Art Dev. Task tracking

Enrique

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lion I made one :)

can be nice you attached to the ticket or post related post forum , slightly I remember you made some related.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2293

These tickets have more than a year open, i mean these bunch of tickets related to art and props.

Lordgood can review them?

-------off topic------

May be the art leaders need to know, happens with my emblems , only I had some feedback, they aren't active.

The ptolemaic emblem need be redesign.

can be nice you attached to the ticket or post related post forum , slightly I remember you made some related.

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2293

These tickets have more than a year open, i mean these bunch of tickets related to art and props.

Lordgood can review them?

-------off topic------

May be the art leaders need to know, happens with my emblems , only I had some feedback, they aren't active.

The ptolemaic emblem need be redesign.

I already did. http://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17924&page=6%C2'>

I am the only "artist" that reads trac regularly. Fabio also made a post, and I sent a PM to all of the artists. No answer.

What about, you try to make one ? :)

I already did.

I am the only "artist" that reads trac regularly. Fabio also made a post, and I sent a PM to all of the artists. No answer.

What about, you try to make one ? :)

That the big problem here be don't have active art team members.

I know we work with great quality standards. But we are playing with same Seleucid place holders , and there are 14 months, are props not whole set of buildings ( Lordgood works faster with great quality) only needs review to your work.

The Mauryan trader is not finished, so Mauryans are not finished yet, now we have José ( the new animator) working with new models, have great quality too.

I know this a hobby, and we don't have the pressure to finish, we are unique in the industry. But can be nice take some decisions about art and design team, we need a design team. Because after lost Michael we lost some gameplays features decisions these actually are freeze, like corral but that matter is other topic.

That the big problem here be don't have active art team members.

I know we work with great quality standards. But we are playing with same Seleucid place holders , and there are 14 months, are props not whole set of buildings ( Lordgood works faster with great quality) only needs review to your work.

The Mauryan trader is not finished, so Mauryans are not finished yet, now we have José ( the new animator) working with new models, have great quality too.

I know this a hobby, and we don't have the pressure to finish, we are unique in the industry. But can be nice take some decisions about art and design team, we need a design team. Because after lost Michael we lost some gameplays features decisions these actually are freeze, like corral but that matter is other topic.

About that mauryan trader... http://stanleysweet.deviantart.com/art/ZebuWalkV7-RC-507938216

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like it if we add several more actor entities/props that were a lot bigger and could be used to plot, say, 20 bushes, more water lillies or about half a screen of grass at once. Since the game currently struggles with rendering many small entities rather than few big ones, it could be used to optimize our actor rendering and thus allow us to make our maps better.

I'd like to have some "forest undergrowth" stuff too like they had in AoE 3, with some flowers, bushes, small trees perhaps added.

Note that for efficiency it'd have to be a single mesh, not several props.

Should I make a task for this?

• Like 3

Rather than placing a premade clump of trees, it would be much better to have an entity brush in Atlas. trompetin17 expressed some interest in working on that.

Or since we have copy/paste now, you could copy a clump of trees and paste as many times as you like, even save the contents to a text document for later use (eventually we could have this feature built into Atlas).

I think sticking a ton of props together isn't a practical or efficient solution (I don't like it on our farms either).

What is your solution for farm?

What we have now is an improvement over the old farms in terms of eye candy, but it looks too crowded, too uniform and patterned. I think part of that is the bug with prop variants, but even so, they are always going to be precisely the same layout.

Some ideas: link several meshes together in Blender into clumps, then have maybe 3-4 clumps per field, they could be randomly mixed and matched (that's still props but at least it's not like 64 of them per field). Or there is the possibility of what wraitii and Philip discussed in IRC the other day, having the engine combine meshes together to take the manual work out of it. And just like a handful of trees in 0 A.D. can represent a forest or grove, a handful of plants could represent a farm IMO :)

Then there's terrain conformance, well I wouldn't build a farm on the side of a hill, around here farmland is quite flat, I would expect the same thing in ancient times. So terrain flattening under fields when they are placed wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

See I think the farms are just fine. I like the terrain conform because not all farmland is flat (especially in Mediterranean!). Flattening the terrain beneath them makes like like any other building, when farms are not ebven a building. yes, the prop can be randomized more but that is simple actor changes and some new prop meshes and texture.

ITC_large.jpgarticle-2266524-007807AB00000258-969_634destination_13.jpg\

z1cAw.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1