Several questions

newcivs

• 3 weeks later...

Armor is the defense of a unit. In the case of a human entity, this means his or her clothing, a shield, helmet, and so on. A spear or axe is the weapon (that is, offensive, not defensive) and is unrelated to armor. Assuming you want to adjust a spearman into an axeman, you would have to adjust the Attack properties in the entity's XML file. It is probably easier to let a unit inherit from a generic axeman template instead of the spearman template it is probably now inheriting properties from.

In the related actor file the right hand prop has to be altered as well to an axe, plus the attack_melee animation has to be adjusted. I would look at an existing axeman unit and copy those values.

• Like 2

Armor is the defense of a unit. In the case of a human entity, this means his or her clothing, a shield, helmet, and so on. A spear or axe is the weapon (that is, offensive, not defensive) and is unrelated to armor. Assuming you want to adjust a spearman into an axeman, you would have to adjust the Attack properties in the entity's XML file. It is probably easier to let a unit inherit from a generic axeman template instead of the spearman template it is probably now inheriting properties from.

In the related actor file the right hand prop has to be altered as well to an axe, plus the attack_melee animation has to be adjusted. I would look at an existing axeman unit and copy those values.

with what software i can edit the .psa animations???*NOTE i am using GNU/Linux

Rfremix equivalent to Fedora 19

You cannot edit them. You either have to use an existing animation, or create a new one from scratch in e.g. Blender. You'll most likely have to create a new unit model as well in that case though. But again, most likely there is an existing animation you can use already, just by changing the XML for the unit. Maybe the 2handed sword animation is useful for what you want to do? I suggest you take a look at champion_unit_3.xml in the celts folder and base it on that (just change the broadsword to an axe), and see if that's ok enough.

• Like 1

That's the right file, did you restart the game?

i gonna explain you:

1 turn off the game

2. open gedit and edit the file, i put as armor flaming javelin

i edit the file and this is the result:

"after i run the game"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><actor version="1">  <castshadow/>  <group>    <variant frequency="100" name="Base">      <animations>        <animation file="infantry/general/dude/dudeidle.psa" name="Idle" speed="100"/>        <animation event="0.5" file="infantry/javelin/attack/ijv_off_01.psa" load="0" name="attack_ranged" speed="75"/>        <animation event="0.5" file="infantry/sword/attack/isw_s_off_05.psa" name="attack_slaughter" speed="100"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="Walk" speed="120"/>        <animation file="infantry/sword/move/run/isw_s_off_01.psa" name="Run" speed="30"/>        <animation file="infantry/sword/move/run/isw_s_def_02.psa" name="Run" speed="30"/>        <animation file="infantry/sword/move/run/isw_s_em_03.psa" name="Run" speed="30"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="carry_food" speed="120"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="carry_meat" speed="120"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="carry_wood" speed="120"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="carry_stone" speed="120"/>        <animation file="biped/walk_spearshield.psa" name="carry_metal" speed="120"/>        <animation event="0.23" file="infantry/general/chop.psa" name="gather_tree" speed="250"/>        <animation file="biped/hoe.psa" name="gather_grain" speed="300"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/forage.psa" name="gather_fruit" speed="125"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/forage.psa" name="gather_meat" speed="125"/>        <animation event="0.43" file="infantry/general/mine.psa" name="gather_rock" speed="250"/>        <animation event="0.43" file="infantry/general/mine.psa" name="gather_ore" speed="250"/>        <animation event="0.43" file="infantry/general/mine.psa" name="gather_ruins" speed="250"/>        <animation event="0.6" file="infantry/general/dude/dudebuild.psa" name="Build" speed="300"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_01.psa" name="Death" speed="400"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_02.psa" name="Death" speed="700"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_03.psa" name="Death" speed="500"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_04.psa" name="Death" speed="400"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_06.psa" name="Death" speed="500"/>        <animation file="infantry/general/death/inf_07.psa" name="Death" speed="400"/>        <animation file="biped/inf_salute_c.psa" name="Promotion" speed="450"/>      </animations>      <mesh>skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae</mesh>      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/heads/head_iber_isl_b.xml" attachpoint="head"/>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/jav_projectile_flame.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/jav_projectile_flame.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/shields/iberian_buckler_basic.xml" attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>      <textures><texture file="skeletal/iber_isw_b_3.dds" name="baseTex"/></textures>    </variant>  </group>  <group>    <variant frequency="100" name="Idle"/>    <variant name="attack_ranged">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/jav_loaded.xml" attachpoint="loaded-r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/jav_iron.xml" attachpoint="projectile"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="attack_slaughter">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/knife.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_tree">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/axe.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_grain">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/hoe.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_fruit">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/basket.xml" attachpoint="l_leg"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_meat">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/basket.xml" attachpoint="l_leg"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_rock">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/pick.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_ore">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/pick.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="gather_ruins">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/pick.xml" attachpoint="l_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="Build">      <props>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>        <prop attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop actor="props/units/tools/mallet.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="carry_food">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/shuttle_basket.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="helmet"/>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="carry_meat">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/shuttle_meat.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="helmet"/>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="carry_wood">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/shuttle_wood.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="" attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="helmet"/>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="carry_stone">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/shuttle_stone.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="" attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="helmet"/>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>    </variant>    <variant name="carry_metal">      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/shuttle_metal.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/>        <prop actor="" attachpoint="l_hand"/>        <prop attachpoint="helmet"/>        <prop attachpoint="shield"/>      </props>    </variant>  </group>  <material>player_trans.xml</material></actor>
Edited by newcivs

You cannot edit them. You either have to use an existing animation, or create a new one from scratch in e.g. Blender. You'll most likely have to create a new unit model as well in that case though. But again, most likely there is an existing animation you can use already, just by changing the XML for the unit. Maybe the 2handed sword animation is useful for what you want to do? I suggest you take a look at champion_unit_3.xml in the celts folder and base it on that (just change the broadsword to an axe), and see if that's ok enough.

2 handed swrod???

such as delamokludda?

That is the unit which uses the champion_unit_3.xml in the celts folder in the art\actors\units\ folder yes :) Copy that into a new XML file in mods\yourmodnamehere\art\actors\units\germanic\ (change "yourmodnamehere" to the actual name of the mod) and change the things which are supposed to be different. Most importantly perhaps change the weapon from <prop actor="props/units/weapons/broadsword.xml" attachpoint="r_hand"/> to point to the file where you've defined the axe.

i see a new technology that promote all mercenary soldiers of Carthage, and i have a question, what i mod of this technology for create a remixed tech that promotes citizen soldiers?

"Libyan Spearman, Mauritanian Archer, and Numidian Javelinist"

?

this is my code, but when i play with this technology i don't see any promotion

Edited by newcivs