Race to the top

lucho

So, I finally got some free time, and decided to take advantage by doing up a new map. The idea is pure empire building, and uses resource scarcity to encourage expansion. Actually, there's more than enough resources, but nothing compared to the other landmass. Sandwiched between romans and Carthaginians, can Macedonia pull another Alexander?

I'm still testing and tweaking the map; I'll post the files for it shortly. So far, the size of the map causes some lag (any easy way to minimize this, guys?). Let me know what y'all think :artist:

post-15702-0-85081500-1384537010_thumb.j

To make skirmish maps, you indeed need the SVN version for now, but it isn't difficult to make skirmish maps (just replace the CCs and units by the appropriate skirmish variants, and disable some defaults).

I like your map tbh, but I'd like it more if you could make the paths more clear with textures. When you start, it's not very clear how you can get off your hill, or if you can climb a certain mountian or not. In atlas, you can enable the passability overlay (in the terrain section). if you set it to "default", you'll see where every unit can pass. Then you can colour the passable bits of the hills with a different texture (something like gravel or similar).

And for the lag, well, big maps cause big lags, but it's something we should solve in the code, not forbid big maps.

• 3 months later...