remix a default and hiiden faction

newcivs

i try to modify he default factions creating my civ "germanics", but i don't create it from scratch, y gonna copy the default units of 0AD "Celtic faction" nad i have some questions

* how "go to light" a hidden faction????, hidden means that is only avaible on editor

* how pt to build the structures of i want????

that means:

* celt_homestead "civ center, BETA, i gonna replace with the just civ centre"

* celt:hut as house

* celt_tavern as barracks

* celt_barracks as fortress

celtic: corral, market, blacksmith, dock, outpost and defense tower, copied out of the box

and now "special buildings"

celt_kennel "train celtic dogs" copied from britons

how i can create my mod for a facion as this?

We should really make a tutorial on how to make a new faction. But the first thing you need to do is create a civ json file in public/civs. Just use an existing one as a template. In the civ *.json file you create the code word for the civ, like "brit" or "mace" or "ptol". In your case it would be "germ" or something like this. This is step 1 out of 100 to make a new civ. ;) Now every unit and building entity template you make in public\simulation\templates\units and public\simulation\templates\structures can use "germ" for its civ. I highly recommend looking at the existing templates to see how this is all done.

Like I said, there are many steps on the road to making a civ. Others who have more time can give you more details.

• Like 1