niektb

• 3 months later...

Here's a quick wooden wall concept which I did earlier (Based on sources found at http://viking.destinationviking.com/en/attractions.html)

Norsewall.thumb.jpg.3c4ce142cfc8b67ece5e

Ívarr hinn Beinlausi  or Ivar "the Boneless" Ragnarsson

ivartheboneless.thumb.jpg.3f21178fa7a42e

Currently, we can use the Roman siege wall as placeholder for the Norse wooden wall and tower

placeholder.thumb.jpg.cc86601f250a6e8f5b

Edited by wackyserious
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I propose that we include the Norse viking chieftain Hastein to the hero unit roster.

- 859-862 AD, Said to have raided in Spain and the Mediterranean together with Bjorn Ironside, fought against the Kingdom of Asturias and the Umayyads in Spain, raided several Italian cities (Including the City of Luna, where he feigned that he was dying and wanted to convert to Christianity, as a premise to enter the city. he was accepted inside the settement, together with some of his men, and after entering the church, he stood up from where he was laid down, and started the raid of the city. This event might be familiar to those who have watched History's Vikings, but it was Ragnar Lothbrok that was depicted in the show and not Hastein)

- 866 AD, fought together with the Duchy of Britanny against the Franks in the Battle of Brissarte, which resulted the death of Robert the Strong (Father of Odo of France, the defender of Paris against the Viking raiders)

- 892 AD, Raided in England and fought against the Anglo-Saxons during Alfred the Great's reign, present at the Battle of Buttington

Edited by wackyserious

I think he is a better candidate, since he participated in conflicts against three of our mod's factions (Umayyads, Franks and Anglo-Saxons)

He fought against Alfred the Great and Charles the Bald (reigning emperor of West Francia when Paris was besieged)

We can keep the other heroes as campaign heroes available via Atlas

Edited by wackyserious

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of adding new Norse shield textures that depicts boars, but I can't find a good source.. (I found Celtic ones tho, similar to the Gallic warship sails but that would be inaccurate if we'll use those.)

There were three named boars in Norse mythology,

Gullinbursti (Freyr's)

Hildisvíni (Freyja's)

Sæhrímnir (Served as food in Valhalla)

Edited by wackyserious
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...