niektb

• 2 months later...

Hi, i'm just registered a new account today to say, that you are making a great job on this mod.

I added a girl i found in the "gaia/celts" folder in public, i gave her a shield and axe, so this could be the Shield Maidens, i would like to ad something different to her to make her special, like aura for man's in battle increasing their damage or more damage against man. also it would be great to make she have her leather cloth too since i just taked the template and changed names and some codes because i don't know anything about textures or meshes

Skjaldmö = Shield Maiden

Also added viking longboat to the dock but only for City Phase, that longboat would be great if it have shields around and garrison inside visible

shield maiden.JPG

longboat.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also i have edited some at the "Actor/units/norse/infantry_swordman_b.xml and added ranged attack, also edited template/units/norse/norse_swordman_b.xml and set the max and min ranged and mele attack and now the swordman play's 2 animation. Mele attack are preffered to human and ranged for buildings maybe ships too.

So this could work for making the mele units attack with sword or axe humans and throw torch's or fire arrows to buildings and do real viking @#$% burning buildings and plundering

Captura_de_pantalla_(183).png

Captura de pantalla (186).png

Here  i post the template i couldn't uploaded before because of size 

<Attack>
    <Melee>
      <MaxRange>4.0</MaxRange>
      <RepeatTime>1000</RepeatTime>
      <PreferredClasses datatype="tokens">Human</PreferredClasses>
    </Melee>
    <Charge>
        <Bonuses>
        <BonusCharge>
          <Classes>Structure</Classes>
          <Multiplier>1.1</Multiplier>
        </BonusCharge>
      </Bonuses>
    </Charge>
    <Ranged>
      <Hack>0</Hack>
      <Pierce>1.5</Pierce>
      <Crush>0</Crush>
      <MaxRange>24.0</MaxRange>
      <MinRange>5.0</MinRange>
      <ProjectileSpeed>28.0</ProjectileSpeed>
      <PrepareTime>1250</PrepareTime>
      <RepeatTime>1250</RepeatTime>
      <Spread>1.6</Spread>
    </Ranged>
  </Attack>

21 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

I guess the animation in the meantime could be the same as javelins,  and at the moment didn't tried modifying the animation yet.
Or for flaming arrows use the "props/units/weapons/arrow_front_flame.xml" instead of normal arrow.

Catapults have same animation. A fire ball flying.

On 10/19/2016 at 4:22 AM, Alexandermb said:

Here  i post the template i couldn't uploaded before because of size 

<Attack>
    <Melee>
      <MaxRange>4.0</MaxRange>
      <RepeatTime>1000</RepeatTime>
      <PreferredClasses datatype="tokens">Human</PreferredClasses>
    </Melee>
    <Charge>
        <Bonuses>
        <BonusCharge>
          <Classes>Structure</Classes>
          <Multiplier>1.1</Multiplier>
        </BonusCharge>
      </Bonuses>
    </Charge>
    <Ranged>
      <Hack>0</Hack>
      <Pierce>1.5</Pierce>
      <Crush>0</Crush>
      <MaxRange>24.0</MaxRange>
      <MinRange>5.0</MinRange>
      <ProjectileSpeed>28.0</ProjectileSpeed>
      <PrepareTime>1250</PrepareTime>
      <RepeatTime>1250</RepeatTime>
      <Spread>1.6</Spread>
    </Ranged>
  </Attack>

Are you sure  this work right? I try with Persian Immortal and this did not work to add a 2nd attack. He just used the range attack.

here it seems that attacking building only trigger ranged mode, and attacking humans use mele mode only also i did the Visible garrison on boats only that you have to modify Healthbonus to get a bit regen rate or the enemy archers will kill the visible garrison units so it will be like health regeneration depending on the type of defense for ex: on thowers archers or swordman garrisoned have walls to protect thems so it could be 3 health each sec so it will posibly to be killed by enemy archers but at the same time it will survive a bit on the outpost and for ships they don't have any defense so it could be 1 health each sec. Atm the visible garrison i have completed are "Viking_longboat, Roman Army camp, i don't remember the name but its like a camp that could be builded outside the ring of territory, Snekkja and Siege tower." 

@niektb Atm just been doing some modifications to norse civ, so i guess it will be better to stay in this topic until i start to change the other civ boats and fortress since it put in a big disadvantage the units visible when garrisoned, so it need be doit for every kind of boat and fortress.

Captura_de_pantalla_(204).png

Captura_de_pantalla_(205).png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2016-10-16 at 4:47 PM, Alexandermb said:

Hi, i'm just registered a new account today to say, that you are making a great job on this mod.

I added a girl i found in the "gaia/celts" folder in public, i gave her a shield and axe, so this could be the Shield Maidens, i would like to ad something different to her to make her special, like aura for man's in battle increasing their damage or more damage against man. also it would be great to make she have her leather cloth too since i just taked the template and changed names and some codes because i don't know anything about textures or meshes

Skjaldmö = Shield Maiden

Also added viking longboat to the dock but only for City Phase, that longboat would be great if it have shields around and garrison inside visible

shield maiden.JPG

los nordicos llevaban a sus mujeres a la guerra y estas tambien eran ferozes guerreras y sientoque merecen un lugar en el mod , http://www.abc.es/cultura/20140903/abci-mujeres-vikingas-guerreras-201409031235.html

Las mujeres iban a la guerra

De modo que las mujeres podrían haber acompañado a los vikingos varones en sus primeras invasiones por Inglaterra en un número mucho mayor que lo que se creía hasta el momento, tal vez escondidas bajo una apariencia guerrera masculina. El estudio se ha centrado en 14 entierros vikingos de la época. Seis de ellos pertenecían a mujeres, siete eran hombres y uno era indeterminable.

«Los ajuares funerarios podrían haber engañado a los investigadores anteriores sobre el género de los invasores vikingos», sugiere el estudio. Un esqueleto con espada y escudo era tomado por masculino, habitualmente, pero ahora ya se está comprobando cada caso con análisis y ADN.

«Además de espadas y escudos, se han encontrado broches ovales que sin duda pertenecían a las mujeres vikingas de la época», que completan las conclusiones de la investigación arqueológica. También han ayudado los isótopos que se encuentran en sus huesos y revelan el lugar de nacimiento, a pesar de la dificultad.

Skjaldmö = Shield Maiden 

yo pensaba que podían ser unidades normales  pero se les quitara su bonus de agricultura ,o  por una mejora puedas reclutarlas desde las casas y solo en la segunda edad lo que le daría jugabilidad ,porque hay que ser honestos su early es bastante dificil y esta unidad le ayudaría , se tendría mas completos los ejércitos y daría mas variedad 

perdón pero no soy bueno para escribir ingles apenas y lo entiendo saludos y sigan así 

1qeiQ2T.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...