Language support

Öncelikle sitenize bağış yapmak için gelmiştim ama TÜRKÇE dil desteğini göremeyince bağış yapmakdan vazgeçtim bu oyunu takip ediyorum ve emin olabilirsinizki Türkiyeden bir çok oyuncu bu oyunu Türkçe desteği için oynıyabilir ama sonuçta sadece sizin reklamınıza bağlı ben bağış yapmak istiyorum ama TÜRKÇE dil desteği gelirse kusura bakmayın ingilzicem zayıftır yinede size anlatmaya çalışacağım bir kaç şey.

Sorry A.D Staff members..

I do not why I'm here to make a donation, but donations will not do Turkish language support | sorry translate : :(((

job:real estate agent

note:I want turkish language pls..

communication;

http://www.facebook.com/kamil.ozel92

https://twitter.com/Romantikpezeven

Edited by ZeL4EverTR

Translation support is being worked on already, so that should not be a reason why you should or shouldn't donate. However, the actual translations will need to be done by people who speak the language. Maybe you, maybe someone else will translate the game into Turkish. There are already translations for several languages though (the actual translation system/translations will not be coming to the game until most likely Alpha 16, which is not the next to be released, but the one after that), so as Turkish is a reasonably large language I'm sure it won't be long before someone starts to work on it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You should also make some form of config file for the language names, so they can appear in a menu. Then document it, so people can add new languages themselves.

We use ICU to get the language name from the language code, so as long as the language is supported by ICU, the right, localized name will be displayed. The current implementation already detects translation files at runtime (provided that they are stored in the right folder with the right filename).

• Like 1

We use ICU to get the language name from the language code, so as long as the language is supported by ICU, the right, localized name will be displayed. The current implementation already detects translation files at runtime (provided that they are stored in the right folder with the right filename).

I'd like to have a compiled version of the engine for testing translations, even if the stability is less than desirable.

The backbone just isn't stable enough (we can't allow games crashing just because the translation isn't good). So it has to wait a bit until it's stable enough.

Also, even the languages over 80% aren't all good. Some still need a lot of review.

The Spanish translation is in great shape. I've been personally responsible of managing and translating most of it. So I can assert that it is complete and cohesive.

In fact thanks to our work we have improved the accuracy of the English strings, both grammatically and historically. So, yeah, guess what? This is ship quality.

• Like 1

I'd like to have a compiled version of the engine for testing translations, even if the stability is less than desirable.

The Spanish translation is in great shape. I've been personally responsible of managing and translating most of it. So I can assert that it is complete and cohesive.

In fact thanks to our work we have improved the accuracy of the English strings, both grammatically and historically. So, yeah, guess what? This is ship quality.

Latín names in English are same but in Spanish are different.

Gaius Julius Caesar > Cayo Julio César

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

There is actually no stability issues as in random crashes. The problem is that the internationalization branch only seems to build on my Linux machine. Other Linux machines and Windows machines cannot even build it. No chance to generate an executable on those.

• Like 1

There is actually no stability issues as in random crashes. The problem is that the internationalization branch only seems to build on my Linux machine. Other Linux machines and Windows machines cannot even build it. No chance to generate an executable on those.

And that is because of...? Lack of interest? Strange or esoteric subset of libs? Incomplete makefile? Lack of portability? With all the fuss and competition cooking right now in the Transifex page I can't believe this is being delayed for months already. Specially if seems to work without regressions. Can anybody explain it?

• Like 1

We have always planned to first release A15 without translation features. As we're now finishing up A15, we don't really have the time to investigate the problems with localisation.

When A15 is released, internationalization will be one of the first things we start working on and get committed.

This isn't a change in our plans, it's how we planned it all the time (though we did plan to release A15 a bit earlier, but some other problems arose).

• Like 2

In my case, not woking on fixing the internationalization branch is a bit of a mix of lack of time (I'm not studing and working), lack of interest (not in the feature itself, which I really want to see implemented, but in fixing the Windows implementation, which so far has proven a frustrating experience) and lack of hurry (we decided not to include this feature before Alpha XVI, to be on the safe side and have time to thoroughly test this feature).

Regarding why it is not working, if I knew it would be working :) The Windows part, which is where I stopped, was (if I recall right) something to do with the project configuration and the required libraries, but it's been some months since I (termorarily) gave up.

On top of getting it to build, we still need to figure out how to handle right-to-left languages, and extend our fonts to support all scripts.

The Windows part, which is where I stopped, was (if I recall right) something to do with the project configuration and the required libraries, but it's been some months since I (termorarily) gave up.

I'm sure we'll get those issues resolved, as we did for gloox and the multiplayer lobby, even if it's a pain. I don't think many others have been testing the translation patch due to other priorities for A15. I've not looked at this, but if I remember from reading IRC logs, there may be similar problems with the libraries APIs using STL types, which will break the Windows build the same way as gloox? If so, it's a bit more complicated to solve, if not, great :)

I'm sure we'll get those issues resolved, as we did for gloox and the multiplayer lobby, even if it's a pain. I don't think many others have been testing the translation patch due to other priorities for A15. I've not looked at this, but if I remember from reading IRC logs, there may be similar problems with the libraries APIs using STL types, which will break the Windows build the same way as gloox? If so, it's a bit more complicated to solve, if not, great :)

That is correct. I definitely need to read the logs before I get back to it XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...