Several questions

newcivs

To make units trainable from a building you need to add code similar to the following to the XML file for the building you want to add them to. The below is taken from the simulation\templates\structures\athen_civil_centre.xml file:

<ProductionQueue>    <Entities datatype="tokens">      units/athen_infantry_spearman_b      units/athen_infantry_slinger_b      units/athen_cavalry_javelinist_b    </Entities>    <Technologies datatype="tokens">      -phase_town_generic      phase_town_athen      -phase_city_generic      phase_city_athen    </Technologies>  </ProductionQueue>

Just put:

<ProductionQueue>

<Entities datatype="tokens">

followed by the name of the unit according to the same pattern as above, and then close that with:

</Entities>

</ProductionQueue>

This is if you're creating a new building/a building that doesn't yet train units. If you're modifying a building that already trains units, just add the unit in before/after the existing units. (And this of course requires the unit to have an XML file available in the appropriate location.)

It is possible to train Samnite swordsmen if you build an Italiote embassy as Carthage, however you cannot train Samnite skirmisher or spearman mercenaries in this build.

Samnite skirmisher and spear units are placeable in Atlas

Yeah i undersatnd it, but modding the italiote embassy for train the samnite skimsher "for example", i put units_samnite_skimser from simulaton/templates/units?

i copy from art/actors the unit?

Edited by newcivs

Try the svn version just follow the build instructions on the wiki that way you will have the latest code and art,do not install just run it in user land(your home dir) not in system land(installed) that way it is much easier to edit as you do not change any system files that need root privileges to modify.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

Try the svn version just follow the build instructions on the wiki that way you will have the latest code and art,do not install just run it in user land(your home dir) not in system land(installed) that way it is much easier to edit as you do not change any system files that need root privileges to modify.

i have a question for you, how i can download only the public folder using the SVN, and install as a mod?

or how i can compile 0AD changing the name, i gonna explain, i'm using Rfremix!, and i installed 0ad yum yum install 0ad, hoy i can change the name of the "compiled version" to 0ad-svn!?

No need to do that at all.You need the whole svn if you really want to get it to work.When it comes to running it all you need to do is

./pyrogenisesis

From a terminal in the svn folder 0AD/binaries/system at least that's what I think it should be if not hopefully someone who knows for sure please chime in 8)

• Like 1

No need to do that at all.You need the whole svn if you really want to get it to work.When it comes to running it all you need to do is

./pyrogenisesis

From a terminal in the svn folder 0AD/binaries/system at least that's what I think it should be if not hopefully someone who knows for sure please chime in 8)

Oh Yeah!!, that's very very easy i gonna use it!!

By the way what that"./" means use the binary in this folder not any other very useful when you may have other apps/scripts with the same name all over your hard drive ;) Just one of the ways that Linux is so useful and user friendly it just picks it's friends carefully :lol:

We have discussed this before. I believe the current consensus was that it didn't really fit with our gameplay.

Note: it is planned to make regular citizens (not citizen soldiers) convert to the player that defeats another player. They will still be regular citizens and not slaves though.

excuseme for asking you, this citizens gonna have population cost?, or are free?

Isn't this a duplicate?

www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17755#entry277626

It sure is a topic by the same person, on the same subject, within a few days, so...

Newcivs, please don't post multiple topics about the same thing (I seem to recall you having made different topics on the same topic previously as well). If you've forgotten what you've posted about, remember to use the "View New Content" button so you don't miss any new posts in the topic.

• 4 weeks later...

You need to edit the unit template, and add the building to the builder entities (like you see the athen gymnasion and other buildings here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/templates/units/athen_infantry_archer_b.xml )

are you saying this code?

<Entities datatype="tokens">

structures/cart_super_dock

structures/cart_embassy_celtic

structures/cart_embassy

structures/cart_embassy_iberian

structures/cart_embassy_italiote

structures/{civ}_wonder

</Entities>