===[COMMITTED]=== Iberian Barracks

Stan`

Those blocky wall reinforcements don't look good to me, IIRC the iberian defense tower an the fortress had nice ones. Also the wooden planks texel number is too low and they are too perfectly lined. I'd like all the building corners to be sightly rounded, even on the window frames

Those blocky wall reinforcements don't look good to me, IIRC the iberian defense tower an the fortress had nice ones. Also the wooden planks texel number is too low and they are too perfectly lined. I'd like all the building corners to be sightly rounded, even on the window frames

Okay, I'm going to fix it What do you mean by adding more texels ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little bump for feedback

1390432733-iberianbarracksv15.jpg
1390432734-iberianbarracksv15-wire.jpg

Changes since last time (Not Much):

- Fixed Wall texture

- Added texture for foundations

- Tried to use as best as possible the wood texture, but don't know why it isn't looking good

- Removed the big pillars to be more in adequation with the forteress, though I don't know if its okay

What I need feedback on :

- Mostly the planks, because I don't know what to do with them, since it's a small building,

- The roof.

- Some advice on props, should have should not have would be great to be a bit historically accurate

- I was think of adding a flag instead of that carpet

Things that need to be done :

- Add Pillars on the side,

- Find something special (Don't know if its texture, or absence of bump) but the building looks fade.

- Fix the planks

- Adding a bit of your opinion guys =)

Put it in game to show you (Not that hard after all)

1390435825-firsttimer.png

IberianV15.7z

Edited by stanislas69

The Iberians don't have open window textures? I think literally every single other civilization has them xP

that's interesting

but the plank windows are a no go IMO, we need that dark to establish that nice value contrast for the structure

I'd like to see that little bit of roof that comes down on the courtyard side be tile

In regards to the wooden crenels around the courtyard, all I have to say is this: repetition is your enemy. Rotate, flip, or move the UV over the textures to get a different look for each one, an easy way to do this is selecting every other one, shifting it, every third, shifting it.. and so forth