niektb

I brightened the door, let's turn to finalizing the longhouse.

post-15513-0-23873800-1391522899_thumb.p

Some last comments on the house:

Stan, could you create a (small) bar at the top of the roof running from ornament to ornament?

As this is a normal house it doesn't need too much props.

What I propose:

- a campfire in front of the door.

- some spears standing near the wall.

- a log with an axe or an axe in a tree stump.

- a few wooden barrels / ceramic pots next to the walls

Edited by niektb

About importing: did you read these?

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17542&p=273078

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16654&page=2#entry253448

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Basic3DImplementation

About player color:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><actor version="1">  <castshadow/>  <float/>  <group>    <variant frequency="1" name="Longboat">      <mesh>structural/viking_longboat.dae</mesh>      <props>        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/arrow_front.xml" attachpoint="projectile"/>        <prop actor="props/structures/viking/longboat_sail.xml" attachpoint="root"/>      </props>      <textures><texture file="structural/viking_longboat.png" name="baseTex"/></textures>    </variant>  </group>  <material>player_trans.xml</material></actor>

This is an example of a actor file. Note below the line which states : <material>player_trans.xml</material> That line should be included to make sure that the alpha channel is turned to the player color.

I think I know what went wrong with all the graphics not working. It's all my fault :fool:

Instead of using this material file,

<material>player_trans.xml</material>

This one should be used:

<material>player_trans_ao_parallax_spec.xml</material>

The first does not have certain effects, the second does.

That should deal with the strange graphics.

Edited by niektb

Don't worry Niektb I included it In my files. I will finish certan tasks before coming back the longhouse. I'll make the AO and give the models when the props will be added. Are you okay with the current stage ?

post-12287-0-83629700-1391895874_thumb.ppost-12287-0-19815500-1391895865_thumb.ppost-12287-0-18228200-1391895835_thumb.ppost-12287-0-20508600-1391895804_thumb.p

Edited by stanislas69

post-15513-0-67641700-1392056465.png screenshot0032.png screenshot0033.png screenshot0034.png screenshot0035.png

Fixed it. There is something wrong, looks like someone displaced it so the uv doesn't fit well (See last Image). So What would you see as prop ?

That's strange. Did the displacement occur since the last update or was it already there? And is it only with the shield or are there other places too?

I brightened the door, let's turn to finalizing the longhouse.

post-15513-0-94869900-1391088854.png

Some last comments on the house:

Stan, could you create a (small) bar at the top of the roof running from ornament to ornament?

As this is a normal house it doesn't need too much props.

What I propose:

- a campfire in front of the door.

- some spears standing near the wall.

- a log with an axe or an axe in a tree stump.

- a few wooden barrels / ceramic pots next to the walls

This.

Edited by niektb

I'm afraid it's been a long time. I'll try to fix the UV at least. Okay I'll make the props.

No, it's in the texture. Compare the latest textures with the initial one. You'll notice an offset. I'll try to fix that today.

Regarding to the props: Already a few props are in-game (e.g. campfire, barrels and props)

You're off course allowed to create them yourselves, but it saves work to use the already existing props.

Edited by niektb

Okay, now two things, Your texture is again not transparent. So I give mine which is also fixed. I'll move the props.Viking_struct.7z

I'll also add The whole project. I think I'm done with it =) When I will have finished all the others project, I may be free for you again.Longhouse-Final.7z

post-12287-0-37221900-1392151633_thumb.p

Edited by stanislas69