Lost Valley

lucho

What? Another map? Ok, Ok, I won't spam the forums with my creations. But this one came out pretty good and I wanted to show off what I've learned with Atlas. The idea is a bit whimsical, and not at all realistic. Rome and her opponents take their fight deep into Africa. Plenty of resources and space to build and grow. Have fun!

post-15702-0-28487100-1381628896_thumb.j

valley_do_vale.pmp.zip

@lucho : Thanks for the map! I like it. I enjoy a lot how much you stressed the relief, having these cliffs and depths.

To my opinion, two factions instead of 4 would be better on a map of that size, but my opinion isn't best because I play very rarely and I'm the kind who love quiet game, few battles, a lot of time to enjoy the landscape and build the town peacefully :)

Keep the good work lucho, you seem like a good map-maker!

• Like 1

Por cierto Hablas español?

Claro! Me gusta hablar Castellano, pero tengo pocas oportunidades (vivo em Brasil, así que tengo que usar mas Portugués).

About the map: I tried to put the resources just far enugh from each civilization to accelerate the conflict (heh...). I wanted to avoid a glut of resources. I guess this means I'm discriminating against turtle strategies?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! Real life doesn't give me the free time I'd like, but I'm going to keep at it ( el laburo no para, la lucha tampoco ) :)

Sí, estoy usando Linux; specificamente ubuntu 13.04 64-bits. No hay actualización todavía, pero el 13.10 se estrena ahora (hoy, puede ser?), que la tendrá

My own playtesting so far has been similar: you have to really hustle to get the resources before the AI. It took me a few games before I could beat the AI. I didn't want it to be easy, but this map isn't for the faint of heart...