Suggestions for 0 A.D.

Wijitmaker

If your going to have people saying things in their native languages, could you post up their translations somewhere. for curiosities sake. after all we want to kiil the cats (they really masacared australias native wildlife and can get very feral and more dangerous than wolves (aus doesnt have them but just using them as comparison) dingos, and many of ouur other native creatures.

• 1 month later...
is it possible to make Random Map Scripting as easy as Aok is?

it really hope RMS for this game isnt as complicated as Aom.

Hmm, this is a tough question - making the scripting system is a process of complexity (i.e. greater possibilites and options for advanced scripters) vs. ease-of-use (better for newbie scripters and easy start-off). I guess, though, that we will be aiming for a more AoM-like system, since that will integrate better with our scripting environment and the engine.

It taxes the processor.

However, we too have been thinking of multiple light sources, having shadows flicker and move arround a campfire certainly would be cool. It's still just something "to think about" though :) we want to get an idea on performance before trying anything like that.

(and another reply from me :P )

I was looking at the released screenies on the site and I came across the winter screenie again. And I found this:

Ok, so you guys really want dripping water when snow melts off buildings? :( Well, ok, well see. And by that I mean we'll try to put it in, rather than think about putting it in.

See, this is the kind of feedback we like :( In the future I'm gonna start a forum thread for each batch of screenshots we release so that people can offer feedback more easily and broadly. We've practically got a thread running here in this comment form :(

So how is this idea going, did you try it yet? Did it fail, did it work? Tell us. :(

LOL, some people here seem to overestimate the progress we made on the game in the last months - we haven't even had any time to *think* about implementing such things as dripping water, as we do not even have all game-basics in place :( Probably we can talk about that again in late 2005 or early 2006... though it may probably never come, due to being technically possible but very complicated to implement.

Please do not forget that we need basic game elements to be done before we can get started on anything "new" or "nice-to-have".

• Like 1

Right now theres alot of other more important things that need to be made and put into the game besides a dripping water effect - Otherwise it's possible to put an effect like that in the game, it wouldn't require any extra code (after the weather system is made).

For now it's still an idea, we can't promise it'll make it in the game.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure you won't forget this. :(

And I have another idea. :(

What if you first build a standard tower, a watch tower, and then when you put an archer in it it's 'transformed' to a guard tower. And when you put more archers in it, it will shoot more arrows and do more damage. Then it could sometimes be wise to make 1 tower with 5 archers instead of 5 towers and no archers. Get what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...

That would be cool, but what if you take the archers out? Is the tower un-upgraded?

I'm curious... would it be possile to duplicate the folder with 0AD and mod it to make a completely new RTS? I have ideas for one, but I'm nowhere near good enough to code an engine. I can barely do a simple scene in OpenGL as it is.

I'm curious... would it be possile to duplicate the folder with 0AD and mod it to make a completely new RTS? I have ideas for one, but I'm nowhere near good enough to code an engine. I can barely do a simple scene in OpenGL as it is.

If you do that it wouldn't be different from a total conversion.

• Stan` featured this topic