Is it just me or the new title sounds backwards?

Darklord

I had to register because this botherd me, I'm a huge fan of your work and how far this project has come. I have been lurking around, following you guys since the beginnig all thoes years ago. :)

Empires Ascendent? Sounds spanish with the adjective after the noun. Not that there is anything wrong with spanish, but this isn't spanish. Say it aloud. It just sounds odd. Nevermind ascendent is just a weird word. Unless you are talking about "the" Ascendent. Probibly wouldnt bother me as much if it were Empires Ascending. nah still does

Ascention of Empires would be ideal but I guess you wanted to avoid the confusion with Age of Empires. How about Ascending Empires? skip the of? Or just Rising Empires? (Hmm, thats a game too.. no fair, you guys have been around a lot longer then a silly android app.) Billowing Empires? or, to better avoid confusion with AoE, just nix the Empires altogether and just call it 0AD: Thoes Good 'ol Days When You Would Sacrafice Your Grandmother to Better Clear Your Concience. I don't know, too long?

Edited by Darklord

Darklord, thanks for your feedback. Certainly 'Empires Ascendant' sounds epic and poetic.
Also, I have to say that it doesn't sounds 'Spanish', Spanish is my mother tongue, and 'Empires Ascendant' it's pretty far from Spanish linguistic structures.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Edited by LAVS
  • Like 1

Darklord, thanks for your feedback. Certainly 'Empires Ascendant' sounds epic and poetic.

Also, I have to say that it doesn't sounds 'Spanish', Spanish is my mother tongue, and 'Empires Ascendant' it's pretty far from Spanish linguistic structures.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I think he was just noting that the adjective is located after the noun, as is common in Spanish but not common in English.