niektb

Cool!!

Here's another reference for the gate (The bad thing was that, I lost my source file for the wall concept.. So I am not sure right now on how I'll create the concepts for the wall_tower and the gate)

trelleborgen.jpg

We could also create and add a Viking Longphort structure (Something that will act like a Brythonic crannog, a dock-fortress or dock-civic centre hybrid.

Here's a sample of what a Longphort that have evolved into a town looks like.. (We can make a miniature version of this, which will serve as the mesh for the longphort)

1_large.jpg

The Norse had established several langphorts in Ireland during the VIking Age, several of which had evolved into towns.

• Like 1

Meh, we had a tile roof in the past but for some reasons (can't remember which) we switched to hay roofs. Let us not switch again :)

Maybe the walls are kinda high (or the buildings low) but maybe that's most realistic too... 

But what is the fortress model gonna do? Replace the Jarl's Hold model?

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I think it would look weird having both. Plus I have got no idea on how to make a tile roof ^^/

What do you call battlements ?

f0095-03.png

Those are battlements, but of course they'd be made of wood, lol. Regarding the tile roof, our model of the temple already has the texture. I know I'm nit-picking, but I suggest that because those big buildings, at least in mainland Scandinavia had tile roofs, and I don't really think having different roofs for different buildings would look too contrasting. By the way, would it be undoable to have 4 instead of one longhouses inside the fort's wall?

1 minute ago, Le Druide Gaulois said:

f0095-03.png

Those are battlements, but of course they'd be made of wood, lol. Regarding the tile roof, our model of the temple already has the texture. I know I'm nit-picking, but I suggest that because those big buildings, at least in mainland Scandinavia had tile roofs, and I don't really think having different roofs for different buildings would look too contrasting. By the way, would it be undoable to have 4 instead of one longhouses inside the fort's wall?

Mmmh that means one prop roof per building XD

For the longhouses I can try but they clearly will be off scale.

8 minutes ago, tlauick_19 said:

hola soy nuevo aqui y me gusta mucho su trabajo para con los nordicos , me encantaria poder aportar cualquier idea 

a mi me gusta este como fuerte aunqe tal ves deberia ser un poco mas alto y con una torre de vigila 

Bienvenido, no sé si será apropiado agregar torre vigía., cuando hay un modelo tratando de ser preciso a la historia.

12 hours ago, wackyserious said:

I like that idea, a unique/special military colony building.

•  Resource dropsite
  • Trains basic infantry units
  • Can train/build ships
  • Can be garrisoned like military colonies
  • Can only be built on a shoreline, like docks

yo avía pensado lo mismo, aunque tambien fueron exelentes mercantes tal ves un gran puerto mercante donde se puedan crear tropas unicamente y que fuera edificio especial 

On 16/7/2016 at 10:41 PM, wackyserious said:

We could also create and add a Viking Longphort structure (Something that will act like a Brythonic crannog, a dock-fortress or dock-civic centre hybrid.

Here's a sample of what a Longphort that have evolved into a town looks like.. (We can make a miniature version of this, which will serve as the mesh for the longphort)

1_large.jpg

The Norse had established several langphorts in Ireland during the VIking Age, several of which had evolved into towns.

algo asi pero chiquito :D es genial 

4 hours ago, niektb said:

@stanislas69: what's doable? Cleaning size is OK for me

Can you define cleaning size ? For now the building inside is the size of the norse cc.

I'd say anything's doable, now it will really depend on the map size.

51 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Like half of the Ring fortress? A semi-circle wooden wall with few houses and docks.

We should also make Norse tents, we can use them as props.

Here are some references,

oseberg_tent.jpg

f61d63a001dea22d98d1cd03d2916bd5.jpg

In half the ring I am unlikely to put more than one or two houses and the docs