the main advantage a horse gives in battle is to be able to charge against the enemy, because that single moment can leave a bunch of soldiers out of the battle, but once surrounded, the horse can be easely wound, becoming a burden, the best option after the charge is keep moving so the infantry cannot sorround you.

But in closed formations, of heavy armored spearmans, the charge doesnt work since the first contact that the horse have, is with the spear, and sometimes the horse can refuse to advance. I still dont see why would the hoplites be weak against cavalry. Has history show, the best way to face a static defensive formation, is with mobile ranged units.

About the wall thing:

I think it is easier to give units a radius. For example, you attack a fortified town => the radius of your troops makes it impossible for the enemy to build/destroy his buildings, walls...

When you pull back your troops, the radius disappears obviously.

• Stan` featured this topic